2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, so chances aren't too bad
521/1300 isnt too encouraging but i guess ill take it. Im not going to worry at this poiint anyways going to enjoy holdiays and worry about med school come nxt year :)

Check this out!

I was complete in September for this school. I have been waiting all this time for an interview. Then I got an email today from them and I was so excited because I thought it was an invite. But then I read the title and it reads

"LETTERHEAD AND SIGNATURE MISSING - EINSTEIN"

Apparently one of my teachers forgot to sign his name in one of my LORs. What is really odd is that this is the first school to mention this. I have had 7 invites so far and none of them even mentioned this problem.

This truly BS. I am going to have to call my professor and tell him to rectify this mishap. But since it is almost thanksgiving I dont expect him to fix it until next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check this out!

I was complete in September for this school. I have been waiting all this time for an interview. Then I got an email today from them and I was so excited because I thought it was an invite. But then I read the title and it reads

"LETTERHEAD AND SIGNATURE MISSING - EINSTEIN"

Apparently one of my teachers forgot to sign his name in one of my LORs. What is really odd is that this is the first school to mention this. I have had 7 invites so far and none of them even mentioned this problem.

This truly BS. I am going to have to call my professor and tell him to rectify this mishap. But since it is almost thanksgiving I dont expect him to fix it until next month.

That must be so frustrating. I hate that they took three months to let you know of this.

521/1300 isnt too encouraging but i guess ill take it. Im not going to worry at this poiint anyways going to enjoy holdiays and worry about med school come nxt year :)

i approve of this attitude :thumbup: :p

Other than those people who had the quick interview offers (lucky bast***s :)) it looks like the lag time b/w complete and interview invite has been 6 or 7 weeks. Does that seem right to everyone?

In other words: come on AECOM!

I'm at about 2 months now. Complete email 9/21.

Other than those people who had the quick interview offers (lucky bast***s :)) it looks like the lag time b/w complete and interview invite has been 6 or 7 weeks. Does that seem right to everyone?

I was complete 10/6 and got my invite on the 11th, so 4 weeks was my lag.

Edit: Well, actually, I guess that's about five weeks.

Last edited:
Did they say when in January they would start getting back to the early interviewees?

i have a question. i submitted really late and i have received many secondaries from other medical schools but have yet to get one from einstein. I submitted before their deadline and have a 30 mcat and good e.c's and their website as well as MSAR say that all applicants get a secondary. Does anyone one know what happened with mine?

i have a question. i submitted really late and i have received many secondaries from other medical schools but have yet to get one from einstein. I submitted before their deadline and have a 30 mcat and good e.c's and their website as well as MSAR say that all applicants get a secondary. Does anyone one know what happened with mine?

Probably just the fact that you submitted really late. If you don't get it soon you can always call the office and ask about it.

Anyone have any more information on how orthodox Judaism affects the medical college? This answer from the FAQ:

"The food is kosher (plentiful and good) and the Library is closed from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday (except for the winter months when the Library is closed all day Saturday)."

This answer isn't thought out at all. Later on in the FAQ (in a different section) they tell you that you need proper documentation to live with your wife, and ten years ago they were sued when they denied housing to a same sex couple. Obviously they have a lot more weird rules than they think. Anyone have any input on this? I'd really rather not look horrible at the interview by asking this during Q&A, but if their rules are intrusive enough that would be enough for me to avoid the college.

I was complete 10/6 and got my invite on the 11th, so 4 weeks was my lag.

Edit: Well, actually, I guess that's about five weeks.

Hmm should I take this as a rejection: c: mid-Sept, no news yet. I would really like to finish my interview season sometime soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
The website says that Einstein occasionally asks for a second interview from a candidate who has already interviewed once in the same cycle. Has anyone heard of this actually happening and/or know what it means?

you can request a second interview if you feel as though ur first one didnt go too well, thats what the admissions officer said
i dont think einstein admission necessarily requests another one but you do

you can request a second interview if you feel as though ur first one didnt go too well, thats what the admissions officer said
i dont think einstein admission necessarily requests another one but you do

ive heard that in general, its frowned upon

the original interviewer will obviously know and it may affect your application

ive heard that in general, its frowned upon

the original interviewer will obviously know and it may affect your application

yeah i agree i think its more if you had a breakdown during ur interview/got asked inappopriate questions

Last edited:
for all those freaking out over interview invites...invite today--secondary complete August 4, but I had a second set of MCAT scores go out on Sept. 15

there is still hope!

Secondary Complete TODAY. Submitted September 16. Geez, that took forever!

Complete Email Today!!!! WOOOOOO! Don't give up hope folks! Anything is possible even this late in the game!

sigh

Submitted Oct 9, still waiting for this "complete" email :mad:

Anyone have any more information on how orthodox Judaism affects the medical college? This answer from the FAQ:

"The food is kosher (plentiful and good) and the Library is closed from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday (except for the winter months when the Library is closed all day Saturday)."

This answer isn't thought out at all. Later on in the FAQ (in a different section) they tell you that you need proper documentation to live with your wife, and ten years ago they were sued when they denied housing to a same sex couple. Obviously they have a lot more weird rules than they think. Anyone have any input on this? I'd really rather not look horrible at the interview by asking this during Q&A, but if their rules are intrusive enough that would be enough for me to avoid the college.

