medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
Please use this thread to report to which neurology program you have matched. Thank you.

medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
It's Baylor categorical for me... Not my first choice, I know the programs has problems, but I live through them.

Last edited:

typhoonegator

Neurointensivist
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Status
Attending Physician
Some (most, actually) people want to remain anonymous in this forum, and of course I would love for you all to continue posting through residency. Telling where you are going might jeopardize your anonymity down the road. As a result, if people prefer, we can delete this thread after a week or something, so future joiners of this forum can't trace you back.

Then again, if you all don't care, I can also just leave it up.

Let me know what you want to do.

bluntdissector

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Some (most, actually) people want to remain anonymous in this forum, and of course I would love for you all to continue posting through residency. Telling where you are going might jeopardize your anonymity down the road. As a result, if people prefer, we can delete this thread after a week or something, so future joiners of this forum can't trace you back.

Then again, if you all don't care, I can also just leave it up.

Let me know what you want to do.
I think it would be better for individuals to edit their posts and just clear it.
:)

seasurfer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
I matched into my 2nd choice...but I really wish I matched into my 3rd choice, because I think I will be happier in my 3rd choice...

What should I do now?

Do you guys get a congratulation call from your PD?

bluntdissector

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Baylor for me!!
Congratz. Creating a new account to post your match results is a little less useful - it simply tell people that SOMEONE matched SOMEWHERE, something which one would expect! :rolleyes:

It helps a lot more if we can check where a certain person interviewed, what their ROL looked like, what their scores were, etc...but then that might lead them to loose their confidentiality.

Seems like a bit of a useless exercise...ha ha.

Congratz though!

lanzarlaluna

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My top choice. Couldn't be happier. =)

Last edited:

Rogue Synapse

The Dude Has Got No Mercy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
my top choice! w00t!

Last edited:

pep45

pep45
10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
USA
Status
Medical Student
UVA!! Top Choice!!:laugh::D:);):p

UT Southwestern at Austin!!! My #2, and now the neurology program with the best residents in the country! If the other two people who matched there see this, shoot me an email, I'd love to hear from my future colleagues!

medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
UT Southwestern at Austin!!! My #2, and now the neurology program with the best residents in the country! If the other two people who matched there see this, shoot me an email, I'd love to hear from my future colleagues!
Congrats Bblue! Enjoy the Indian IMGs and feed them your fattoush...

PAN627

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Northshore LIJ! anyone else match shoot me a private message! congrats everyone.

The Indian IMG's I met there were the among the nicest and most intelligent I met after interviewing at 17 neurology programs (Baylor included - although I must say the residents at Baylor were very friendly too). Only AMG's this year (not that I care). Why do you bash IMG's so much when you are one?

medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
The Indian IMG's I met there were the among the nicest and most intelligent I met after interviewing at 17 neurology programs (Baylor included - although I must say the residents at Baylor were very friendly too). Only AMG's this year (not that I care). Why do you bash IMG's so much when you are one?
Just kidding, bblue. Baylor has some too -- and I am grateful for it.

Iliopsoas

7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
Meds R Us, just because you're posting in an anonymous forum doesn't mean you have the right to make insensitive comments about Indians or other races. You're a professional now, act like it!

PhakeDoc

Mudder Phudder
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2007
Just off the Yellow Brick Rd
Status
Resident [Any Field]
After much internal debate, I don't quite feel comfortable publicly sharing where I matched due to loss of anonymity, but let's just say I got my #1 choice at a place which I honestly feel is the best program in the country (after interviewing just about everywhere). I'm quite excited. :) Congrats to everyone out there who went through the procedure this year. It was certainly a long ride, and I'm glad it's finally over.

Aug 20, 2009
Status
MD/PhD Student
Baylor is a diverse environment with a zero tolerance policy for harassment. It will not be very hard for everyone to know who you really are now that everyone knows you are going there (not many IMGs matched there this year from what I heard)

PhakeDoc

Mudder Phudder
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2007
Just off the Yellow Brick Rd
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Lanzarlaluna - I met one of your future co-residents on the interview trail. If she's any indication of the caliber of folks in your class, you guys are going to have an awesome time!

Pep45 - your program is going to be a fantastic experience. I thought the Chair was one of the best I had the pleasure of meeting this year...definitely the spunkiest and full of energy! And the town is absolutely breathtaking.

Rogue - I really enjoyed my interview at where you matched. I think you and your wife will have a blast there. I would love to be an attending there one day.

Meds R Us, just because you're posting in an anonymous forum doesn't mean you have the right to make insensitive comments about Indians or other races. You're a professional now, act like it!
I'm not sure which 'side' I'm taking here...but I don't think it's fair for us to pile on MedsRus (and his comment WAS directed at me). He was just joking around and I think it's being taken too seriously. Calm down. I don't sense any real animosity or racism...

medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
I'm not sure which 'side' I'm taking here...but I don't think it's fair for us to pile on MedsRus (and his comment WAS directed at me). He was just joking around and I think it's being taken too seriously. Calm down. I don't sense any real animosity or racism...
For all it's worth, I really was just joking. Thanks bblue for your comment.