2011 University of South Florida COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! USF COP is beginning in August 2011.

The interviews have been sent out for early admission, and I am very excited to have received an invite.

I am just curious if anyone else has applied, is applying, or has an interview.

WOOOO GO BULLS!!!!

I am keeping my :xf: because USF is amazing!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I applied there too...but sadly didn't get the interview :(...Are you a USF student?
do u mind sharing your stats. I think its my PCAT I am taking it again in Jan. I was really hoping to get in

I also applied Early Action, and just received an interview invite for January 21! When is your interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied Early Action, and just received an interview invite for January 21! When is your interview date?

If you don't mind I want to ask you which school would you prefer attending...LECOM or USF....and why?

If you don't mind I want to ask you which school would you prefer attending...LECOM or USF....and why?

I would prefer to attend USF. I went there for part of my undergrad, and their medical school is amazing. I know that USF isn't accredited, but the college of pharmacy will be working closely with the college of medicine so I have absolutely no doubt that they will get accreditation. Also, USF is a public school and thus their tuition is about $5,000 cheaper per semester. Not to mention that I grew up in Tampa and my family and friends are mostly here.

Congratulations! I applied there too...but sadly didn't get the interview :(...Are you a USF student?
do u mind sharing your stats. I think its my PCAT I am taking it again in Jan. I was really hoping to get in

THANKS!! WOOO

Yes, I am a current USF Student in my 4th year!

Your early application will be sent to the normal application pool, and I wish you the best of luck!

I can message you my stats, feel free to message me and I will reply when I can.

I think everyone has the same interview day! So I will look forward to seeing you there! I do know that they phoned people letting them know that they were invited for an interview. Meaning that there wont be many people! Can't wait for breakfast @ 8:30 woooo!

This could go both ways, as each school has their advantages.

USF > LECOM because... You would assist in developing the program and policies by being the first class. I also know the educational environment at USF and their standards on education.

LECOM > USF because... It's an established school with accred. Attending would give less stress with accred process. Fairly new school aswell, so you can still assist in implementing new programs.

Both have pros/cons etc. depending

Last edited:
I also applied for early admit but was not invited for an interview. :(

Do you mind sharing your stats, those who were offered?

Wish you all the best!!

I also applied for early admit but was not invited for an interview. :(

Do you mind sharing your stats, those who were offered?

Wish you all the best!!

I wouldn't mind sharing my stats! Just send me a message over this website.

I am really glad USF is approaching their applicants with a holistic approach giving students who would normally not have an opportunity a chance.

Don't forget your application goes towards the normal application cycle now, so you still have a great chance! GO BULLS!

Hi Amox,

Would you mind sharing your stats w/ me?!? I am applying here too!USF is longggg overdue for their pharmacy school!!:)

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone gotten an interview for Early Action?I am applying now and would like to know what they are looking for when it comes to stats.

Can you guys please share if you have already gotten an interview or plan to apply.:)

I emailed those who asked for my stats.

Interview is one week away!

For those interviewing on the 21st, how are you preparing for the interview?? The lack of interview feedback is making me nervous! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those interviewing on the 21st, how are you preparing for the interview?? The lack of interview feedback is making me nervous! :scared:

Honestly, there is never a way to be 100% prepared for anything.

I am just covering basic interview questions assuring I can formulate a response that is satisfactory, however to the point, without sounding rehersed.

I am also reading about all of the current healthcare issues (obama-care for example) just incase an opinion is asked (Doubt it... but hey!).

Reading my personal statement again a I wrote it quite some time ago.

Sounds kinda well you know... BUT I feel the biggest part of it all is to be yourself! Just go there, have a good time, and try not to get nervous.

:xf:
GO BULLS

I applied to USF....really hoping to get in :xf:
My GPA is 3.5
PCAT 79
Got accepted to LECOM but I live in Orlando. It would be nice to get accepted somewhere close to home...:)

Thats great!Do you know if USF looks at your pre-req GPA or overall GPA?

Good Luck!I'm sure you'll be hearing good news soon..:)

I got accepted as an undergrad.
I'm still confused as to where their college of pharmacy is located.

So....who will be taking their talents to South Beach?

Anyone else thinking about calling/emailing Jackie tomorrow evening?? :xf:

I got accepted as an undergrad.
I'm still confused as to where their college of pharmacy is located.

Its located at the College of Medicine on the Tampa campus, the Pharmacy location is currently under construction and will be ready for use by Aug 2011.

We will also be sharing classrooms with medical students. (Not taking the same classes, but using classrooms at different times)

Also I'm sure we will also be trained with physicians and other health care professionals at (CAMLS) Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation. Which is under construction in downtown Tampa and will be completed shortly I think dec 2011- 2012 sometime.

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE CALL!!! :love:

That makes two of us :) I wonder if the others were accepted aswell !!

Look foward to working with you over the next 4 years!! :eek:

Calling to cancel all of my other inteviews!! GO BULLS :D

Send me a private message so we can exchange phone numbers, I may make a facebook page aswell, but I am debating on that! :)

Last edited:
How many people were at the early admit interview?

