2009 wreb exam takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

just momani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all upcoming dentists for the next year of the wreb ....
they haven't started the online registration yet , hope everyone prepared for patient selection and ready for PATP assessment also :)
please do post any notes or comments anyone would like to share or even any questions about the whole thing ....

I'll start
I'm looking for my patients now and studying a bit :love:

Members don't see this ad.

hello all upcoming dentists for the next year of the wreb ....
they haven't started the online registration yet , hope everyone prepared for patient selection and ready for PATP assessment also :)
please do post any notes or comments anyone would like to share or even any questions about the whole thing ....

I'll start
I'm looking for my patients now and studying a bit :love:

Salam
Registration will start after January the 5th.That is what I've been told when I called them.When are you planning to take it?Where?

really ! january 1st thats great ....
also the new changes in the online registration is great , we can do the whole thing online now even the images and electrical signing ....so hope for all the best people

also the new scoring system now , conjunctive ....
wreb says : "The only significant change is that candidates will now be required to score the equivalent of 75% in every section. Criteria has been adjusted to correspond to the new scoring scale. The five sections are: Operative (2 procedures), Endodontics (2 teeth), Periodontics (Assessment and Treatment), Prosthodontics, and Patient Assessment and Treatment Planning."
i wonder is this was a change from last year wreb ??
have anyone heard any news about 2009 wreb ,any changes we should consider??

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,I'm going to take the wreb next year too.but I amnot sure?may be california but they havn't announced the dates yet?any comment apprecited.:xf:

actually , wreb has changed their whole website and 2009 dates are announced but the detailed new process of registration online is not obvious yet ? but it seems straight forward ....for the csw exam they recommend taking it 10days before the exam date ...

I just took the exam in Dec at USC. got my patients thru Patient Finding Service out of LA. I was nervous to use them after reading a previous post here, but had already paid deposit and fees to them.
I recieved good patients from them and the review class really really helped get ready for the test.:luck:

Hi to the dentist in northen CA...I need your help to practice forWREB exam.
please call me at 415 6862919
or mail me at [email protected]

you wrote:

I have an office in Northern California and have set it up for multiple students to practice and also can provide techniques and ideas to pass your exam. I can let you take x-rays if needed, either digital or reg. processing. I also have seperate operatory room for you to bring in your patient for evaluation.

Thanks,

Serious inquiries only!

Hi I am planning to APPLY online but the WREB policy says
You MUST UPLOAD A DIGITAL PHOTO which is fine and DIGITALLY SIGN THE WREB POLICY AGREEMENT???:confused:

Can someone tell me how can I digitally sign? Please I am freaking out! Can I scan my signature and upload ?

just call the wreb .I heard they are really helpful.:thumbup:

Hi I am planning to APPLY online but the WREB

policy says
You MUST UPLOAD A DIGITAL PHOTO which is fine and DIGITALLY SIGN THE WREB POLICY AGREEMENT???:confused:

Can someone tell me how can I digitally sign? Please I am freaking out! Can I scan my signature and upload ?

thank you for bringing up this subject ....the wreb didn't explain the online application process in details especially concerning how to digitally sign the form ??? anyone can please shed some light on this ???

thanks for all who p.m me on this issue ....i don't know why they didn't replay in puplic , anyways no worries for the online application just follow their instructions and submit it ...
good luck for all and hope all gets the date suitable for wreb with no wait list ....:laugh:

was it just me ?
did anyone faced trouble and spent alot of time completing the online application as i did ? especially the payment ?? its

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys I enrolled yep it took a while specially trying to make the photo fit in the window with the shoulders showing up! Painful process ! Specially now that we have to take also PATP in the computer besides the CSW wondering if anyone knows the fee for PATP? and CSW?
We should startalso discussing some questions!

