C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
2,107
3
Status
YES, I get to start it!!!!! My dreams have come true! Oh, well, that's one less 2ndary to fill out :rolleyes:

Wake Forest: C.P. Jones (7/20;pre-secondary)
 

R.P. McMurphy

Guest
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,958
1
Status
Pre-Medical
great, another depressing thread :(
 
About the Ads

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
1,589
2
35
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Wake Forest is always the first. I didn't even bother applying this year.
 

strawberryfield

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2005
999
9
Status
Attending Physician
C.P. Jones said:
pssshhhhh, it doesn't even say wall of shame

but at least it's good to know it's just the way wake forest works....like a bunch of jerks
you're too good for them anyways... :D :love:
 

Siggy

15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2004
3,613
1,463
34
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
rejection letter said:
Dear Siggy [edited from real name]:
Our Committee on Admissions has carefully considered your application to The Wake Forest
University School of Medicine. Since we realize that fixed selection criteria can eliminate an
otherwise qualified applicant, your application was individually reviewed and evaluated. Because
of the competitive qualifications of our applicants, we sincerely regret that we will be unable to
accept your application this year.
Sincerely,
Lewis H. Nelson III, M.D.
Associate Dean for Medical Student Admissions
Of course they had to do it in a PDF. Apparently just putting it in the email would have been too easy.

Mods, can we get a merger?
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,817
4
TX
Status
Attending Physician
ChymeChancellor said:
Why does it say in you signature that you slayed the MCAT beast? A 27 isn't exactly slaying the MCAT IMO.
Damn, Chyme. Way to be an @$$.
 

Carmenita79

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 10, 2006
211
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
jota_jota said:
Trashing someone you don't even know that wasn't bothering you is kind of being a dick, IMO.

.....although, I guess you could say the same about me and this post.
I tried to click to see if I won 10 million dollars but it didn't work :oops:
 

R.P. McMurphy

Guest
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,958
1
Status
Pre-Medical
ChymeChancellor said:
Why does it say in you signature that you slayed the MCAT beast? A 27 isn't exactly slaying the MCAT IMO.
Why do people ask stupid questions like that? Does it feel good to put people down? :confused:
 
About the Ads

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry, I have just seen that in the signature so many times. As I say, no harm no foul.
 

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
If this thread actually turns into an official thread everyone is going to think I'm a big jerk! :oops:
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,817
4
TX
Status
Attending Physician
ChymeChancellor said:
If this thread actually turns into an official thread everyone is going to think I'm a big jerk! :oops:
Edit your post or maybe mods can delete the posts so this stays more on topic.
 

coralfangs

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
1,080
0
Status
yo wtf? why did they reject u pre-secondary?! u have 3.73 gpa......
now im scared.......
 
OP
C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
2,107
3
Status
coralfangs said:
yo wtf? why did they reject u pre-secondary?! u have 3.73 gpa......
now im scared.......
idk, maybe they have a higher mcat cut off? maybe they have section mcat cutoffs, and then my PS wasn't good enough? or maybe it's just that wake forest is dumb

you have good scores for both, i think you'll get a secondary!
 

nager105

So it goes.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
104
1
36
Waltham, MA
Status
Pre-Medical
Wake Forest: C.P. Jones (7/20; pre-secondary) nager105 (7/20; pre-secondary)

Thanks Wake Forest, you made my day.
 

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
3,130
3
36
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
chaeymaey said:
Wake Forest is always the first. I didn't even bother applying this year.
Actually, I found the University of Nebraska had the quickest draw. Out of staters are definitely not welcome there. :laugh:

OP, as for Wake Forest, I wouldn't about it. If you aren't from NC, it seems that you need something pretty unique about your app to get a secondary from them.
 
About the Ads

LauraPaz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
126
0
35
St. Louis
laurapaz.livejournal.com
Status
Medical Student
nager105 said:
Wake Forest: C.P. Jones (7/20; pre-secondary) nager105 (7/20; pre-secondary)

Thanks Wake Forest, you made my day.
Wake Forest is totally random anyways. After not hearing from them for forever last year, I called to ask what was going on with interviews. The woman was like, "well, if you want to come interview, I suppose we could schedule you..." Can they even do that? She didn't even know my name, so clearly couldn't have checked my app. It was just weird. Basically I got a bad vibe from that whole experience, so don't fret too much. And it's still early, good luck to everyone!!
 

