2008 Amcas App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Straight Cali

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just wondering when AMCAS will be available for the 2008 cycle, I hear it's usually around early May. Also, how long would you say it typically takes for schools to send out transcripts to AMCAS?

Muchas Gracias.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone,
Just wondering when AMCAS will be available for the 2008 cycle, I hear it's usually around early May. Also, how long would you say it typically takes for schools to send out transcripts to AMCAS?

Muchas Gracias.

AMCAS usually goes up around May 1 and the first day you can submit it is June 1.

Speed of sending out transcripts depends on your school. I had to ask my school three times to send out my transcript before they finally got it right. First they lost my request, then they sent it to our public health school (random, I know!), then finally it went to AMCAS. Moral of the story: stay on top of your registrar's office.

AMCAS updates your app as soon as your transcript is received. If it's been more than a week since your school mailed out your transcript, I would start nagging AMCAS to see what's up (though be prepared to deal with long waits when on the phone!). In general, AMCAS is pretty efficient when it comes to transcripts.

Good luck with the application process!

Does that mean you can't send your transcript untill May 1st or June 1st?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does that mean you can't send your transcript untill May 1st or June 1st?

From what I remember, you can send your transcripts before May 1st, but I sent mine around May 1st, because I wanted to check to see if they had received them online (Since you won't have an account for the 2008 cycle before May 1st, it would be hard to check your status online). But you should probably call AMCAS and ask.

How is one able to send in their transcripts before May 1st anyway? Don't spring grades not come out till the end of May or beginning of June for nearly everyone?

Well my school's grades usually come out the first week of may... I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility for someone's spring grades to be up before that...