38 Applied for early action
7 Interviewed
6 Accepted

~44 seats remaining for the program, and 400 applications have been submitted as of 1/26/11.

University of South Florida is now on PharmCAS.

Best of luck to all!

Feel free to post here and ask questions reguarding the interview process (ONLY IF YOU GET INVITED...). No offense, however only 1/7-10 who apply will get an interview and I am busy.

I will not be giving out the interview questions, so don't ask.

Post here, don't message me.

Last edited:
Here is some updated information for everyone. I hope the school is okay with me posting this :)

Enjoy!

1. The Admissions Committee will meet on March 18 to review applicant files and select applicants to interview. If you are invited for an interview the Office of Admissions will contact you immediately after March 18. Please do not call the office to find out the status of your application. Notification of interview invitation will occur rather quickly as interview days will begin as early as March 23.

2. Interview day is a half day event (either 8-noon or 1-5:00pm). Regular Decision interviews will tentatively be held on the following dates:
· March 23 (morning and afternoon session)
· March 25 (afternoon session only)
· March 31 (morning and afternoon session)
· April 1, 4, and 8 (morning and afternoon sessions)
Please save these dates on your calendar.

3. The Admissions Committee will meet on April 15 to make admissions decisions. The Office of Admissions will notify applicants the week of April 18. We ask that you please do not call the office to find out the status of your application.

4. If you are accepted into the PharmD program, you will be required to submit a $150 non-refundable deposit to secure your seat in the inaugural Class of 2015. Further information regarding the deposit will be provided to you upon notification of your admissions status.

Aside from this information, I am also under the impression that about 200 students will be interviewed on those 4 dates for the remaining seats.

There is 50 seats in the first class, and 6 of us are accepted thus far. 44 seats remain.

Good luck to everyone! Post if you would like to know about the interview process. (I will not share the questions so don't ask...)

-Amox

Last edited:
Hi I'm a senior in highschool and I am looking to go into Pharmacy. I was just wondering if that class size of 50 at USF will increase in the upcoming years? And does it matter that much if you get all your prereqs at the same school you're applying to Pharmacy School at? For example if I go to USF for undergrad will I have a better chance at getting in to their Pharmacy School? Or do the Pharmacy School's strictly just look at GPA, PCAT scores, leadership etc.

has anyone else been called for an interview yet? I'm still waiting for an invitation =/. I'm sure people have been called already since interviews start this wednesday!

I just got an email for an interview. Those of you who already got accepted, any tips on how to prepare for the interview? This is my first interview for pharmacy school so I'm super nervous. I'm already a USF undergrad and really wanna stay in USF for the pharmD program.

Hey everyone, I just received an email for an interview too and this is also my first interview. I am actually a UF undergrad, but I'm ready to get out of Gainesville so I'm really hoping to get into USF pharmD and I think it would be really cool to be in its inaugural class. Any tips on the interview process for those who have been accepted? I would gladly accept any advice and hopefully we will be classmates in the fall. :)

yea same... found out this morning about the interview. I'm kind of curious as to how many students are actually interviewing. someone said 200... I hope that is not the case. The early applicants had 7 interviewing and 6 got in... I was hoping the odds would be similar (I think).

USF has several short interviews. When I went to the open house, it was explained a little bit. You would go from room to room, with the question posted outside the room. You would have a few minutes to formulate your answer, and then step in and fire away. A bad impression in one room, would not carry into anther, so it would be a clean start. At the end, the interviewers from each room would put together the final marks sheet.... even with this knowledge, I'm not sure what the best method is to prepare with. so any advice on this would be appreciated.

The entire interview process is entirely painless! If you have gotten this far, there really isn't much I can really help you with. I would suggest checking out the interview questions from some of the other schools as a way of getting comfortable answering questions, although the questions will not be the same.

Well 38 applied for Early Admit and 7 were invited, which makes for ~ 5:1 chance of being selected. 6 spots are now taken, which leaves 44 spots for Regular decision. If the odds were similar, they would be interviewing 220+ people. So your odds are actually slightly better than ours were :laugh:

yea same... found out this morning about the interview. I'm kind of curious as to how many students are actually interviewing. someone said 200... I hope that is not the case. The early applicants had 7 interviewing and 6 got in... I was hoping the odds would be similar (I think).

USF has several short interviews. When I went to the open house, it was explained a little bit. You would go from room to room, with the question posted outside the room. You would have a few minutes to formulate your answer, and then step in and fire away. A bad impression in one room, would not carry into anther, so it would be a clean start. At the end, the interviewers from each room would put together the final marks sheet.... even with this knowledge, I'm not sure what the best method is to prepare with. so any advice on this would be appreciated.

Well 38 applied for Early Admit and 7 were invited, which makes for ~ 5:1 chance of being selected. 6 spots are now taken, which leaves 44 spots for Regular decision. If the odds were similar, they would be interviewing 220+ people. So your odds are actually slightly better than ours were :laugh:

Think they want the odds similar to interviews/accepted. So yours is 7:6 and if you have 44 spots remaining, they want the odds to be 51:44.