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
1,285
11
Status
Medical Student
Well i noticed only wake forest has been posted here so far....Thus I get to add my share of rejections... I was rejected pre-secondary from the following already: University of Hawaii, University of Miami, University of New Mexico. UofM requires a 3.6 for OOS applicants to get a secondary (waisted $30), and UNM automatically rejects OOS applicants that do not apply early decision (waisted $30)...should have paid more attention to these details before applying. Also I got through the Wake Forest screening but have yet to receive the secondary (it says so on their portal).
 

sfnix

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
79
0
35
BM, PA
Status
Pre-Medical
LauraPaz said:
Wake Forest is totally random anyways. After not hearing from them for forever last year, I called to ask what was going on with interviews. The woman was like, "well, if you want to come interview, I suppose we could schedule you..." Can they even do that? She didn't even know my name, so clearly couldn't have checked my app. It was just weird. Basically I got a bad vibe from that whole experience, so don't fret too much. And it's still early, good luck to everyone!!
sounds like the south. we're always afraid to tell people no to their face (or on the phone in your case) so we send letters to do our talking. in the south, we are ridiculously tactful, it's kinda wonderful.
 

LauraPaz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
126
0
35
St. Louis
laurapaz.livejournal.com
Status
Medical Student
sfnix said:
sounds like the south. we're always afraid to tell people no to their face (or on the phone in your case) so we send letters to do our talking. in the south, we are ridiculously tactful, it's kinda wonderful.
Eh, I can kind of see that, but I grew up down here, and I certainly had no problem telling Wake Forest I was tired of them at that point. The whole situation was really weird though. None of my other schools did anything like that...including my other southern school :rolleyes:
 

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
1,589
2
35
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Anastasis said:
Edit your post or maybe mods can delete the posts so this stays more on topic.
Damn, Chyme, why you gotta do me like that? And to think we both shared "Ch" in our screen names. If you must know, I came up w/ the sig back when I took the MCAT for the first time, not when I got my scores, cuz I was just glad it was over. The phrase kinda stuck and it was quoted in the MCAT forum. So I held onto it cuz of the cute phrases. But you have now motivated me to really slay the beast this August, so I can live up to my sig. Just stop drinking the haterade, k? Love u, Anastasis!
 

ND2005

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2005
1,076
1
Atlanta
Status
Pre-Medical
LauraPaz said:
Wake Forest is totally random anyways. After not hearing from them for forever last year, I called to ask what was going on with interviews. The woman was like, "well, if you want to come interview, I suppose we could schedule you..." Can they even do that? She didn't even know my name, so clearly couldn't have checked my app. It was just weird. Basically I got a bad vibe from that whole experience, so don't fret too much. And it's still early, good luck to everyone!!
Wake's kind of notorious for that. A lot of people here have theorized that it's a screening method for them -- if you don't take the initiative to call, they don't take any action on your app for a long time.
 

bretticus

NeuroIR fellow
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
751
2
Missouri
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
ND2005 said:
Wake's kind of notorious for that. A lot of people here have theorized that it's a screening method for them -- if you don't take the initiative to call, they don't take any action on your app for a long time.
Really? Wow that's weird... Guess if I get past the screen, I'll have to remember that. I kinda get the vibe that Wake is weird -- anything else I should know? Honestly, I just thought NC was a cool place to be.
 
B

bwbaker

Wake Forest: C.P. Jones (7/20; pre-secondary) nager105 (7/20; pre-secondary) bwbaker (7/20; pre-secondary)
 

Schaden Freud

MiSanthrope II
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
1,313
6
Status
Medical Student
Chyme just blurts out awkward things around pretty girls, nothing personal. ;)

chaeymaey said:
Damn, Chyme, why you gotta do me like that? And to think we both shared "Ch" in our screen names. If you must know, I came up w/ the sig back when I took the MCAT for the first time, not when I got my scores, cuz I was just glad it was over. The phrase kinda stuck and it was quoted in the MCAT forum. So I held onto it cuz of the cute phrases. But you have now motivated me to really slay the beast this August, so I can live up to my sig. Just stop drinking the haterade, k? Love u, Anastasis!
 

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
1,589
2
35
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Schaden Freud said:
Chyme just blurts out awkward things around pretty girls, nothing personal. ;)
Oh, Dr. Freud, I'm blushing. :oops:
 
About the Ads