2011-2012 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

exquisitemelody

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does MCG email you when they have their financial package put together or am I supposed to find it somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

VirtualMorgan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we are waitlisted should we send in our official transcripts at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)

docsk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ACCEPTED!
So happy!
good luck to the rest of you!

SEH25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, I got accepted in January but will withdraw if I get off the waitlist for another school.

Missions740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will be withdrawing my acceptance this week.

Here is to some more wait-list movement.

newyorker41789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes I know at least one person that got in off the waitlist and there are a few others on the thread.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

cottonsct

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out I will be in Athens in the fall. Anyone else get campus assignments today?

Members don't see this ad :)

TCtoMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the academic calendar has been published yet, or when it will be?

Hey gang,
I made some calls about this today. I was told that the calendar is not yet finalized; they said it should be finished around the end of May. Orientation is 2-3 August and the first day of classes is 6 August. We will all have the same classes and test schedule, so we'll know when our test days are going to be for the whole year.

Does MCG email you when they have their financial package put together or am I supposed to find it somewhere?

I also contacted the financial aid counselor for the medical school by email asking about the timeline for financial aid award announcements. This was her reply:

"We won't start processing financial aid for incoming students until May/June timeframe. We have not received the final tuition and fee amounts yet, but expect to have them by the end of the month. We are also waiting on our Associate Director to set up our system to receive 12/13 documents. Please make sure to have your 12-13 FAFSA, GHSU Financial Aid Application and Direct Lending Entrance Counseling completed, so we can process your application.

What I can tell you is that the max a 1st year med student can receive in Unsubsidized aid is $42,722. Subsidized aid has been eliminated by the federal gov't for all professional students."

Ebola4Breakfast

Boop!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,
I made some calls about this today. I was told that the calendar is not yet finalized; they said it should be finished around the end of May. Orientation is 2-3 August and the first day of classes is 6 August. We will all have the same classes and test schedule, so we'll know when our test days are going to be for the whole year.

I also contacted the financial aid counselor for the medical school by email asking about the timeline for financial aid award announcements. This was her reply:

"We won't start processing financial aid for incoming students until May/June timeframe. We have not received the final tuition and fee amounts yet, but expect to have them by the end of the month. We are also waiting on our Associate Director to set up our system to receive 12/13 documents. Please make sure to have your 12-13 FAFSA, GHSU Financial Aid Application and Direct Lending Entrance Counseling completed, so we can process your application.

What I can tell you is that the max a 1st year med student can receive in Unsubsidized aid is $42,722. Subsidized aid has been eliminated by the federal gov't for all professional students."

There's a financial aid application? Any idea where this application is located?

VirtualMorgan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do y'all think there will be any significant movement before May 15th or is that pretty much when most of the activity takes place? I want to be accepted so badly, and I wish I knew sooner than later so I can start planning. If I'm not accepted I don't know if I should reapply for next year, or just go to the Caribbean. It's going to be rough going through the application cycle again while trying to support myself in addition to having to start paying back student loans. I just wish I knew the best thing to focus on right now.

kunalp89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Called MCG today and was told that about 100 applicants got accepted off the waitlist last year. So, keep up the hope! :xf:

HappyMe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a financial aid application? Any idea where this application is located?

Don't bother with this. I called and was told that FA was not sent out till this summer. WTH??? They said that COA wouldn't be available till then.

Ebola4Breakfast

Boop!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with this. I called and was told that FA was not sent out till this summer. WTH??? They said that COA wouldn't be available till then.

That's a bummer. Summer? That's pretty vague. Does anyone know if schools have to send out FA packages prior to May 15th?

thomallama

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST! I just received the email about an hour ago! :soexcited:

premedk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got in for the class of 2016 a while ago, but I'm just now thinking about where I'm going to live. What do most students do for housing? Is there anyone looking for a roommate? Are there any nice apartments near by?

imajin706

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! So happy - interviewed back in early December so it's been a long wait.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

JoeC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday! So happy - interviewed back in early December so it's been a long wait.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats! Hope things keep moving.

Iwannascalple

Iwannascalple
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called yesterday to see how many people had moved off of the waitlist, but they said they were not releasing that info.

PwrBldr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted this morning via e-mail!!! Augusta Campus!!!

Last edited:

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduation was yesterday. 4 years till you guys!

VirtualMorgan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, do you guys think there will be some bulk movement off the waitlist around this time? I was under that impression but haven't seen a sign of it yet, at least not on here. Fingers crossed!

JoeC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, do you guys think there will be some bulk movement off the waitlist around this time? I was under that impression but haven't seen a sign of it yet, at least not on here. Fingers crossed!
As I understand it, today is the day that med schools find out who has multiple acceptances and can then begin pressuring them to settle on one school. So, basically today is the beginning of an approximately month-long period of accelerated waitlist activity, but it will take a bit to get moving.

kunalp89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted!!! :soexcited:
32Q, 3.8, IS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.