But there will probably be 200 interviewed so...not even close lol.

Last edited:
hey all i just received my interview email today... pretty psyched about it as I am a USF ugrad so this would be a great opportunity for me.....

good luck everyone!!

I just called the office and Jackie was really nice. She said interview confirmations will be sent out possibly later today or tomorrow (which makes me nervous if I for some reason get the march 23rd interview date). I also asked about how many people are going to be interviewed in each session and she said about 14... So that would mean 14 people in 9 sessions would give us about 126 interviewees so we have about a 1/3 a chance of being accepted after our interviews. Those odds aren't great but they are a lot better than the numbers being listed above.

For the lucky ones who were already accepted, did you take biochem and cell biology? Most schools don't require that so, just wondering.

Last edited:
I got confirmation for my interview on Wednesday the 23rd in the afternoon. :) With such a low number of students being accepted I didn't expect this, so I'm pretty excited. I interviewed at LECOM back in November. Jackie Grosser was working there at the time and my interview day was actually her last day there. She is very nice and laid back. I'm not worried about this interview really and it's mostly because of her! :D

I got confirmation for my interview on Wednesday the 23rd in the afternoon. :) With such a low number of students being accepted I didn't expect this, so I'm pretty excited. I interviewed at LECOM back in November. Jackie Grosser was working there at the time and my interview day was actually her last day there. She is very nice and laid back. I'm not worried about this interview really and it's mostly because of her! :D

Hey TiffPharm! Did you get into LECOM? If you got accepted, can you tell us why you would pick USF over LECOM? Thanks

Hey TiffPharm! Did you get into LECOM? If you got accepted, can you tell us why you would pick USF over LECOM? Thanks

I am currently on the alternate list for LECOM. Since my interview in November, I have again taken and improved my PCAT (in Jan), which I believe was my downfall for LECOM. It's so nerve wracking waiting for their decision. :scared: USF is closer to home for me and cheaper. However, I really liked LECOM when I went for my interview. Now, I just play the waiting game!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!

I received an interview invite this morning as well! I am interviewing Wed the 23rd in the am session! I am super excited about USF being I am a graduate student already here so hope to continue at USF. Anyone else interviewing on this day?

Good luck too all!! :)))

USF- Interview 3/23
Palm Beach Atlantic- Interview 3/25

yup. 3/23 afternoon USF and 3/25 PBAU as well.

I have the 8am interview too ! :) Not sure how to prepare for this in one day

I already took biochem, and I'm taking cell bio right now because of USF Pharm. They won't let you get by without all the required courses, I asked.

For the lucky ones who were already accepted, did you take biochem and cell biology? Most schools don't require that so, just wondering.

I am going to try and answer a lot of questions with this post and add some insight.

The first class will be ~50 students. In 2012 the class will increase to 75, 2013 it will be 100, it will top out at around 100-120.

I did take Bio chem and Cell Bio :)

It doesn't matter which schools you take your undergrad credits at, however I would recommend USF, a good fraction of the students that were interviewed/accepted went to USF.

The interview process is called MMI (multiple mini interviews) there are 7 rooms each with recorders for video and audio. In each room is 1-2 people that will listen and evaluate your response to a question which was proposed outside of the room. You will be given a 1-3 minute time to think of a response.

This whole process on interview day leading up to the interview and after is very laid back, everyone at the school is very nice. Just remain calm and I hate to sound cliche, but do your best and there is no need to get nervous.

To prepare, I video and audio recorded myself on my laptop and went over the top 30 asked pharmacy questions (these can be found via google). For each question, I tried to generate a 3-5 minute response. I know this sounds like a long time, but trust me it FLIES by! For the first 7 it was a closed interview process, so the interviewers did not know our stats/work history/etc.

I have been sworn to secrecy with the questions I was asked, and honestly don't know if they would even be the same anyways.

I had my interview at USF today!!!:D They are very organized and excited about the pharmacy program! I really liked their interview process too.

Also, for anyone that applied and hasn't heard anything yet, THEY ARE NOT DONE SENDING OUT INTERVIEW INVITES!!!! :)

They will not make any decisions until after the last group interviews. After interviewing, the chances of being accepted are "between 1/2-1/3" so it will not be the same as early decision. Also, I was told today that they had close to 700 apply.
I wish everyone the best of luck!

I had my interview at USF today!!!:D They are very organized and excited about the pharmacy program! I really liked their interview process too.

Also, for anyone that applied and hasn't heard anything yet, THEY ARE NOT DONE SENDING OUT INTERVIEW INVITES!!!! :)

They will not make any decisions until after the last group interviews. After interviewing, the chances of being accepted are "between 1/2-1/3" so it will not be the same as early decision. Also, I was told today that they had close to 700 apply.
I wish everyone the best of luck!

Nice! Thanks for the information! Glad the interview went well, and hopefully we will be meeting eachother in August! Good luck!

Has anyone received an email with a confirmation and date of the interview? I received an email for interview with many dates to choose from, but did not get a reply yet...