2003 AMCAS FAQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like the same questions appear on SDN all over again and the search is not working. May be it is possible to create FAQ on AMCAS 2003 application and keep somewhere on the first pages. Please, keep the questions/answers in the following format:

Q: My personal statement turned into one big blob. What to do?
A: Print function was one the last one that was added by AMCAS so they decided not to polish it. Your statement will appear with the same paragraph separation as you see it in your text editor.

Members don't see this ad.

A: Print function was one the last one that was added by AMCAS so they decided not to polish it. Your statement will appear with the same paragraph separation as you see it in your text editor.

Q: What are my chances? I have...
A: Nobody knows. If you are really curious, go ask your premed advisor or someone similar.

Q: When is early/late?
A: Early is June/July. Late is October. Fill in the rest.

Q: When will AMCAS transmit my application to schools?
A: July 8th.

Q: When do I send LORs?
A: With your secondary, directly to the schools.

Q: What should I do if I want to take the August MCAT?
A: Fill out the application, send in your transcripts, and check the box saying that you will take the application in August. When your score arrives, it will automatically show up in your application.

Q: What is the limit for the essay?
A: 5300 characters, including spaces.

Q: What are my chances?
A: We do not know. Please stop asking.

Q: Should I apply with a... and a...
A: We do not know. Please ask your advisor instead.

Appending to the What are my chances question:

A: Nobody knows. If you are really curious, go ask your premed advisor or someone similar.

A completely statistical analysis of your
<a href="http://www.sandiego.edu/~e_cook/chances/chancesmed.html" target="_blank">chances of acceptance at a University of California medical school</a>

A: Fill out the application, send in your transcripts, and check the box saying that you will take the application in August. When your score arrives, it will automatically show up in your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Q: Do I send LORs directly to AMCAS or to schools?
A: You have to send them to every school you apply to. Some of the schools have special forms to fill out so you would have to call/e-mail designated schools to find out their policies. In some schools you can send out LORs right after you submit your primary

A completely statistical analysis of your
chances of acceptance at a University of California medical school