2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start:

AADSAS
7/3 - application confirmation packet w/ gpa's and whatnot
12/6 - academic update form

UMich
7/15 - confirmaton letter and postcard that my application is complete and the fee received
10/7 - interview package, interview scheduled for mid october
12/3 - called and was told i'm still in review

Case
6/17 - confirmation of reciept of application
6/26 - interview invitation
6/29 - scheduled interview for late august
12/2 - Accepted :)

Marquette
6/21 - secondary application
9/5 - interview invitation, interview scheduled for early october
12/1 - letter saying i'm on hold

UDM
6/24 - receipt for application fee
9/15 - confirmation letter for reciept of application
11/15 - interview invitation
12/6 - scheduled interview for mid december

Members don't see this ad.

CASE sent me their DMD brochure on 6/19 after submitting their in-house application. Maybe a clue that my application is being reviewed.

Biogirl, did they send you an actual letter regarding your application?

Edited: Plus a letter stating that my application is complete, dated 6/14.

AADSAS
5/18: submitted application
7/6: received confirmation from AADSAS

Arizona
7/8: received secondary application and request for fee(via email)
8/12: interview invite Aug. 26 (via phone call)

UOP
6/14: confirmation of receipt of application fee (mail)
6/18: confirmation of receipt of AADSAS applicaiton (called them on phone)
6/18: notification that application status will be available via the web in October.

Nova
6/16: confirmation of receipt of AADSAS application (email)
6/26: received secondary application (mail)
7/2: confirmation from NOVA that they got my official DAT scores and my secondary application (email)
8/6: interview invite for Sept. 30(mail)

Case
6/23: confirmation of receipt of AADSAS applications (phone)
6/23: confirmation of receipt of DAT scores (phone)
6/23: talked with the gal on the phone. She said the DAT scores were great, and that they are already making interview decisions for as early as August. She said I'd be hearing from them soon.
6/24: received brochure packet about school and a note requesting my official DAT scores (mail)
6/28: received interview invite
6/28: scheduled interview for August 18

Kentucky
6/28: received a request for fee to process application (mail)

Louisville
7/12: request for application fee and residency application (mail)
7/15: Inforsource status updated

Michigan
7/16: confirmation postcard and letter received

Marylnad
8/11: supplemental/interview invite (email)
8/22: interview Sept 28 (mail)

UNLV
7/12: confirmation that my application is complete and being forwarded for review (mail)
9/20: interview invite received (mail)

UNC
8/19: interview invite for October 16! (phone)

VCU
7/13: confirmation that my application is complete (via email)
9/10: interview invite for October 18 (mail)

Members don't see this ad :)
Biogirl, my file is complete with CASE - its being reviewed, should hear something by the end of the month.

Mo007 said:
Biogirl, my file is complete with CASE - its being reviewed, should hear something by the end of the month.

Congrats, I'm sure you'll get in at Case. Excellent school, and my application there followed the same timeline that yours is. They were my first interview, and I was the first person that they interviewed that year. You'll do just fine!

Case is one of the schools that start their interviews early. Don't worry, you will get a interview invite soon!

ItsGavinC said:
Congrats, I'm sure you'll get in at Case. Excellent school, and my application there followed the same timeline that yours is. They were my first interview, and I was the first person that they interviewed that year. You'll do just fine!
I hope so - It would be great to hint me what to expect at the interview day.

Why did you decide not to attend CASE?

AADSAS
7/6: Received AADSAS confirmation papers (mail)

UOP
6/11: Confirmation of receipt of application fee (mail)
6/28: Confirmation of receipt of AADSAS application (mail)

UNC
9/9: Interview invite

UNLV
7/6: Received secondary application (mail)

