2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
modelslashactor said:
for the Pitt people:

what days do they interview? any dates in august perchance? or on weekends?

The first interview date I saw available was September 11th (9/11?...not touching that one!). The only days of the week available were Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Can someone else back me up on this?

Members don't see this ad.

danjo said:
The first interview date I saw available was September 11th (9/11?...not touching that one!). The only days of the week available were Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Can someone else back me up on this?
Yeah that sounds right. I picked the 15th so I could then go to my OSU one on the 18th after staying at my grandma's for the weekend. Yay relatives who live close to med schools!

danjo said:

Correct, MTWF starting Sept 11, which is before classes start for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:
Thank you for sharing. :clap:
Congratulations on your interviews. I'm sure you'll be incredibly successful this cycle. :luck:

Thanks for the support guys. And yes it is Howard, not Harvard. :)

Gabujabu said:
Correct, MTWF starting Sept 11, which is before classes start for me.

Holy crap! Where do you go to school?!

danjo said:
:clap: congrats on pitt!! :)

Congratulations to all the people who have received interview invites. Just wondering, if you guys get an acceptance early in the cyle, would you continue to pursue other schools to see what your options are or would you stop?

danjo said:

actually the first date I saw available was 9/6/06 (and yes I took that one). Day before my 21st birthday :) Good luck kids

joanofarc0907 said:
actually the first date I saw available was 9/6/06 (and yes I took that one). Day before my 21st birthday :) Good luck kids

Hmm, perhaps the first week of interviews were already scheduled before I selected a date (As of 7/24, though, the earliest was 9/11).

Gabujabu said:
Hmm, perhaps the first week of interviews were already scheduled before I selected a date (As of 7/24, though, the earliest was 9/11).

I selected my date the 19th, so maybe all those first ones got filled up fast. Good luck anyways, I'm sure a week doesn't matter.

joanofarc0907 said:

I figured if there were earlier slots, they had already been taken. That's why I was asking for some backup on the dates. Thanks! :thumbup:

narc said:
Honestly I think the person with the GW invite is full of $hit but thats just me.

I am at work right now, and a girl I work with just received an interview at GW (I work in DC) So its not bull$hit I suppose

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a GW interview! Sent by email today around noon. SWEET!

Stats: 30Q, 3.95 gpa
Tons and tons of EC's, both medical and non-medical

Hey guys, congrats on GW interviews! Were your LORs in already? Thanks.

booswim542 said:
I got a GW interview! Sent by email today around noon. SWEET!

Stats: 30Q, 3.95 gpa
Tons and tons of EC's, both medical and non-medical

Congrats and good luck!

TIGIBedHead said:
Hey guys, congrats on GW interviews! Were your LORs in already? Thanks.

Yes, my letters were in last Tuesday. My application was listed as complete last Wednesday.

Congratulations, you guys. :clap: Again, thanks for sharing info on stats and notification! :)

To the people who have UChicago interviews: was your file complete (with letters of recommendation)? Thanks!

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25).
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

I'm already in love with Pittsburgh. I'm so happy.

Erina said:
Yeah that sounds right. I picked the 15th so I could then go to my OSU one on the 18th after staying at my grandma's for the weekend. Yay relatives who live close to med schools!

The first day is actually the 6th- they only have the 6th & 8th that week, then begin the MTWF cycle the week after that.

Aurora013 said:
The first day is actually the 6th- they only have the 6th & 8th that week, then begin the MTWF cycle the week after that.

I'm going to Pitt on the 6th too! SDN people should develop a secret handshake or wink so we can all meet one another.

oh noooo sorry to hear that music.. that sucks, is this presecondary?

-----
-----
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25).
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status)
-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

Sorry musiclink! OMG those status check emails can be rejections. :scared:

Robizzle said:
oh noooo sorry to hear that music.. that sucks, is this presecondary?

Yea, presecondary. At least they saved me the trouble of giving them $100 check only to reject me afterwards.

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542 (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

forgot to add to GW :love:

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542 (email)
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, Gabujabu

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Status check emails as rejections? Damn, so we can't automatically get excited seeing them now. :( Sorry for the bad news.

kiwibasket said:
I'm going to Pitt on the 6th too! SDN people should develop a secret handshake or wink so we can all meet one another.