I highly doubt that documentation requirement has anything to do with religion. They just want to know for sure that you really are married so that they don't get anyone taking advantage of the obvious benefits of couples' housing.

As far as I know, those (kosher and library on Saturday) are the only things Jewish about the school. If there's anything intrusive, it has nothing to do with the religious affiliation, and is just a bureaucratic thing that is widespread among other schools as well.

After 3 months of silence they send me a short notice saying that one of my LOR's is missing an official letterhead and that they cannot proceed with my application unless it is corrected. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After 3 months of silence they send me a short notice saying that one of my LOR's is missing an official letterhead and that they cannot proceed with my application unless it is corrected. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That gotta suck.....

Got Complete Email Today!!!! WOOOOOO! :)

Also just got complete. Submitted Oct. 8th

Haha, love these 4 month wait to get complete emails.

For the people who got complete e-mails, are you referring to an e-mail stating that your secondary was complete, or that your entire application was complete? I got a complete e-mail for my secondary, but I haven't gotten anything after that, and I submitted in early October.

For the people who got complete e-mails, are you referring to an e-mail stating that your secondary was complete, or that your entire application was complete? I got a complete e-mail for my secondary, but I haven't gotten anything after that, and I submitted in early October.

They send you an email saying everything is complete. But that takes about 4 centuries, so don't freak out yet.

They send you an email saying everything is complete. But that takes about 4 centuries, so don't freak out yet.

...and even longer its seems to get back about interviews. *sigh*
Its been a while since anyone heard on this thread. I'm gonna go back and try to see what the lag time between complete emails and secondary invites has typically been.

Secondary Submitted = 8/5/09
Complete Email = 9/15/09
Interview Invite = 12/15/09
Interview = 2/5/10

3-4 month turnaround. Who knows what goes on in AdCom world...

Unfortunately, some of your letters of recommendation have not been submitted on offical letterhead, and may be missing a signature. 4 letter writers are missing signatures!!!

It only took 2 and half months for them to tell me! I am sure it is electronically signed. What do they expect people to do?

got a complete email sometime in september, but haven't heard anything from them since...Any have a clue whats goin on? I tried sending an email to check the status of my app, but no reply yet :confused:

Unfortunately, some of your letters of recommendation have not been submitted on offical letterhead, and may be missing a signature. 4 letter writers are missing signatures!!!

It only took 2 and half months for them to tell me! I am sure it is electronically signed. What do they expect people to do?

I got the same message after waiting for 3 months after I submitted my application. I was going to tell my teacher to send the letter again with a new signature, but then I realized if this school was unwilling to review my application because of a lousy signature then it was their loss since I have already been invited to 9 schools and none of them even mentioned this problem. Then a few weeks later I got an email from Albert Einstein COM stating my application is now indeed complete and that it will be reviewed soon.:laugh:

I thought about. I am confident that 4 of the 5 letter writers signed their letters. It doesn't make sense otherwise for these professionals to not to have signed them. Therefore, I conclude that the person who is going through these must think they have to have a handwritten signature instead of an electronic one.

I am going to ruin my chances if I sent this email?

Hi,
Thank you for your email regarding my letters or recommendation.

Could you please clarify what is missing? Did you want the letters to be notarized?

http://www.oft.state.ny.us/Policy/ESRA/esra.htm

Sincerely,

You guys are going about this all wrong. You shouldn't wait (that long anyways). I submitted the secondary and emailed within 2 weeks asking "Is my app complete or is there anything else you might need?" and they got back to me in a few days saying I was complete.

Oh and INTERVIEW INVITE today! Woo! Hopefully there are january spots open.

You guys are going about this all wrong. You shouldn't wait (that long anyways). I submitted the secondary and emailed within 2 weeks asking "Is my app complete or is there anything else you might need?" and they got back to me in a few days saying I was complete.

Oh and INTERVIEW INVITE today! Woo! Hopefully there are january spots open.

Congrats. When were you complete?

complete since 10/1, not a peep from this school. silent rejection?

Invited for interview today.

I had sent an in the area email 3 days ago, saying I would be in town on Jan 29th (Mount Sinai interview) and I wanted to interview the day before or the following Monday.

Then today I get an email "confirming my interview at Einstein on the 29th". Jeez, doesn't anybody read their emails thoroughly.

But still I am thrilled to get an interview. And I guess this means in the area emails work.

I had sent an in the area email 3 days ago, saying I would be in town on Jan 29th (Mount Sinai interview) and I wanted to interview the day before or the following Monday.

Then today I get an email "confirming my interview at Einstein on the 29th". Jeez, doesn't anybody read their emails thoroughly.

But still I am thrilled to get an interview. And I guess this means in the area emails work.

Dang it, why does my in-the-aread emails never work?

Update: They gave me Feb 12th (Friday) as my replacement date. Maybe Einstein only interviews on Fridays? Also, they seem to have filled their slots to the 3rd week of Feb now.

Is is it just me or does AECOM have the weirdest most backwards way of scheduling interviews?

mine is on feb 4th. I asked for afternoon, they gave me 9am. w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.