2012-2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw on grad cafe that they had extended an offer.... does someone mind sharing their POI with me?
I interviewed at KU on 2/11 and received an unofficial offer of admission to the Clinical Child Program via email from the DCT on 2/19 (the day after their second round of interviews). The official offer should come in the mail sometime this week and I will be accepting. Amazing program and I'm beyond excited!! :soexcited: PM me for POI info but the program as a whole (not individual mentors) accepts students and I applied to work with two faculty members so this info may not be so helpful...Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to the Lifespan Developmental Psychology PhD program at Oklahoma State.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from Sam Houston State University - Clinical PhD? the interviews were o the 2/8 and I still haven't heard from them!

Anyone hear back from the U of L's Clinical Psych program yet? I called a few weeks ago and they seemed vague...

Send me a PM if you've heard back with a POI :oops:

I called maryland today and they said the decisions will be mailed "probably within the next two weeks"

Someone on here mentioned that the decisions will be made the 25th? Anyone else have any news?

I called maryland today and they said the decisions will be mailed "probably within the next two weeks"

Someone on here mentioned that the decisions will be made the 25th? Anyone else have any news?
Thanks for the update - all quiet here post interview, and my compulsive checking of grad cafe has yielded nothing.

It looks, from years past on grad cafe, that people have received acceptances in the mail, so I guess there's a reason to watch the mailbox with some small degree of hope.

Thanks for the update - all quiet here post interview, and my compulsive checking of grad cafe has yielded nothing.

It looks, from years past on grad cafe, that people have received acceptances in the mail, so I guess there's a reason to watch the mailbox with some small degree of hope.

glad to hear i'm still not the only one! i haven't heard anything from them!! been checking e-mail, grad cafe..apra site...and my actual mail box...sad.

Accepted an offer from the University of Rhode Island this past Friday (2/22). Definitely excited!!

For those who were waiting to hear about College Park, I just received an acceptance. My POI e-mailed me earlier this afternoon to set up a time to talk on the phone, but said that the official letter, information, etc. will be sent via mail from the graduate school in the next few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard back from Drexel. It's one of my top choices and I just want the wait to be over!

Last edited:
For those who were waiting to hear about College Park, I just received an acceptance. My POI e-mailed me earlier this afternoon to set up a time to talk on the phone, but said that the official letter, information, etc. will be sent via mail from the graduate school in the next few weeks.

thanks for info! any chance you might be willing to PM me your poi? i wonder if everyone heard back today..

if you'd be willing to PM me your POI also, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks so much.

I also received an acceptance from Maryland today!

Anyone heard from Drexel post-interview? Just curious

I heard that a few labs had extended offers as of Friday last week, while others were still pending. That's as far as I know...

Good luck!

I heard that a few labs had extended offers as of Friday last week, while others were still pending. That's as far as I know...

Good luck!

If you know the specific names of the labs that have, would you mind PM them?

I interviewed at Temple over one month ago and have heard nothing. Even if it's a rejection, that seems like quite a bit of time to wait to hear. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Accepted into the Learning & Developmental Sciences Ph.D. program at Indiana University (Human Development Track)!

Accepted into USUHS civilian track. Received a phone call yesterday and I will be accepting.

Did anyone hear back from Sam Houston State University - Clinical PhD? the interviews were o the 2/8 and I still haven't heard from them!

I heard back that I was waitlisted this weekend through letter. Since I am waitlisted I am assuming all offers have been extended.

I interviewed at Temple over one month ago and have heard nothing. Even if it's a rejection, that seems like quite a bit of time to wait to hear. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Some schools don't notify you when you're waitlisted, so you can end up getting an offer after a month has passed (just because that's how long it took for offers before you to get turned down). Other schools will just not let you know that you're rejected (or will do so after April 15th), so you just have to assume that you were rejected if you don't hear anything from them. Either way, if you want to be sure you can always e-mail your POI and inquire about your status.

UW-Milwaukee Clinical PhD. If there are others of you out there, PM me! :)

Has anyone heard from Penn State child clinical post-interview????

I was accepted to the clinical program at the University of Vermont on 2/13!

Has anyone heard back from the Counseling Psychology program at Iowa State University post interview? I interviewed on 2/15, anyone interviewed on 2/22 was informed when they will be sending out their decisions?

Feel free to PM me if needed. Many thanks!

Has anyone heard from Penn State child clinical post-interview????

I haven't! I wrote to my POI to ask if decisions have been made and I haven't heard back...Did you try e-mailing your POI? It would be great to know if someone has heard...I am starting to think that it might be too late...but it's hard to be sure with no info...

Good luck!

Do you know which labs have extended offers? If so, could you PM me with them? Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from university of Georgia post interview for the counseling psych program stating that they have been waitlisted or rejected?
I feel like I'm in an awkward form of limbo!

I haven't! I wrote to my POI to ask if decisions have been made and I haven't heard back...Did you try e-mailing your POI? It would be great to know if someone has heard...I am starting to think that it might be too late...but it's hard to be sure with no info...

I also emailed the person I applied with and never got a response.

I heard back that I was waitlisted this weekend through letter. Since I am waitlisted I am assuming all offers have been extended.

Yea I ended up getting a letter saying i'm on the wait list too... Good luck to both of us! I hope we don't have to wait for much longer :luck:

Hello everyone!

Did anyone hear anything back from the University of Wyoming after interviews yet?? Any acceptances, waitlists, or rejections??

Thanks!!

I also emailed the person I applied with and never got a response.

I can message you my POIs name and maybe you could tell me yours? I'm not really sure what the norm is re applying to applicants e-mails, but it would be nice to figure out what is going on...

Thanks!!

POI called me today to extend an offer of admissions for August 2013!!! So excited!!

mod will you please delete I can't figure out how

Last edited:
To the person who posted on grad cafe they were accepted: do you mind PMing me your POI?

Has anyone heard from University of Northern Colorado? Counseling Psych PhD?

I would also like to know POI for the people who got into Utah please!

Official acceptance from Cleveland State University!!

Last edited: