**2008 GPR/AEGD Match Results**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NileBDS

SDNator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Share the good news !

Name:
Where:
GPR/AEGD:
Dental School Attended:
NBDE Part I/II scores:
Class Ranking/GPA:
Match/Non-Match:
Research:
Extracurriculars:
Applied/Interviewed/Ranked:

Members don't see this ad.

Where: Montefiore Medical Center
GPR/AEGD: GPR
Dental School Attended: NYU
NBDE Part I/II scores: 87 / ?
Class Ranking/GPA: Top 10 %
Match/Non-Match: Match
Research: None

Name: Cambridge Health Alliance - HSDM
Where: Boston, MA
Dental School Attended: Pacific
Class Ranking/GPA: 4/22 (7/139) - 3.71
Extracurriculars: ASDA, ADEA, SCOPE (outreach)
Applied/Interviewed/Ranked: 6/4/2

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats - great job!

Congrats dude, now you just need to get yourself a regimental tie and a sailboat so you can fit in with the rest of the Hahvahd crowd.

Anyone going to Baylor AEGD? Not a match program but curious if anyone here is going?

Name:Steve W
Where:Long Island College Hospital
Dental School Attended: UPenn
NBDE Part I/II scores:This isn't a pissing contest
Class Ranking/GPA: (see above)
Match/Non-Match: Yes
Research:Tons
Extracurriculars: Tons

congrats to all that matched, can't wait to meet my co-res's and other GPRers in NY.

Congrats dude, now you just need to get yourself a regimental tie and a sailboat so you can fit in with the rest of the Hahvahd crowd.

Done and DONE. Thanks buddy ... I'm really looking forward to my move back east, except that I only get a 12 hour break (graduation party is June 15th, and my first day over there is June 16th) :smuggrin:

Where are all the other GPR/AEGD SDNers ? Just let us know where you're going ... no need to share all the details if you prefer not to ...

Done and DONE. Thanks buddy ... I'm really looking forward to my move back east, except that I only get a 12 hour break (graduation party is June 15th, and my first day over there is June 16th) :smuggrin:

If I get the dates I want for my externship this summer, I start and end on the days summer break starts and ends :eek:.

How are you going to move out there with a 12 hour window?!

If I get the dates I want for my externship this summer, I start and end on the days summer break starts and ends :eek:.

Woa ... externship already ? You are on the ball my friend. That's the way to go ...

How are you going to move out there with a 12 hour window?!

I'll probably move to Boston the week before graduation (since we don;t have finals last quarter), and just fly back to Cali for graduation week. It's a pretty classy event from what I hear, and I definitely would not like to miss it.

MATCH web site shows that you have been matched. Now, what's the next step? Will the program contact us or do we have to contact them?

Name:University of North Carolina
Where:Chapel Hill, NC
NBDE Part I/II scores: Does it matter now!
Class Ranking/GPA: Honestly, I didn't open my transcript, nor did I find out my class rank.
Match/Non-Match: Match (although I had a non-match offer as well).
Extracurriculars: Does having a baby during dental school count?

MATCH web site shows that you have been matched. Now, what's the next step? Will the program contact us or do we have to contact them?

About 2-3 hours after the Match results came out, I had an email from the program with next steps and the names of the other residents. If you haven't heard from them by now, you should probably initiate the contact (just for your peace of mind).

Name:University of North Carolina
Where:Chapel Hill, NC
NBDE Part I/II scores: Does it matter now!
Class Ranking/GPA: Honestly, I didn't open my transcript, nor did I find out my class rank.
Match/Non-Match: Match (although I had a non-match offer as well).
Extracurriculars: Does having a baby during dental school count?

Nice job. I interviewed there, and loved it ! They presented a very structured program, and seemed to keep the residents pretty happy. :thumbup: Congrats ...

Woa ... externship already ? You are on the ball my friend. That's the way to go ...

I'll probably move to Boston the week before graduation (since we don;t have finals last quarter), and just fly back to Cali for graduation week. It's a pretty classy event from what I hear, and I definitely would not like to miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Nice job. I interviewed there, and loved it ! They presented a very structured program, and seemed to keep the residents pretty happy. :thumbup: Congrats ...

Thanks... and to you too. I *think* we interviewed on the same day there. I'm just looking forward to not living in a shoebox, commuting 45 mins one-way, and not having to walk 15 mins to get to a washer and dryer. I know I say this, but I'll be craving NYC about a month after I get down there. The grass.. is always greener.......

Congratulations to all the others who matched, and good luck!

Yeah I know the withdrawal symptoms of New York once you leave the city...

I matched the Denver VA GPR. I can't wait to move back West. Anyone else on here going to be at one of the Denver residency programs next (academic) year?