Hi folks, is anyone out there who canhelp me witha dental manikin and typhodont for personal practice towards the exams.
Thank you.

hi guys,
I think the changes made in WREB i.e each section needs 75% as a passing score makes it much harder than before,right? until 2008 it was atleast overall 75% as a passing score...
Post ur ideas what you think about the new changes so that we can share some info.

Last edited:
Hi guys I enrolled yep it took a while specially trying to make the photo fit in the window with the shoulders showing up! Painful process ! Specially now that we have to take also PATP in the computer besides the CSW wondering if anyone knows the fee for PATP? and CSW?
We should startalso discussing some questions!
could you pl. tell me what is csw?
thank you

CSW is the perio /prostho multiple choice section of the exam

I am from CA, but thinking to take the WREB in Richmond, VA. Does anyone have recommendations for dental referral services there, or a good assistant there?

Hi everyone,

I am new to SDN. I graduated from dental school 10 years ago and have been out of practice for 9 years raising a family. I would like to get back, but I need some practice. I am not licensed in Tx, so I plan to take the WREB. If anyone has WREB notes especialy for the 2 computer simulated sections or any instruments or supplies that they can sell/ donate, please contact me. Also if any other female dentists have taken time off for their family and got back in, please reply. Any other dentists taking the WREB in Dallas, Tx?

are you planning to take the exam at San Antonio, Dallas or Houston, I have over 20 years of experience assisting in the Dental Boards, WREB, CAL and ADEX... do you need an assistant????

Hi everyone,

I am new to SDN. I graduated from dental school 10 years ago and have been out of practice for 9 years raising a family. I would like to get back, but I need some practice. I am not licensed in Tx, so I plan to take the WREB. If anyone has WREB notes especialy for the 2 computer simulated sections or any instruments or supplies that they can sell/ donate, please contact me. Also if any other female dentists have taken time off for their family and got back in, please reply. Any other dentists taking the WREB in Dallas, Tx?

I'm from California my self but I have assisted in many other states for the WREB boards let me know if you will like me to assist you in Richmond in March

I am from CA, but thinking to take the WREB in Richmond, VA. Does anyone have recommendations for dental referral services there, or a good assistant there?

Hello if you know of any one who may need a Dental Assistant for the WREB at UOP or UCSF, please give them my email address [email protected] I have 22 years of experiece in the Dental Boards.
Thanks

Hi to the dentist in northen CA...I need your help to practice forWREB exam.
please call me at 415 6862919
or mail me at [email protected]

you wrote:

I have an office in Northern California and have set it up for multiple students to practice and also can provide techniques and ideas to pass your exam. I can let you take x-rays if needed, either digital or reg. processing. I also have seperate operatory room for you to bring in your patient for evaluation.

Thanks,

Serious inquiries only!

Patient assessment for 2009 will now be taken on the computer. Can anyone advise me how and what to study for this section. Thank you so kindly.

I would like to know the following ! PLEASE ANSWER ME! THANKS!
THE NORMAL VITAL SIGNS FOR KIDS and for adults!

PULSE rate
BP rate
GLUCOSE rate
Protrombin

If pt presents with hear murmur and replaced hip joint does the pt need premedication for which condition?

Can someone please let me know!? Thanks!

If pt presents with hear murmur and replaced hip joint does the pt need premedication for which condition?

Can someone please let me know!? Thanks!

the answer is NO. review the new AHA guidelines.

i answered this in your other post in a diff thread.

the candidate guide says you have to have all instruments sterilized between pts. since we have to provide our own hand pieces is that mean we should have 2 hand pieces (one for each restorative procedure)?

Do you know how many people take the endo exam in that section and how many xray machines are there?

What about dark room how many are there?

Is there usually a line?

Can you take a cup of fixer and leave it in your table with you during the exam?

I need a used endo typhodont for practice during Duggan's WREB course. If you have one for sale or for rent for 2-3 days please let me know.

Thanks!

the candidate guide says you have to have all instruments sterilized between pts. since we have to provide our own hand pieces is that mean we should have 2 hand pieces (one for each restorative procedure)?

