2009 ABA part 1 vs 2009 ITE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultra Man

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
For those who took both the March 2009 ITE and the ABA part 1 exam in August a few days ago, do you think there were similarities between the test? Where the keywords feedback similar in content area to the test or was it totally different content. Where any questions repeated from the ITE? Was it advantegeous to take the test in March and then take the "REAL THING" in August ? I ask because you are the first group to do this and general feedback would be great for all future exam takers.

Thanks,

Ultra

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there,
For those who took both the March 2009 ITE and the ABA part 1 exam in August a few days ago, do you think there were similarities between the test? Where the keywords feedback similar in content area to the test or was it totally different content. Where any questions repeated from the ITE? Was it advantegeous to take the test in March and then take the REALTHING in August ? I ask because you are the first group to do this and general feedback would be great for all future exam takers.
We are in the struggle together.
Thanks,
Ultra

The tests were comparable. If anything, the real thing had more single-sentence, no-scenario, factoid-regurgitating 1st order questions than the ITE.

I took the ITE a total of 4 times, plus the AKTs, plus I did about 2000 of the 1990s ITE questions, plus another 1000 from Hall, plus about half of the questions out of the Barash review book by Connelly. I thought ALL of those questions were good preparation for the real thing. Connelly was maybe a bit too nitpicky and obscure.

There were a couple questions that I think were verbatim off old ITEs, and many, many more that tested the same things the same way. The body of knowledge isn't so large that they can create hundreds of wholly original questions each year. If you do a few thousand questions prior to the real thing, regardless of the setting, you'll be in familiar territory.

But I should probably wait for my score before I talk too much smack about the damn thing.

The tests were comparable. If anything, the real thing had more single-sentence, no-scenario, factoid-regurgitating 1st order questions than the ITE.

I took the ITE a total of 4 times, plus the AKTs, plus I did about 2000 of the 1990s ITE questions, plus another 1000 from Hall, plus about half of the questions out of the Barash review book by Connelly. I thought ALL of those questions were good preparation for the real thing. Connelly was maybe a bit too nitpicky and obscure.

There were a couple questions that I think were verbatim off old ITEs, and many, many more that tested the same things the same way. The body of knowledge isn't so large that they can create hundreds of wholly original questions each year. If you do a few thousand questions prior to the real thing, regardless of the setting, you'll be in familiar territory.

But I should probably wait for my score before I talk too much smack about the damn thing.

Going over 1000s of questions is the key for part one of the ABA exam.

Cambie