2012-2013 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your acceptance! I was wondering what on what date did you get notification that you were on the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance! I was wondering what on what date did you get notification that you were on the waiting list?

Just got accepted via email! I applied as an OOS, although I grew up in tx and my family is still there. Baylor was such a dream for me for a long time and i have a strong attachment to this school, but I think I'm going to be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist. Baylor is an amazing school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted via email! I applied as an OOS, although I grew up in tx and my family is still there. Baylor was such a dream for me for a long time and i have a strong attachment to this school, but I think I'm going to be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone else on the waitlist. Baylor is an amazing school.

mind sharing your stats?

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. Ppl on BCM's waitlist don't lose hope. I too just got accepted today via email. In-state, 35, 3.92. Interviewed in Oct. I am so exited about Baylor and it's my top choice. Will matriculate, and can't wait to see all my future classmates in July~!:love:

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. Ppl on BCM's waitlist don't lose hope. I too just got accepted today via email. In-state, 35, 3.92. Interviewed in Oct. I am so exited about Baylor and it's my top choice. Will matriculate, and can't wait to see all my future classmates in July~!:love:

Congrats ! You'll love it. :)

Might we ask where you would go instead of BCM? Just curious...best of luck anyway! :luck:

After a lot of deliberation, I've decided to decline my acceptance here. It was a tough decision and I hope whoever ends up getting the acceptance will make the most of it.

After a lot of deliberation, I've decided to decline my acceptance here. It was a tough decision and I hope whoever ends up getting the acceptance will make the most of it.

good luck to you! where did you end up deciding to go?

Just withdrew my acceptance here. This was the hardest decision for me to make, but I hope that it would go to one of you in the waiting. Good luck!

Unreal. Got accepted off of the wait list today -- I had pretty much given up hope. Don't lose heart you guys. You never know what can happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unreal. Got accepted off of the wait list today -- I had pretty much given up hope. Don't lose heart you guys. You never know what can happen.

Congrats! I'm still praying! IS/OOS?

Thanks! In state. Interviewed December 14th.

Wait if I have been accepted (and currently plan to attend) another Texas school can I no longer be accepted to BCM?

Just got accepted on 5/16, 31S 3.94 EE major

Most likely will accept. This definitely came out of left field... so excited.

Got the call!!!!! Shaking so badly and started crying, haha. I am so happy to be going to my dream medical school! Hold on to your hope, y'all!

Got the call!!!!! Shaking so badly and started crying, haha. I am so happy to be going to my dream medical school! Hold on to your hope, y'all!

Congrats! Wonderful news. I'm definitely a tiny bit jelly about Baylor students' access to Texas Medical Center. :p

Haven't yet posted here since its been a crazy few days, but got an email at 9pm on Tuesday night with an acceptence!

OOS, Interview in early September. It had been so long I nearly gave up hope!

Haven't yet posted here since its been a crazy few days, but got an email at 9pm on Tuesday night with an acceptence!

OOS, Interview in early September. It had been so long I nearly gave up hope!

Congrats to all the recently accepted folks!! Looking forward to meeting all of you soon!

I'm still feeling super excited about everything, but anxiety is starting to set in. I am so behind! Am I screwed for financial aid? BCM requires so much crap to be sent in... I don't even know what some of it is.

I'm still feeling super excited about everything, but anxiety is starting to set in. I am so behind! Am I screwed for financial aid? BCM requires so much crap to be sent in... I don't even know what some of it is.

No, you're not screwed. Just go through the checklist to the best of your ability. The bottom line is this: once you're accepted, they'll find a way to get you funded.

Hey commander, I am right there with you. I too am scrambling to get fin aid in, find and buy a condo, and move to houston in such a short time frame.

Kinda makes you feel like puking right? Not really kidding.

But its just another step in a long journey my friend, we'll get there!

Just got accepted today. 1st school to be accepted. Matriculating, hallelujah

Just got accepted today. 1st school to be accepted. Matriculating, hallelujah

Dude, this process must have taken years of your life. I truly love to read this type of post. Congrats and enjoy the ride!

congrats to everyone who has recently been accepted! so happy for you! BCM is awesome! :love:

I just got a call from the admissions office offering me an acceptance!! This is my DREAM come true. I've been following this thread religiously over the past year. Thank you to everyone who has been posting! I can't wait to get to Houston!!!

Also, they said they would send me an e-mail with a statement of my acceptance. It did not come immediately - how long does it usually take after the call? I'm probably just being paranoid, but I almost feel like it was a dream!

I really hope I get in here. I'm sending a letter of intent today just in case it helps :xf:

I just got a call from the admissions office offering me an acceptance!! This is my DREAM come true. I've been following this thread religiously over the past year. Thank you to everyone who has been posting! I can't wait to get to Houston!!!

Also, they said they would send me an e-mail with a statement of my acceptance. It did not come immediately - how long does it usually take after the call? I'm probably just being paranoid, but I almost feel like it was a dream!

Congrats! You'll love it here.

It might help! I sent multiple updates & 2 LOI. When he called he said that he was going through my file and noticed in my updates where I was working, etc. Good luck!

So, turns out I only ever had two hep B shots. Any current students know of other students that had issues completing their immunizations before classes started because of late admissions? :(

So, turns out I only ever had two hep B shots. Any current students know of other students that had issues completing their immunizations before classes started because of late admissions? :(

When I started (2010), there were several classmates that had to get titers drawn, vaccinations updated, etc. Unless they've changed things, the employee health people will talk to the class during orientation and you'll arrange for titers and stuff at that time. I think they prefer you get that stuff done ahead of time because it saves time and money on their end.

You can just go get the 3rd one now. It will act as a booster now, just as it would have had you gotten it "on schedule." Having not gotten it only means that at this point in time, you may be more vulnerable to HBV infection than you may have been had you received the 3rd shot.

"Specially for pathology applicants. Be aware that Baylor college of medicine pathology has a long history of firing their residents and fellows. Please also confirm this while your interview. Houston has two great pathology programs, UT Houston and the Methodist. The Methodist is at the top. I am very fortunate that I am not in Baylor. I have seen many pathology residents at Baylor complaining about their miserable lives. I have sympathy for them. Also Baylor has a history that 2 years ago their all seats remained unmatched. The most important thing for the new applicant is to thoroughly search the program before ranking them. THIS IS YOURS ONLY CHANCE."

I recently ran across this post (which was put up in December 2012 by an SDN member who was subsequently banned), and although I agree that this is not the proper forum for this type of comment, as a current BCM Pathology resident, I feel that it had to be addressed, especially if any of you are thinking about attending medical school at Baylor and are considering going into Pathology. For the record, during the last decade, our program has dismissed one resident and one fellow for grossly unprofessional behavior that threatened the quality of patient care. I am personally very happy to have matched into this program for its friendliness, professionalism, and very high quality of training. I hope this settles the matter (and I apologize for this slightly off-topic post).

Last edited:
FREAKING OUT!!! Just got a full tuition & fees scholarship for the next four years! I'm so excited to get to BCM :)

Congrats. Holy Molly. What an accomplishment ! Not many kids get full rides to med school.

FREAKING OUT!!! Just got a full tuition & fees scholarship for the next four years! I'm so excited to get to BCM :)

An already great bargain just got even better for you. Congrats! Based on your excitement about BCM, I'm guessing we'll be seeing you next year. :)

I need to buy a laptop in the next week or so because my old one is officially dead. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about getting a Lenovo Yoga but now I am worried it doesn't have enough storage. What do y'all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.