If you are doing back-to-back operative, then it *could* mean that. You might also have the school you are taking it at sterilize your instruments (which doesn't take that long). Or, you might do your operative on different days.

I need a used endo typhodont for practice during Duggan's WREB course. If you have one for sale or for rent for 2-3 days please let me know.

Thanks!

I have an Acadental WREB typodont that is for sale. It has 4 of the 6 sextants with it (2 were used for my WREB exam last year), and you'll need to buy more fixing gel and apex putty, although I have a little of those left over. Probably enough for one tooth.

If you are doing back-to-back operative, then it *could* mean that. You might also have the school you are taking it at sterilize your instruments (which doesn't take that long). Or, you might do your operative on different days.

thanks gavin.

well i have the PATP and DSW coming up in 2 weeks. i am trying to study for it but have no idea what i really need to study.

I have an Acadental WREB typodont that is for sale. It has 4 of the 6 sextants with it (2 were used for my WREB exam last year), and you'll need to buy more fixing gel and apex putty, although I have a little of those left over. Probably enough for one tooth.
Hi
I am new in wreb exam,could you pl. explain what is acadental wreb typodont?do I need for my wreb exam too?if I don't want to take clas for wreb how can I get ready for the exam?or I have to go through the class?
appreciate:thumbup:

Hi all;

I am taking WREB writen exam in a few weeks. Does any body know what we need to study for this exam?:confused:

Hi There,

I have a patient that I would like to use for the wreb that I was counting on and she recently told me she is pregnant. I don't have any other patients as of now and am worried if I don't find another patient, what is your opinion of me using a patient that is pregnant? I looked at the manual, and it said that it is okay to use a patient that is pregnant if we have a written consent from the patient's doctor. Do you guys know of any one that has been in this situation? I am going to try to see if I can bother some of my neighbors to screen since I am freaking out about this, but if i cant find someone else, should I use my patient that is pregnant?

HELP I AM FREAKING OUT!

just get a consult from her MD and use her. unless you can find a diff pt. no need to panic over that.

good luck

Hello everyone, greetings from Miami. I am going to take the WREB in Dec 09, if any member of this forum has or knows someone that has taken a WREB PREPARATION COURSE, I am very interested in buying your used study material provided at such course. The WREB is usually offered here in Miami every year around March, this year will not be offered here and they told me it might never be offered again (lucky me) in consecuence appears that there will not be any prep courses either. Please help, I am honestly a little lost regarding this exam, any kind of advice is defenitely going to help and i would appreciate.
Thanks a lot

I have a bunch of lesions that are really really close to the DEJ but not fully through it, like the WREB wants. Everyone keeps saying they are "perfect NERB lesions, but not big enough for the WREB". Anyone know how strict they really are with the lesions? I know what the rules say but at the same time I obviously want to restore the smallest lesion possible :)

Thanks!! Wish me luck!!!!

That is the same problem I am running into as well. Mine are to the DEJ..just barely, but the main professor at our school was like its ifffy ...DAMN!

That is the same problem I am running into as well. Mine are to the DEJ..just barely, but the main professor at our school was like its ifffy ...DAMN!

If they are just barely to the DEJ, they will be fine. Trust me, I've taken the WREB twice and I freaked out (like most of us do) both times about radiographs. Both times I thought I had lesions that would not get accepted, but had no problems.

I have a bunch of lesions that are really really close to the DEJ but not fully through it, like the WREB wants. Everyone keeps saying they are "perfect NERB lesions, but not big enough for the WREB". Anyone know how strict they really are with the lesions? I know what the rules say but at the same time I obviously want to restore the smallest lesion possible :)

Thanks!! Wish me luck!!!!

It should be to the DEJ clearly (but it doesn't have to be a huge lesion). All of mine had small triangles that touched the DEJ. I thought they wouldn't pass, but they were all accepted. 1/2 through enamel does not fly for the WREB.