2009-2010 McGill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arina Sky

Accepted, Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite searching, I haven't been able to find a McGill thread for this year's application cycle...so I created this one.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is applying to McGill Med? I'm an international (US) applicant, so I don't know too much about how their process works, how fast it is, etc.

The deadline for international/special program applications has just past (Nov. 15) so if there are any other applicants out there, hopefully we can keep each other updated on the progress of our applications.

I know Canadian schools are a bit of a long shot for Americans, but according to the MSAR, they interviewed almost half of their international applicants last year (and there were only a little over 100), so I'm willing to take those odds. Plus tuition, even for internationals, is significantly cheaper than most US schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied to McGill, but haven't heard anything in a long time. We'll see what happens!

Applying to McGill also, but as a Quebec resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to McGill as an out-of province Canadian. There aren't many more spots for OOP candidates compared to internationals, so many of us here are in the same boat.

So, the deadline (Feb. 5) for notification about interviews is getting close...anyone heard anything yet?

Or do we think they're going to hold out until the last minute?

So, the deadline (Feb. 5) for notification about interviews is getting close...anyone heard anything yet?

Or do we think they're going to hold out until the last minute?

I got an invite 12/22 but subsequently withdrew. I'm sure there are more spaces. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.