Arizona
7/8: Received secondary application (e-mail)
9/20: Denied!
Maryland
8/11: Interview invitation (e-mail)
8/19: Interview paperwork, called to confirm appointment (mail)

hey guys, its finally offical for me, i just called aadsas, and they finally procesesed my application ( i submitted june 2nd). they said they'll send it out next week. my gpa as calculated by aadsas is:

overall- using plus/minus- 3.61 and not using 3.66

BCP- plus/minus= 3.48, not using = 3.52

Science- plus/minus = 3.51 , not using= 3.56

i know some schools dont use the plus/minus school (UF for sure doesnt, i called and asked) and i heard a few others dont. i'm still kinda worried about my DAT scores, specifically my PAT, i have a 21/15 :(
i was wondering if anybody here, or if you guys know anybody who got into UF with a 15. ( i am a FL resident) if so, i would love to talk to them. i also applied to case, nova, howard, UMB, UMDNJ, SUNY @ buffalo, and Temple. does anybody know which of these schools look the least at the PAT score? any help would be appreciated. by the way, my aadsas number is 579, even though i applied on June 2nd!!! thats crazy! looks like this year there are going to be thousands of applicants.

one last thing, u guys were saying that case sends out interviews early, how early? when should i expect to be getting replies from these schools? thanks guys,

omar

Case starts interviewing around mid-July - end-July (as they don't have secondaries to fill out). Since you are a fairly competitive applicant, you should hear from ad coms about 2 weeks after they send you application for evaulation.

Best of Luck! (But you will get in somewhere)

omar,

you are in good shape with your gpa and AADSAS #. yes your PAT is low, but i think you plenty to make up for it.
if your bio and sci scores are good, then i think you should have also applied to UCONN and IUSD.

good luck and you probably hear from the schools (as far as secondaries goes) sometime in july(end of it). i haven't heard of anyone getting it any earlier.

PERFECT3435 said:
good luck and you probably hear from the schools (as far as secondaries goes) sometime in july(end of it). i haven't heard of anyone getting it any earlier.

my boyfriend got his interview invite from case last week, june 17 :love: :D
i got my secondary from marquette today.

wow. are you serious?

god i wish the schools were acting that fast last year when i was applying. thats really awesome. congratulations to your b/f and you.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Musketeer said:
Case starts interviewing around mid-July - end-July (as they don't have secondaries to fill out). Since you are a fairly competitive applicant, you should hear from ad coms about 2 weeks after they send you application for evaulation.

Do you know why Case interview people early ? I think I know, but I want to hear your first.

hey, i'd like to know, plz let us know!

got an email from IUSD saying my acceptance is not final until they get my transcript showing that i took anatomy last semester.
now, i took it and got A+ in both lec and lab. i also paid/requested for a transcript when i was in CA. i have been trying to get a hold of the school but their phone number has been busy two days straight.
just when all looks ok, there comes something else. can't wait for this whole frustrations to be over.

A+ in anatomy?? Thats decent!

ok, just thought i share this with you guys.

up until 2 days ago, there were 96 people in my class roster. today, all of a sudden it went to 100. that means 4 people were accepted this week.
whats cool about is that my school starts in 2 weeks. what i am actually trying to say i guess is that things may come to you really really late in the cycle and it also shows that miracles are possible. LOL

omaralt said:
hey, i'd like to know, plz let us know!

Weather in Cleveland is suck from Nov to july (snow, rain, wet, sad ... you name it). Case tries its best to interview people from August till Oct with Cleveland's best and most beautiful weather and landscapes.

Any interviews people?

biogirl got one at case. her b/f got the marquette (must be a resident there).

nah, i didn't get my case one yet, my b/f got the case interview a couple weeks ago. marquette doesn't do interviews regardless of in state or out of state, they just have a secondary which we received a few days ago.

Edited: i guess the official statement on marquette's website is that "Applicants may be invited for a personal interview, but as a general rule, interviews are not part of the normal admissions process." (http://www.dental.mu.edu/Admissions/info_admissions.htm). i guess that might mean that only in stater's have to do interviews... not sure, i have had the impression that basically nobody had to...

If Case offered an interview to BioGirls's bf, he must have been the 1st person's application to be reviewed, or he had some killer stats Case couldn't skip. In any "CASE!", next week will be July, and Case will have my application 3 weeks to review by then.

Let's wait and see.

P.S. Just watched Fahrenheit 9/11 - it was awesome.

:thumbup: :thumbup:, way UP!

Good for him.

Case's tuition have gone up a lot, its about ~$50K for tuition and extras without living this year, so probably $65-70K including living. That's really hitting the boiling point for a midwest school.

