2007 DAT..freaking out...exam on friday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental140

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the 2007 DAT and i scored a 17 in Bio....I scored a 23,21,23,25,24 on DAT Bootcamp Bio so I don't know what this means???...I know I shouldn't let the score get to me and just keep studying but I am freaking out :(( I can't postpone any longer...I've literally postponed this exam for an entire year, and finally buckled down and studied this entire summer and I was feeling pretty confident until right now. I feel so discouraged :( Did anyone have a similar experience with DAT BC scores vs 2007 DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. The most important thing for you to do is learn from your mistakes. I can't stress that enough! Also, the 2007 has a bunch of errors in it so I don't think it would be too great of an accurate score indicator. I know of at least 3-4 bio questions that had errors in them or had the wrong correct answer indicated....I know, its pretty frustrating but hey, we all had to go through it. Just go back to the questions you got wrong, and figure out what you did wrong! or rather, what is wrong with the question and just move on! Your time is better spent targeting other things than fretting over the 2007!!

Also, I know bootcamp is a much more accurate score representation of the real dat.

if it helps you feel better, i got 19 bio on 2007 and then ended up with 22 on real dat!

Don't worry about it. The most important thing for you to do is learn from your mistakes. I can't stress that enough! Also, the 2007 has a bunch of errors in it so I don't think it would be too great of an accurate score indicator. I know of at least 3-4 bio questions that had errors in them or had the wrong correct answer indicated....I know, its pretty frustrating but hey, we all had to go through it. Just go back to the questions you got wrong, and figure out what you did wrong! or rather, what is wrong with the question and just move on! Your time is better spent targeting other things than fretting over the 2007!!

Also, I know bootcamp is a much more accurate score representation of the real dat.

if it helps you feel better, i got 19 bio on 2007 and then ended up with 22 on real dat!
Thank you so much for your encouragement!!!! I really needed this! Congrats on your DAT! I just read your DAT breakdown and I am also the biggest worrier! I have postponed (like actually paid the fee) twice already and I really don't think I would be able to study any longer than the rest of this week without going crazy so I am crossing my fingers it works out in my favor on Friday and I don't have to go through this again!

Thank you so much for your encouragement!!!! I really needed this! Congrats on your DAT! I just read your DAT breakdown and I am also the biggest worrier! I have postponed (like actually paid the fee) twice already and I really don't think I would be able to study any longer than the rest of this week without going crazy so I am crossing my fingers it works out in my favor on Friday and I don't have to go through this again!
don't worry about it. i postponed mine 3 times and paid a total of like $200. haha you'll be fine! your bootcamp scores look good. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Remember to take the 2009 ADA online test too because that is generally the best "predictor" of your score. Even so take all these tests with a grain of salt, and just learn from your mistakes and UNDERSTAND why they were wrong or right. Keep your head up and be confident for test and day and you'll be money. Good Luck!

I read a breakdown the other day that someone scored pretty low on the DAT 2007 version and they were freaking out but after taking the 2015 version and scored much higher! I wouldn't freak out. I think you WILL be fine!

Remember to take the 2009 ADA online test too because that is generally the best "predictor" of your score. Even so take all these tests with a grain of salt, and just learn from your mistakes and UNDERSTAND why they were wrong or right. Keep your head up and be confident for test and day and you'll be money. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice! I did much better on the 2009 so it definitely made me feel better but I'm just going to keep reviewing until test time!

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice! I did much better on the 2009 so it definitely made me feel better but I'm just going to keep reviewing until test time!

Your 07 vs 09 scores proves a very important fact. There is a lot of luck that comes into play when taking the dat. One day/test you could score a 24 vs the very next day/different test and score a 19.

Just be confident and go for it.

Your 07 vs 09 scores proves a very important fact. There is a lot of luck that comes into play when taking the dat. One day/test you could score a 24 vs the very next day/different test and score a 19.

Just be confident and go for it.
Yea guess the point of studying is to try to limit it as much as possible