I'm up for that. Not that I'm shy around new people, but it'd be nice to know somebody to talk with during the day.

I am extremely jealous about GW Booswim! mannnn once the SUNY invites start rollin aruond i'm gonna be FREAKIN OUT.

I'm jealous about those Michigan invites though...I grew up/my family still lives about 10 minutes away. I've been away from home for 3 years at college, and I'd like to go back to that area. Keeping my fingers crossed!

But don't get me wrong...I am still beyond excited to get an interview at all. I could hardly breathe when I got the email yesterday!

Robizzle said:
I am extremely jealous about GW Booswim! mannnn once the SUNY invites start rollin aruond i'm gonna be FREAKIN OUT.

you and me both. Ubnless of course we are the ones to post the interviews....

I am all ready hopefully checking my Michigan status page on the hour. Pleeeease interview me Ann Arbor!

Does it seem to you guys that Michigan is really hot on the MCAT scores? I feel like they are jumping to give people with high scores interviews right away.

I have had my file complete since the 18th and I have yet to hear anything...maybe cuz I don't have a 37 MCAT. Wheras people who got secondaries just last week with high scores have already gotten interviews.

EDIT: I just realized how impatient I am....the 18th was like a week ago. Take this post with a grain of salt. :D

Robizzle said:

Robert. Darling. Like you aren't freaking out right now. :) That will just be Def-con 5 or whatever. :D I know, the pot calling the kettle... :laugh:

EDIT: I have decided that THIS is the official IMAGE of this thread:
crappedmypants.jpg

booswim542 said:
Does it seem to you guys that Michigan is really hot on the MCAT scores? I feel like they are jumping to give people with high scores interviews right away.

I have had my file complete since the 18th and I have yet to hear anything...maybe cuz I don't have a 37 MCAT. Wheras people who got secondaries just last week with high scores have already gotten interviews.

EDIT: I just realized how impatient I am....the 18th was like a week ago. Take this post with a grain of salt. :D

Eh, I have a 37 and still no interview. I am still hopefull for one. It's really early. :luck:

i think everyone with a mich int at this point got the invite automatically. The cutoff is something like 36 and 3.85 for OOS. So, you are right, they do go for the big mcats.

modelslashactor said:
i think everyone with a mich int at this point got the invite automatically. The cutoff is something like 36 and 3.85 for OOS. So, you are right, they do go for the big mcats.

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me. Who does Mich think they are, anyway? Good thing I didn't apply there. They would have been using my app to blot their pizza.

Wow. Congrats to everyone who's already gotten an interview!!!

-----
-----
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc (email 7/25)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

UTSA!!! August 14. So excited for a second TX interview :D

WannaDoc, Congrats! Can you hit EDIT and add a [ to the VERY beginning of your post for me please? That will fix the color tag. :hardy:

modelslashactor said:

The Associate Dean of Admissions for Mich was on a chat for Accepted.com (transcipt is posted I think) just recently (and also last year) and he indicated that the Auto-invite numbers changed a little from year to year but were usually something like: In state 3.6 and 34; OOS 3.8 and 36. So that seems fairly consistent with what has been posted so far. He also explained that the vast majority of their interviews and acceptances come from those that did not get these auto-invites. It just means that someone will look through the file before deciding re an interview so it will take a little longer is all. Keep the faith :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me. Who does Mich think they are, anyway? Good thing I didn't apply there. They would have been using my app to blot their pizza.

Actually, they would just add pepperoni and eat your application. :D Yum!

-----
-----
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

University of Nebraska

-----
-----
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU, Erina
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

I got one!!!! I love UTHSCSA!!!
I think the Nebraska guy's list is missing some names, so I replied to this one... either way, we've gotten a little screwed up here.
Edit: crikey, I got my second within five minutes!

-----
-----
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:[/QUOTE]

:clap: PEMBERLEY! WOOOOOO!! :hardy:

Better take your head out of that fusion reactor, girl! You go! We love you long time!!

kiwibasket said:

I'm down. Its nice to know other SDNers will be there with me

Status
Not open for further replies.