2009 ADEA Official Guide to DS - now available.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey doc, you gonna post the '08 versions of the '07 tables you had? I'm particularly interested in the first 2 in your signature.

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone applying, this is probably one of the best investments.

Definitely a case of sine qua non.

For all those who don't speak Latin (I don't), this is what Wikipedia says:

Sine qua non -
was originally a Latin legal term for "(a condition) without which it could not be" ... It refers to an indispensable and essential action, condition, or ingredient.

before you go out and buy one, see if your prehealth advisor or school library has it.

Does this include the 2008 DAT Score Frequency Tables?

Is there anywhere else Canadians can get this from without being ripped off? They are charging $35 for shipping, the same price as the book :laugh:

Is there anywhere else Canadians can get this from without being ripped off? They are charging $35 for shipping, the same price as the book :laugh:

The shipping fee is exorbitant, however, it will be an insignificant expense in one's quest for a career in dentistry.

Has anyone been able to access the 2008 DAT score frequency tables??

The links mentioned on this thread are for 2007

I was told by the ADA that only adcoms could receive the data, and I should ask them (??).

I'm interested because there has been a trend in mean QR scores nationwide, and I would really like to know if it continued.

(mean QR went down 1.5 points, from 17.2 avg in 2006 to 15.7 in 2007, while all other section averages remained fairly constant)

Thank you for any information!

The shipping fee is exorbitant, however, it will be an insignificant expense in one's quest for a career in dentistry.

Agreed 100%. Got slaughtered on the shipping cost but its a drop in the bucket when you step back and look at the big picture.

Has anyone been able to access the 2008 DAT score frequency tables??

The links mentioned on this thread are for 2007

I was told by the ADA that only adcoms could receive the data, and I should ask them (??).

Since the year has just ended give it a little more time. It should be updated shortly. In the past the update were done every 6 months. Since they went secret last year, it went to once a year.

Just got my copy. Alot of schools have NR the Range of GPA and DAT scores. What gives? Is this book continually updated throughout the year?

I agree, most vital information can be had at predents.com

Wish I didn't buy it.

I'm not quite sure why this is a valuable resource to pre-dents.
Could one explain and shine a light to my ignorance?

I bought it, and although some of the things are nice to have (tables and such), I really believe I could have done much of this searching on my own and saved myself $43...

I would advise anyone thinking about purchasing the book to first check and see if your prehealth advisor has a copy. Mine did and she allowed me to check it out from her for a few days so that I could look at it and copy the tables that I needed. It was a big help and I didn't have to buy it.:)

I wish mine had the new one...the only copy we had was the 07 lol.