2010 EM Match Results!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll start the thread. I got my number 1 choice!!!!!! Will be in PA.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on getting where you wanted to be! I hope I'm in your shoes on March 18th. :xf:

Congratulations on getting where you wanted to be! I hope I'm in your shoes on March 18th. :xf:

Thanks everyone! I hope you all get to be in the same position.

And Dakota, too funny!:laugh:

The day I skipped the AOA match (with a supposed 'ranked to match') and sweated out the ACGME match was the longest period of my life. My nails still haven't grown back in right.

Congrats EM!

I guess I'll start the thread. I got my number 1 choice!!!!!! Will be in PA.

Hey man, I couldn't tell by your previous posts which place in PA you wanted to go to. I think you an I interviewed at about the same places. I got my top choice as well over in NJ (40 minutes away from my house in Philly so that means I don't have to move :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:).

The day I skipped the AOA match (with a supposed 'ranked to match') and sweated out the ACGME match was the longest period of my life. My nails still haven't grown back in right.

That sounds intense. I'm still confused by this 'ranked to match' promise they still do. I had a residency director from MSUCOM explain it to me once, but I still don't really get it. Could you possibly clarify?

Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds intense. I'm still confused by this 'ranked to match' promise they still do. I had a residency director from MSUCOM explain it to me once, but I still don't really get it. Could you possibly clarify?

Sure. Say there are 12 spots in the residency you are interested in. If you are ranked by the residency #1 - 12, and you ranked them #1, you are guaranteed a spot there, since they will take those first twelve people if they also ranked the program #1.

I hear that in the ACGME world, that statement can't be taken too seriously, but in the AOA world, it still can. But I don't know if that still holds true.

Hey man, I couldn't tell by your previous posts which place in PA you wanted to go to. I think you an I interviewed at about the same places. I got my top choice as well over in NJ (40 minutes away from my house in Philly so that means I don't have to move :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:).

Congrats to you too! Likely we did run into each other, but not trying to give away identity here (not many residents = easy for them to figure out who).

Sure. Say there are 12 spots in the residency you are interested in. If you are ranked by the residency #1 - 12, and you ranked them #1, you are guaranteed a spot there, since they will take those first twelve people if they also ranked the program #1.

I hear that in the ACGME world, that statement can't be taken too seriously, but in the AOA world, it still can. But I don't know if that still holds true.

It still holds true from what I've seen (myself and friends).

it definitely still holds true in the DO world.

Can anyone comment why UMDNJ/Stratford had two spots empty - seems a bit odd to me.

It still holds true from what I've seen (myself and friends).

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So is this a pseudo-official agreement? Do you sign anything when they tell you this?

Can anyone comment why UMDNJ/Stratford had two spots empty - seems a bit odd to me.

They are reserved for transitional year, at least thats what my roommate told me, who heard it directly from the director during his interview there.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So is this a pseudo-official agreement? Do you sign anything when they tell you this?

Nothing is signed. It's all verbal, which in itself can be worrysome.

But, if someone's an outstanding candidate, who isn't bull****ting you when they say they're ranking you #1, and you want them bad enough, you'll rank em to match.

Ah, well congrats then (wtf can't Allo programs match this early:mad::mad:)

hahaha...that would be nice for them to both be this early and together. Then you could actually couples match into both. This prevented a couples match for me. Still waiting for the SO to match next month :xf:

Nothing is signed. It's all verbal, which in itself can be worrysome.

But, if someone's an outstanding candidate, who isn't bull****ting you when they say they're ranking you #1, and you want them bad enough, you'll rank em to match.

Alright, good to know. I honestly wouldn't want to bank on a verbal agreement but I guess it would depend on the situation and the location.

Question, has anyone been contacted by a program and been told that they will be ranked to match?? just wondering....

Question, has anyone been contacted by a program and been told that they will be ranked to match?? just wondering....

Contacted by several programs who told me they were going to rank me "high." I don't think they are allowed to give out a number or guarantee that you will match.

Contacted by several programs who told me they were going to rank me "high." I don't think they are allowed to give out a number or guarantee that you will match.

They are allowed to volunteer whatever information they want, but neither party can inquire as to where they will be ranked.

Doesn't mean anything. 3 people in my class were "ranked to match" at the same #1 choice and all wound up in other programs.