2010 Wreb taker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexter2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for anyone would like to share their experiences, tips, comments, or concerns on the wrebs

For those who have taken the CSW and PATP, how was the exam, hard/doable? What did you use to study? any tips on what to review for the exam?

I'm having a hard time finding patients. I have a patient with a class III on #7 that i can see clinically, but it doesn't show up on the xrays. I was going to try to take some more to see if it shows up with different settings.

I also have a class II patient, but one of my faculty said that the tooth is a bit short and that i'll have a hard time isolating since the papilla will be in the way and will be bleeding. There won't be a lot of room to drop the gingival floor. Plus the tooth is a bit buccally rotated. Any suggestions or comments? The patient is otherwise great and reliable.

:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for anyone would like to share their experiences, tips, comments, or concerns on the wrebs

For those who have taken the CSW and PATP, how was the exam, hard/doable? What did you use to study? any tips on what to review for the exam?

I'm having a hard time finding patients. I have a patient with a class III on #7 that i can see clinically, but it doesn't show up on the xrays. I was going to try to take some more to see if it shows up with different settings.

I also have a class II patient, but one of my faculty said that the tooth is a bit short and that i'll have a hard time isolating since the papilla will be in the way and will be bleeding. There won't be a lot of room to drop the gingival floor. Plus the tooth is a bit buccally rotated. Any suggestions or comments? The patient is otherwise great and reliable.

:confused::confused::confused:

Hi - both the perio and the PATP are reasonable exams, even the prost is reasonable, but you have to be quick on this test, time flies when you are trying to use that dumb articulator, so watch out!
Feedback on pts: that class III sounds ideal, BUT it has to show touching or beyond the DEJ, this is a MUST. Take a regular (not digital) xray, hopefully that will work better for you.
Class II - having the tooth short is a problem, I agree w/your instructor. You don't want to struggle w/your restoration, especially if you're trying to isolate the tooth and you send it w/the rubber dam, it has to look excellent/perfect and this will be hard if the tooth will be bleeding, etc. Try to find someone else... Have you tried craigslist? I did and it was very successful for me. Also I talked to dentists around my area as well as my dental hygiene school, a couple of other ideas. Again, good luck!

i'm planning on taking wreb this year ... would you like to get in touch so we could discuss things and maybe be of help to each other. you can email me on [email protected]. Good luck !!

i'm planning on taking wreb this year ... would you like to get in touch so we could discuss things and maybe be of help to each other. you can email me on [email protected]. Good luck !!
hi I have planning to take the wreb on december/2010.
any help will be appreciated.like anybody has extracted teeth for exam?:thumbup::thumbup:

Well, I just took the WREBULATOR last weekend. Wow is that a stressful experience. Everything went fine for me. Can't say the say for a few classmates. If I had one piece of advise, it would be to get a brand new pigtail explorer and practice with it in during your operative appts. Those babies are very very sharp and since the grading is all tactile, you better be familar with what the examiners prefer. Our regular shepard hook explorers that I have used throughout dental school are very different. I think you can make those new pigtails almost stick in perfectly sound dentin. We had several exposures with the blasted things. Anyways, feels really good to be finished. 3-4 weeks till results are in.