2006 SRMC 1st Year MBBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heaven11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked around and couldn't find a thread for NRI students attending Sri Ramachandra Medical College (SRMC) for the first year MBBS. I was wondering if we could make this thread an area for student introductions as well as discussions concerning SRMC 1st year MBBS (Classes start July 12, 2006).

I guess i'll go first:

I've been reading these forums for a while, but didn't think of posting until I got into SRMC and basically 1 day away from the first day of classes!

I wanted to join SRMC after a sub-par undergraduate experience in a rather prestigious university in the United States. Now I know a lof of people read these forums, and sometimes revealing too much about yourself might be a bad thing, so i'll keep some details private.

I'm from Indiana, and excited to begin college here in Chennai (Madras). I guess i'll say more when we have a couple more posts :)

Members don't see this ad.

haha welcome to SRMC... i am assuming you guys are on the second floor.. my name is vivek, i am second year MBBS.. you can catch me on the first floor room #728

what u didnt response truth about SRMC thread?

hey i just got into srmc for the summer 07' school year. I'm from the states, is there anything i should know to start preparing myself for this whole thing?

also, do you guys kno when school starts for me? like what date exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to know about SRMC, do a search on this forum, and you will find TONS of threads. Especially look at the Truth about SRMC thread.

Anyone who is thinking about going to SRMC, and going to India for med school, I would strong discourage you. I have been in your shoes. Believe me when I say, go to the carbi, or Europe, anything else, but dont go to SRMC if you can help it.

i prefer bangalore over madras. to get away go to goa often. also take ur step 1 after II mbbs. and do your last year of internship in the US. if not, atleast do some externships BEFORE you get your final degree as u have more oppprtunities as a student rather than a grad. i would have suggested the carribean or europe instead of india. however u can make the best of it. have fun but get ur work done. also i you want to do something other than IM, psych or family med make sure u score high on the usmles. in fact try and study as much as u can from the usmle books. of course u need to us the indian textbooks for the exams there but if u can use the usmle books it would be better. ur scores in india i believe wont count for much. it is ur usmle scores that r important. so an early focus on those exams will be good. if u pass everything on time it would be ok.

thanks, did you graduate from an indian med school. i would like to chat with someone in srmc. should be knowing pretty soon about the admission staus

If you want to know about SRMC, do a search on this forum, and you will find TONS of threads. Especially look at the Truth about SRMC thread.

Anyone who is thinking about going to SRMC, and going to India for med school, I would strong discourage you. I have been in your shoes. Believe me when I say, go to the carbi, or Europe, anything else, but dont go to SRMC if you can help it.

i concur. if you havent paid the tuition it would be easier to change course.

I am a graduate of SRMC.
Having done my medicine from there, I can whole heartly say to think twice about it.

Please understand, I am not saying anything about IMG's or Indian education. Just that, there are easier ways to do medicine than go to India and especially SRMC. If you have any questions, PM me.

i am sure some indian med schools r excellent. however the sad fact is that u can come from AIMS and still someone from the worst med school in the us or even a DO school or even the best carribean med school would do better in tha match even with lower scores. of course there r exceptions but this is how it is.

well doin med in india is both tiresome n sometimes not worth!tht is a truth!

u might think,i m a doctor myself n having completed my studies in a private institute i must warn u tht unless u have a secure future n u r decisions evoke something good in future do go ahead!

but think twice before leaping into the sea of unending uncertainties!

best of luck dear!:)

Ajay or someone doing or that has done med school at SRMC pls private message PM me on this website?
I live in Illinois and am considering going to SRMC in 2008.
Kris

Hi,
So I was going through some of the posts about SRMC, and all them seem to be very old. I am currently a junior coming senior in the U.S.A. I was wondering about the admissions, I really want to study in SRMC, and I am willing to pay a donation for it. I was wondering, those of you who payed the donation, how much time ahead should you pay the donation. Also I am an A/B student, do u think i would survive at SRMC?? How are the teachers now as of in 2010-2011.

There is nothing called bad medical school in the US. You have to read and understand thoroughly and check out asking zillions of blogs of students who are attending any 130 medical schools in the US or about to join or preparing to attend how difficult it is to even qualify. There's no proxy exams like many countries where one can even get proxy for USMLE step 1 by paying $10K.

US medical school graduate from any US medical school is by far gone through the most toughest qualifications and assessment to become doctor.