2007 UIC IDDP students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starrynight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone! i know that the semester has just started, but ..do you like it? how are things going on?...are you satisfied with this program? i am applying this year and i would live some advice from you guys... some things that you would have liked to know before....by the way, godbless thanks for your input from last year...it is really helpful
thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

what u mind telling me what uic stands for

UIC = University of Illinois at Chicago

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
can anyone give me information about uic college of dentistry please!
i mean any unique thing which makes the college stand out from other dental colleges. input regarding faculty ,curriculum, infrastructure or any special thing about the dental college.
i would really appreciate this. thanks

hi everyone! i know that the semester has just started, but ..do you like it? how are things going on?...are you satisfied with this program? i am applying this year and i would live some advice from you guys... some things that you would have liked to know before....by the way, godbless thanks for your input from last year...it is really helpful
thanks a lot

can u tell me what is the avg score for getting addmission.

can you please tell me that we can apply to uic as I read on their site they accept citizens only. Please make it clear to me.
Thanks

thanks a lot

In order to be eligible to apply for admission, applicants must meet the following criteria:

- Possess documentation of one of the following residency statuses: US citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Applicants on visa status will NOT be considered for this program.

- Have a dental degree from a country outside the United States and Canada.

Source

Hi, I am planning on coming to UIC for my post bds studies. I wanted to know what would you(UIC IDP students) what is the average NBDE Part 1 score required to get accepted into the IDP program?

Also even though Part two is not required to get accepted into the IDP program, how much does it help your application?

And what is the biggest factor for getting accepted into UIC's IDP program? US experience? NBDE part one score? part two cleared?

and what was your part one score, of those accepted?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank You:)

hello wasanbaloch,
i am not one of those accepted, but i know 2 that passed this program...both of them had nbde1 scores in the low 80', passed nbde2 with the min.score, but they had a lot of experience working in an office as DAs...so i guess the experience counts a lot...nbde2 counts too...
best of luck:)

ps would be great if some of those accepted share some of their knowledge:thumbup:

Thanks Starrynight!

How would you rate the competition level to get into UIC's IDP compared other International programs at other universities?

hi wasanbaloch!
sorry, i don't have all the data neccesary for such a rating; all i can say is that because they ask GC or citizenship, they reduce their application pool;

I see that many pregnent ones and moms are trying to apply to UIC. I started at UIC this year and in my class there are 24 students. 19 girls and 5 boys. Out of us 19 girls most are married. Few of us have kids. one have a 1 month old, another 1.5 years old, another has a 5 years old, another with 6 month old, a guy with a hardly one month old baby... the list goes on. I see that they all manage well. so why can't you? And they all got admission. so i think motherhood is not a disadvantage atleast in UIC.It may n't be that easy but i see them managing well with day care centers nearby and studying well. so go ahead and apply. do your best and leave the rest. good luck to all.

the average score in our class for NBDE part 1 is 87. Having part 2 is not mandatory but is an advantage. 1/3rd of us have passed part 2.

hello wisedent!

thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it:) it's an encouragement to hear that it can be done by someone in this program:thumbup:
so, how is it going for you UIC? is it what you expected?

thanks starrynight for your input but i just wanted something unique may be wisedent can throw some light on to that .

hi wisedent ,can you please give me some other relevant details about uic since in there application they mention why uic? that is the most difficult question to handle ,what is so unique about the college can you throw some light on web based learning program,and other stuff .i also need some help regarding personal statement like the initial inspiration towards dentistry i know it sounds dumb but i am confused.actually i need the input urgently and your help,would be highly appreciated.
thank you:confused:

hello wisedent!

thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it:) it's an encouragement to hear that it can be done by someone in this program:thumbup:
so, how is it going for you UIC? is it what you expected?

going good sofar. i like the program and i am happy that i got in.once you start the program,time goes very fast.

that's great to hear! thanks and best of luck:thumbup:

thanks ,wisedent for your input,i really appreciate it.is it possible if i could get your e mail id.

can anyone tell me please that those candidates who get accepted at uic ,did all of them tour the college before in other words does touring the college have a significant impact on the selection process .any urgent suggessions would be highly appreciated.

Hi all,
I am new to this thread.I just applied to UIC.I am worried because of my not so great stats.NBDE-89,GPA-2.8,TOEFL-100.Can anyone please tell me what are my chances of getting in.I have 1yr exp as DA.
Thanks.:(