2006 Hongkong license exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice_maiden34567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Anybody appearing for the HK licensing exam? I am sitting for it this year----so just wondering.
ice

Members don't see this ad.

i am also interest in HKMLE. as far as i know, it's not very difficult for a native speaker.

hello,
the standard is pretty high as far as i know----esp the theory. moreover, the pass percentage is low too! So are u planning to take it this sept?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, are there any info avaliable regarding the exam? (Format etc.) Also Can take it anytime as long as I graduate from one of the recognised medical schools? Like even if I do my house officer overseas, can I take it in the summer holidays?

hi all .....

anybody in Hong Kong at the moment and sitting for the exam in September..
as for me , i am in Hong Kong now.

why cant we meet adn see what can be done.....???

please mail me at [email protected]

[email protected]

thnaks

hi there. I also applied for sitting in the exams this sept. I am a foregin graduate too. U guys wanna meet up and discuss how we will hurdle the exam? :)

Well so that makes 3 of us appearing this sept. Guess at an average 100 to 110 appear for the exam.So have u started prep? Are u in hk now?

Hi, its hard to find a forum to get somehthing about this examination. I am thinking about to take it next year, too

hi tina n icemaiden

what u studying now ???

Hi,
I will start working on it,only after June 15.Have u started?

Hello,

I'm currently a med3 undergraduate in China and I'm planning to sit this LMCHK few years later.
So far as i know this exam is some sort a combination of MRCP, MRCS and MRCOG, the style and format are close to the med exams in Britain.

Briefly, the exam is divided into 3 parts,

of the first part is the MCQs, subdivied into 2 papers, each paper contain 120 MCQs; 3.5hrs
the 2nd part is the English Language testing, it's reading comphrension and medical articles, both in MCQ and short questions format. 3hrs
the 3rd part is the clinical exam, there'll be short and long cases. For the short cases, you'll have 20 mins for preparation, and 60mins preparation for long cases.

But unfortunately there is very few resources for this exam.

Thanks mike, you have mention the three main exam of UK, how about the MRCPCH? it is really quite hard to perpare for 4 main subject indetail at one time. Beside this I want to know whether the exam include the basic medical jubject such as anatomy...or not?

It would be helpful if we could form a group to study together and share the experience together. As chinese proverb goes, 3 head>1head

Hey Mike,
Thanks a bunch for the info.And basic sciences are included too! :(
All the best for your studies. :) ice

Hey guys, i've been reading your posts and found them raising quite a few interesting questions..

have y'all gotten your foreign degrees in medicine?

for example TinaMD, do you have a US MD degree now?
I'm torn between deciding whether I should go ahead and apply to US med schools or just go back home to HK for med schools, as I'm an undergrad now, I feel that I'd end up much older than the people in the class and I don't know how much it'd worth it.

But then, say if I get an MD degree in the US, how hard is it to get an residency in HK? Or, if I come back after my US residency, how does that work? And also, like you guys preparing for the liscensing exam, how hard do you think the exam is?

Yea.. it's quite a few questions.. but I hope to hear any of your comments. Many many thanks!

ice_maiden34567 said:
Hello,
Anybody appearing for the HK licensing exam? I am sitting for it this year----so just wondering.
ice
Hi,
yeah i am planning to take this sept. but u guys saying it is so tough.is it really tougher than USMLE exams!i don't think so.can anyone tell me how much times a year HKLME is held and what are the fees?

Hi all!

I've just joined this forum.. and Im totally confused.
Can someone brief me on how an IMG can enter into HK medical system?

Thanks so much.

j-med said:
Hey guys, i've been reading your posts and found them raising quite a few interesting questions..

have y'all gotten your foreign degrees in medicine?

for example TinaMD, do you have a US MD degree now?
I'm torn between deciding whether I should go ahead and apply to US med schools or just go back home to HK for med schools, as I'm an undergrad now, I feel that I'd end up much older than the people in the class and I don't know how much it'd worth it.

But then, say if I get an MD degree in the US, how hard is it to get an residency in HK? Or, if I come back after my US residency, how does that work? And also, like you guys preparing for the liscensing exam, how hard do you think the exam is?

Yea.. it's quite a few questions.. but I hope to hear any of your comments. Many many thanks!

bumpity bump

To be able for an IMG to practice medicine in HK,
you will first have to pass the Licentiate of Medical Council of Hong Kong (LMCHK) , which is the HK licencing exam.

After that your overseas qualification will be registered with the Medical Council of Hong Kong.

Except if you wish to enter the medical research field / lab works other than md.

Hello everyone:

Where do you get cheap medical textbooks in HK? I will be back in HK in a few weeks time. I've been buying textbooks from Swindon, but I think it is quite expensive. How about China? Anyplace that is cheap/reliable in shezhen? :) :)

Hi all,

My name is Albert, I'm a resident working in Australia atm, I'm studying to sit the HKMLE this year!! If any of you have any advice or tips for the exam it would be much appreciated!! Thanks to all in advance.

hi everyone,
my name is Kelvin i am a year3 medical student in China (learning in english) and want to know more about how to prepare for LMCHK
i saw that many of you were preparing for it last SEP
can anyone share some of your experience with me, please?