2003 APAMSA National Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incendiary

Fantabulous Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know about a med student conference that will be taking place in DC this November. It should be great, and I'd encourage you all to check it out. :) Here's an email I got about it:

---

[Please forward this email to friends and classmates who might be interested. Thanks in advance.]

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA), we are pleased to invite you to the 2003 APAMSA National Conference, "Changing the Face of Medicine," which takes place on November 7-9, 2003 in Washington, DC, on the campus of The George Washington University and Medical Center. GW, Johns Hopkins, and USUHS medical schools are proud co-hosts of the event.

This will be the largest gathering of APA medical students, pre-medical students, and physicians to date, as this event celebrates the 10th Anniversary of APAMSA. We have an exciting program lined up for this milestone event. Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN Medical Correspondent, will speak at the keynote banquet on Saturday night. RADM Kenneth Moritsugu, U.S. Deputy Surgeon General, will be the opening speaker. Students will have the opportunity to address APA health care issues on Capitol Hill via the Pre-Conference Leadership Forum. Workshops will cover diverse topics including international medicine, alternative medicine, cultural competency, and much more.

You can register for the APAMSA National Conference through the official website: http://www.apamsa.org/2003conference/register.php.

Please register early to ensure your spot. The regular registration deadline is October 15. Group discounts are also available.

If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or visit the conference website for the latest updates at http://www.apamsa.org/2003conference/.

On behalf of the conference committee, thank you for your time, and we hope see you in DC!

Stephen Chang and Geoffrey Yoon
Co-Chairs, 2003 APAMSA National Conference
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

wow that looks awesome. It'll be cool to see Sanjay Gupta speaking. I'm definitely going to the conference.
-KL

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely go. I went last yr to the one at St. louis and it was AWESOME. My friend is in charge of this one and I wanna go sooooo bad, but its the weekend before term 1 finals. poo.

Don

Man, it won't be the same without you Don. :(