2011: The most beautiful ---> ugliest Med school campuses...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought Dartmouth was very beautiful and Emory is too when I was visiting my best friend over the summer.

I've heard a lot about Vandy and I'd love to see!!

-sigh- I am crossing every part of my body for next year.

Dartmouth's undergrad is very nice, but the med school is amazingly outdated/ugly. The lecture halls and labs felt like a dungeon!

Members don't see this ad.

Florida International University has an absolutely breathtaking campus like 15 blocks from South Beach.... It looks like a resort lol and better in real life than any pics I could find online

33_FIU.jpg

3231702906_a2c4800ab8.jpg

FIU_LV_E_C_IMG_6765.jpg

FIU_primera_casa.JPG

Florida-International-Uni-Campus-General-Campus-The-Charles-Perry-Building-FIU-CP-GC-00005xlg.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything about NSUCOM was gorgeous. As far as TOURO-NY, I drove in to the city the weekend before my interview to check out how to get there/park/see the school, and once I saw it, I cancelled my interview :laugh:

I was also really impressed by Drexel for some reason.

Don't you tease me with those palm trees!!! It's 39º in Cleveland right now.:cry:

Don't you tease me with those palm trees!!! It's 39º in Cleveland right now.:cry:

If it makes you feel better, Cost of Attendance for OOS students is just a hair under $100,000/year :bang:

............................................................ :wtf:

Talking about the ugly side....

I remember SLU was definitely not as pretty as I had expected, or as the brochures made it look. The surrounding area is pretty run-down and the French Gothic design of the hospital building looks like something out of a Batman movie.

FIU is NOT 15 blocks from the water/south beach...but it isnt too far tho! Maybe 15 or 20 MINUTES - in miami everything is measure by minutes it takes to drive not miles/blocks because with traffic thats the only thing that really matters...
NSU, FIU, and FAU are all really pretty/new buildings as long as you dont mind the heat/humidity of florida!
UFs medical school is kinda run down, but the excitement of Shands is still pretty awesome

Mayo definitely has GORGEOUS buildings inside and out. Plus, their gym is absolutely amazing! Even the pool has the same chemical content and concentration of tears so you can open your eyes underwater without the burning sensation. :eek:

Definitely agreed. Plus, the view of Lake Michigan along that park is extremely nice!

Hopkins has a really pretty campus with the new Armstrong Building that is awesome on the inside. Vanderbilt also has a really nice campus with tons of open green areas to play sports! :thumbup:

Yale was downright depressing.

This can't be real, right? :eek:

Don't know if you guys have seen Rush's new hospital but it's beautiful, inside and out. They're finishing up a 1-billion dollar renovation project around the campus as well.

RushUniversityMedicalCenterTower-Chicago-01112-001.jpg

And the foliage matches the school colors...

Albany Med reminded me of some kind of dungeon.