Received an interview letter from CASE today, I am required to schedule it by phone (hopefully this Monday). It has been 4 weeks since I submitted my application to CASE.

got my case interview invite today also :thumbup:

Does case have a special application or do you do it through AADSAS?
Seems really early to be getting interviews already.

dentalkid,
you apply to case through aadsas.

Biogirl361 said:
dentalkid,
you apply to case through aadsas.
... or through their in-house application (which is only open for CASE students).

congrats to both Mo007 and BioGirl. good start for both of you guys. now start doing your homeworks and read the school's website to make sure what the school/curriculum is all about.

btw, there is also an interview feedback section on sdn. make sure you guys check it out. here is the link. this link can be easily accessed from the "links of interest".

http://www.studentdoctor.net/interv...erview_read.asp

Thanks PERFECT

One interview scheduled, 5 to go (OSU, Tufts, Nova, UMich and UofL). They should be coming through sometime between now and September at the latest.

Play Ball!

P.S. Biogirl: have you heard anything from UMich?

Mo007,
i forgot but are your stats on SDN? i am just curious. i am sure you'll do ok with OSU, Tufts, and Nova.
good luck buddy

Here is my stats PERFECT:

GPA: 3.5 Sci: 3.4
DAT: 17-18-17 (AA-TS-PAT) - got 19's in Org and GChem. The schools I am applying to have more or less have those DAT averages (ranging from 17's to 19's - none in the 20's), I think my GPA will be a strong factor.

My last cycles stats were: GPA: 3.2, Sci: 3.1 - so a major improvement here. Plus, I dont know if it will help me or not, but I fall under minority student.

All the schools I spoke to told me I should be fine, as long as I avoid the heavy traffic after August. I am a resident of Ohio, so OSU should be fine, the rest of the schools are Private, except UMich - which has a very good retention of Minorty Students.

good job on that GPA improvement. i have known you for a while now and wish you the best. although, with that gpa i am not sure if you'll need any luck. you'll be fine my friend.

PERFECT thanks for the back-up.

I remember your ordeal from the last cycle - especially how UISD placed you in their wish-list for sometime.

It's a thrill to apply, and joy to be accepted.

Mo007 said:
P.S. Biogirl: have you heard anything from UMich?

nothing from umich, i went through the "2004- what do you receive today" thread and estimate that people last year didn't start hearing from them until around september.

is UMich more expensive than CASE? - anyone know out-state tuition at UMich?

Which one would you prefer if you guys were down to these 2 schools, CASE and UMich? - and why?

Ann Arbor is a fun college city, but CASE D-school has better facilities than UMich.

Biogirl361 said:
nothing from umich, i went through the "2004- what do you receive today" thread and estimate that people last year didn't start hearing from them until around september.

thats why i like threads like these. not only that you help eachother out in this cycle, but you also help the future applicants.

Scheduled an interview with CASE in early August, have 50 days to prepare for it.

Case Western Reserve University
6/28/04-Confirmation AADSAS has been received, Admissions Handbook, and Dental Viewbook

155 days until December 1st! (As of 6/28/04)

Boy, it sure does feel good to post in this thread. I remember when I looked at the 2004-What did you receive today thread and wishing that was me. The process is finally starting!

Congrats Ed my man, good to see your finially getting somewhere with the application process. Keep it up!

Thanks JRogoff. Oh just so you guys know, my name is not Ed. The edk in edkNARF stands for my initials:)

edkNARF said:
Thanks JRogoff. Oh just so you guys know, my name is not Ed. The edk in edkNARF stands for my initials:)

I kinda figured that, just didn't feel like typing out your whole name. People around here call me J, and thats not my name. Anwyays, keep the good work up and those acceptances will be in your mailbox before you know it!

Received interview invite for Case today. Scheduled for August 18!

Received request for application fee from Kentucky.

Received letter from UOP saying that applications could be checked via the web in October.

CASE always has an early interview cycle and they also interview a lot of students. I believe they interview 3 days a week starting from mid/late-July. Last year I've got my interview letter in mid-September and when I called, they said they were fully booked until mid-December. CASE also starts their alternative list interviews in late January-early February.

DentalKid83 said:
Does case have a special application or do you do it through AADSAS?
Seems really early to be getting interviews already.

I have confirmation from schools that they have my AADSAS, but I have not received anything from AADSAS yet. How long did it take you guys to get confirmation from AADSAS?