2002-03 Accepted And Not Going??!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cafepinay

Proud Premed Pinay
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Have any of you out there gotten multiple acceptances, already finalized your decision as to where you will matriculate, and HAVEN'T told your other schools that you won't be attending there anymore??? Or asked them to remove you from their waitlist??

If this is the case, for the sake of those still waitlisted at those schools, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE them that you're going somewhere else!!!!!

Just a public service announcement. Thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Okay buddy. At this point in the year, people cannot hold multiple acceptances. For most schools that issue acceptances at this time of year (i.e. to waitlisted people), the response time is only a 1 week window.

Thanks Diogenes,

I guess then I should give up hope and say I'm not accepted...unless by some miracle, someone got accepted this week and will tell my admissions office that they're not going next week. I know this process is a pain in the @$$, but I'll allow myself some time to cry a little bit before I get up and move on. Which I will, soon. All good, I'll get there someday.

Ok, it's time for me to look for a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not over until the first day of class. Wait until then.

:( Don't give up hope quite yet.

Just think, if you don't get in this year, you can do all the things you'd like to do while in med school but wouldn't have the time for.

Also, you can get a job and save up money so that when you DO go to med school you will have plenty of money so you won't have to take out so much in loans. Just don't forget to keep volunteering so you'll have things to put down on your app's. They'll want to know what you've been doing since you graduated. Use the time to have fun, pay off debt, and strengthen your app. But don't write off this year already, keep calling your schools to find out about waitlist movement. Lots of them haven't even started yet. GOOD LUCK!!:)