2012-2013 Ponce School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for anyone who is currently applying to Ponce School of Medicine for 2013 admission.
Let's post any information, questions, concerns and application updates on here! Good luck to everyone!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey fuzzie, are you applying from PR?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to this school. Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet?

Haven't heard anything either. I'm applying from the Mainland.

I called the admissions office yesterday and they said that they will start setting up interviews in 2-3 weeks.

Does the school send out completion emails? I don't want to call and ask if my transcripts are in, don't want to annoyed them.

They do. I suggest you call anyway just in case if you haven't received one and you know you're complete!

Does the school send out completion emails? I don't want to call and ask if my transcripts are in, don't want to annoyed them.

Well, I called today and they told me they received my transcripts last Friday, and everything else was in. Maybe because of the holidays I haven't received the actual completion email. I'll call Monday morning.

Thanks IhopeforMD

Has anyone from the Mainland received and interviewed invite yet?

Last edited:
Any word from Ponce? I haven't heard anything since I got my completing email in December

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered an Interview but I did a lot of calling to facilitate that.

Hi everyone! :) I have to call to confirm for an interview for this Wednesday the 16th and I'm a little anxious.

I was wondering does anyone have any information on how their interviews are like?

Best of luck to all of you!

Hi everyone! :) I have to call to confirm for an interview for this Wednesday the 16th and I'm a little anxious.

I was wondering does anyone have any information on how their interviews are like?

Best of luck to all of you!

Rico, when did they offer you the interview and when was your AMCAS complete?

Umirin, I got the call last week for the interview on wednesday the 16th. They received my application the 26th of November.

My AMCAS was done processing by Nov 20th.*

Last edited:
Congrats, RicoGz!!
Are you from the mainland or from PR by chance?

Congrats. Do you know if you will have an individual or group interview? I know they give both. My application was processed on Sept 20th and received my PSOM on sept. 24. I have an individual interview on the 22nd. I too would like more information if anyone can provide.

I'm really not sure if its group or individual interview.

I spoke with someone who currently attends PSOM and had a group interview and she told me some questions that they asked such as : What stands you apart from the the rest of the current applicants, If you could choose one of the previous applicants to be accepted with you who would it be? Then they asked the prototypical questions such as why do you want to be a doctor and what are your strengths and weaknesses and the current topic question (which was on octomom and your opinion on fertility therapy). I dont know how different the individual interviews are but I would think the line of questioning would be similar.

Anyone out there already interview and waiting to hear back? Do you know when they will send out notifications?

I was interviewed yesterday, I actually asked that question. The admissions committee gets together for the first time next week and the first acceptances should start going out by the end of this month.

RicoGz howd it go and can you give any insight as to what to expect? Im more concerned about any current affair topics that relate simply to the island since Im a mainlander and might have missed something.

My part of the interview went well thank goodness. The interview was pretty standard, the current affair topic was gay marriage and gay rights. I doubt you have to be concered about getting a topic only related to PR, they didn't seem that evil :D.

Good luck!!

This may be a silly question, and I googled it but just want to make sure: Do the PR medical schools open tomorrow (MLK Holiday)?

I forgot to add any institution will be closed whenever its a federal holiday in addition to state holidays.

That's what I thought :/ I just wanted to confirm. Thank you for the info!

RicoGz howd it go and can you give any insight as to what to expect? Im more concerned about any current affair topics that relate simply to the island since Im a mainlander and might have missed something.

Sylkmatic, are you from the states? Did they tell you when you should hear back if accepted/rejected/waitlisted??

Yes I am from the states. Ponce has said that it should be about 2 weeks to hear from them concerning any decisions.

Hi everyone! I got accepted at PSM. I received the letter last Thursday (Jan 24, 2013). My interview was on Dec 18, 2012. :D

Congrats!!! was the letter through mail or e-mail??? Will you be attending Ponce?:thumbup:

Hi everyone! I got accepted at PSM. I received the letter last Thursday (Jan 24, 2013). My interview was on Dec 18, 2012. :D

Congrats! Wish you the best in your endeavors.

tulipa did you interview with UCC or anyone else?

Hey everybody!

I'll be interviewing next Tuesday with Ponce! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

Has anybody else heard back from Ponce after their interview?

I got an email confirming acceptance and letting me know that they're mailing me a letter tomorrow! I'm just waiting to hear back from SJB an UCC now.

Good luck everyone!

I got an email confirming acceptance and letting me know that they're mailing me a letter tomorrow! I'm just waiting to hear back from SJB an UCC now.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats

Congrats! When did you interview?

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! I had a one-on-one interview on Jan 25th. Good luck everyone!

I interviewed right before you. I hope this means Ill find out soon. Thanks for the info and congrats again.

I interviewed the 24th. I hope to hear soon, however, I'm expecting the worse lol.