2011-2012 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not been back for a while and was so suprised to see the thread suddenly became so active! I am also suprised that this year there seemed to be so few who are accepted and post here. Last year there were a lot more.

Anyway, I agree with many of you here that Duke NUS should keep us more updated about the status, the wait is really unbearable. Even for me, I have not heard from them after getting the acceptance email and another email about MOH bond and another one on the brief schedule from now to the begining of school (nothing much though, just asked us to get Hep B screening before term starts which is around end July early Aug). I have not even gotten my FA outcome yet...

Members don't see this ad.

good morning, folks. :) hope you guys had a great week thus far. just curious, what are you guys busy with? haha. working? or still studying? :D

I have been working for 5+ years to fulfill my previous bond with MOE, now going to sign another one with MOH...... It seems like my life since I was 18 was in the cycle of signing bond==> studying==>serving bond==>signing bond again... Maybe they sense that I am responsible enough by serving my 6 years bond when they review my application :p

I will continue working until term starts. So sad that I cannot take even a short break before term starts...

I saw someone asking for help on the MCAT a few days ago. Not sure if it is okay to post this here, but I am in Singapore and most people in the Sales forum are from US. I have the following MCAT books for those located in Singapore, some are extremely difficult to find in sg like TBR and TPR hyperlearning:

1. The Berkeley Review all four sciences + writng (9 books)

2. The Princeton Review Hyperlearning set (4 science reviews, science workbook, VR and writing review, verbal workbook, 2010 edition, 7 books in total)

3. TPR Cracking the MCAT book, MCAT workout book

4. Kaplan MCAT premier program 2008 -2009 edition

5. EK full review set (4 sciences, VR and writing book, 1 full length)

6. NOVA physics book

7. official guide for MCAT

These books really helped me a lot in preparing me for the MCAT. All are in very good conditions and will be available after mid April. Anyone interested can pm me your offer. I try not to sell them seperately as they are already seperated to the respective sets or alone. Hope they can help someone else as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao moose45, us asians and our superstitions!

WOW page 11?!

I have not been back for a while and was so suprised to see the thread suddenly became so active! I am also suprised that this year there seemed to be so few who are accepted and post here. Last year there were a lot more.

Anyway, I agree with many of you here that Duke NUS should keep us more updated about the status, the wait is really unbearable. Even for me, I have not heard from them after getting the acceptance email and another email about MOH bond and another one on the brief schedule from now to the begining of school (nothing much though, just asked us to get Hep B screening before term starts which is around end July early Aug). I have not even gotten my FA outcome yet...

haha. when's your interview?

lmao moose45, us asians and our superstitions!

WOW page 11?!

yeah. thanks to all our hard efforts in keeping this thread alive. :) i feel really comforted that we have each other for support. whenever i feel like i'm dying of the wait i'd come here and post a note or two, ask random things. HAHA. :)

tomorrow is my thesis presentation and i am dying of anxiety. haha. just sharing. :X hope it'll lighten some load off me. >< I have Agoraphobia and sadly i'm assigned a lecture theatre to give my presentation this time. x.x

tomorrow is my thesis presentation and i am dying of anxiety. haha. just sharing. :X hope it'll lighten some load off me. >< I have Agoraphobia and sadly i'm assigned a lecture theatre to give my presentation this time. x.x

All the best to your presentation! May you get an A+ for your FYP :)

I have been working for 5+ years to fulfill my previous bond with MOE, now going to sign another one with MOH...... It seems like my life since I was 18 was in the cycle of signing bond==> studying==>serving bond==>signing bond again... Maybe they sense that I am responsible enough by serving my 6 years bond when they review my application :p

I will continue working until term starts. So sad that I cannot take even a short break before term starts...

You are a teacher?

Based on last year's forum, I think the next batch of acceptance/rejections will be sent out around the first week of April, which is two weeks later!

Dec 6. I saw someone also interviewed on this day but could not figure out who he/she might be :)

I also had my interview that day. I think I know who you are already. Were you the one that spoke to Samuel at the end of the applicant's day?

I also had my interview that day. I think I know who you are already. Were you the one that spoke to Samuel at the end of the applicant's day?

haha if you know that I know who you are as well! How do you know it's me? Just curious :)

Members don't see this ad :)
haha if you know that I know who you are as well! How do you know it's me? Just curious :)

Haha, I can still remember roughly the professions of those applicants whom I had applicants day with. Among which, there's only one teacher. Given the fact that you are serving your MOE bonds, you are more or less in the teaching profession. In addition, you are also one of the few who made a late career change to pursue for this MD degree. I tend to remember what others said. Haha, this is how I remember who you are.

Anyone here on this forum and in singapore, who hasn't been accepted yet and wants to retake the mcat for next year's admissions, let me know! If I don't hear back by next weekend, I am starting my studying for the mcat and we should form a study group!

seems like most of the accepted are singaporeans, at least the ones posting here.

any north americans accepted here?

Anyone here on this forum and in singapore, who hasn't been accepted yet and wants to retake the mcat for next year's admissions, let me know! If I don't hear back by next weekend, I am starting my studying for the mcat and we should form a study group!

i like that idea. except that in april my exams are here. join you in june. :D (may i'm away for my mission trip!)

Hi all,
I called Duke-NUS just now. I was told that our results will most likely be released in two weeks time, which is around mid April. The results here refers to acceptance, rejections and waiting list candidates. Hope that this information will be useful for you all.

Hey lewybodies, any idea on the number of open spots left?

Thank you so much for calling! Two more weeks of agony!

Is that you smurfedmcat in the group : P

somebody had to take the initiative!!! first step into Team Based learning...have a fb group!! express solidarity with your class!! its an open group...and you all can join..cuz im pretty sure you all would get in!!! :-D

Last edited:
i see a class representative. :) would vote for you if i'm part of the class definitely!

anybody has an idea of the current number of accepted students?

from the looks of the facebook group... doesn't look like there's many. :X either that or those accepted don't frequent sdn. Or perhaps they are still contemplating if they are going to accept the offer. :x

Dear all! I am new to this forum but I'm really amazed and heartened by the level of social support here :) I graduated from NUS a year back, in psychology, borderline 2nd upper hons :( and currently still doing my masters in cog neuroscience at UCL. I am planning to apply for the MD program at duke-nus in 1-2 years time and will really appreciate some advice as to how to go about preparing for it.would be hoping to make some friends over here and work together in the application! meanwhile, all the best to those still waiting for results! :)

Dear all! I am new to this forum but I'm really amazed and heartened by the level of social support here :) I graduated from NUS a year back, in psychology, borderline 2nd upper hons :( and currently still doing my masters in cog neuroscience at UCL. I am planning to apply for the MD program at duke-nus in 1-2 years time and will really appreciate some advice as to how to go about preparing for it.would be hoping to make some friends over here and work together in the application! meanwhile, all the best to those still waiting for results! :)

start studying for the mcat now. :) welcome to sdn! :)

not really.....as you can see the links changed as soon as you put an email...o well...btw fj90...whats stopping you from joinin the group...>>>

Oh, I don't have facebook. :p What's stopping the rest of the people from joining? lol

rest of the people have not been accepted....or they are not on SDN....unfortunately being a non singaporean SDN is the only means of knowing who else will be joining the class..as you put it before ...having a fb group of class would help you at least...:D...btw congratulations !!

and as you can see...the most active people on SDN are still waiting !!

Its totally searchable on facebook.....and i know a few who got accepted...but not willing to share it for some personal reasons....and in SDN i see 2-3 who are accepted...besides as you can see one of them dont have a facebook account....it wont serve the purpose anyways...some of the guys were eager to know how many spots left...so I thought this group would be helpful to them atleast...but I think people hardly appreciate good things in life!! ..... :D

Last edited:
oh man, i took one whole night to look through alllllll the forum postings. haha. its really been a longgg and stressful journey for you guys... anyway anyone from psychology or neurosciences here?

rest of the people have not been accepted....or they are not on SDN....unfortunately being a non singaporean SDN is the only means of knowing who else will be joining the class..as you put it before ...having a fb group of class would help you at least...:D...btw congratulations !!

Congratulations? I haven't even heard back from them.

April is finally here..everyone here should be receiving acceptances verrrry sooonisssshhhh :)

I hope so!!! Eagerly awaiting!! So in about two weeks? Guys, I REALLY want to go to Singapore. I REALLY REALLY do.