2012-2013 Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for anyone who is currently applying to Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine for 2013 admission.
Let's post any information, questions, concerns and application updates on here! Good luck to everyone!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone received any feedback from UCC? How serious are the language requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
No feedback yet. I think they start the process in December. I've heard the Spanish requirements are serious and the interview is in Spanish. Just what I've been told, though. You should call and ask just in case.

Same here, haven't heard back yet.

I haven't gotten in touch with them and haven't heard anything either. This month, maybe, we will.

I applied and got a letter letting me know what I was missing for my application. Nothing since though. Anyone else hear anything?

I spoke to someone on the phone today. They start interviews in January.

I've heard that also. I've also heard they start inviting for interviews at the end of this month.

Does anybody know any statistic percentage or any type of information whatsoever regarding the interview process?

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright.... we should be hearing about interviews any day now. Right?

I would hope so!!! They wen't back to work today.

I spoke with someone today. She told me the committee meets next week and that interviews are given only on Fridays.

I had an interview today. They are offering them on Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings. Just so you know they have discarded the traditional individual and group interview for a 5 station round robin style interview. It was interesting to say the least.

When did they tell you you had an interview? I haven't heard anything from them in ages.

I was told on jan 8th that They would start contacting individuals by the 15th. I was one of those contacted on last Wednesday the 16.

I'm still waiting to hear from them but I'm hopeful. I'm thinking its quite early in the process for UCC.

I came down to PR for an interview at SJB. I had e-mailed Ponce the week before, but hadn't got a response. So, when I landed I called Ponce and UCC about setting up interviews. UCC has me interviewing this Friday morning. Still waiting to hear back from Ponce.

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Good Luck with your interviews. I had mine with Ponce and UCC over this past week. I didnt apply to SJB as I was never impressed with their facilities (My parents live up the road in Cidra).

I've heard the Spanish requirements are serious and the interview is in Spanish.
12a2.jpg

The spanish part is important but they accomodate you if you speak English better. They have changed the interview process as it now includes English and Spanish portions but I think they would favor if you tried to speak mainly in spanish (even if this means butchering your grammar) instead of relying simply on English as most patients during clinicals will speak mainly spanish.

Can someone who has interviewed recently share their experiences please? What is this new format they are using? How could we prepare for it? Thank you!!!!

The new format is awesome! I've done interviews like these before and I love them. I did the majority of it in spanish, but english is my first language, so I imagine that's why I had no specific "english" section. I think the best advice is to know that you're going to be thrown into 4 hypothetical situations. Only one of these situations has you as a doctor or evaluating medical situation.

There's no real way to "prepare". If you went in and knew before - I think it would be obvious. You can't over think it. I really think they just want to see how you naturally react to the given situations. They just want to see who you are and how you think about things in life. Not necessarily in medicine.

Last edited:
The new format is awesome! I done interviews like these before and I love them. I did the majority of it in spanish, but english is my first language, so I imagine that's why I had no specific "english" section. I think the best advice is to know that you're going to be thrown into 4 hypothetical situations. Only one of these situations has you as a doctor or evaluating medical situation.

There's no real way to "prepare". If you went in and knew before - I think it would be obvious. You can't over think it. I really think they just want to see how you naturally react to the given situations. They just want to see who you are and how you think about things in life. Not necessarily in medicine.

Thanks, Reese! You're awesome!!!

I believe the new interview format is called "Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)"

Can someone please tell me if the MMIs for this interviewed required any acting? Or was it just responding to questions? Thanks!!

They did have an act out a situation portion.

Thank you! I'm really nervous now!!! I can't imagine myself acting out anything that requires too much emotion. That's the kind of thing that just comes naturally. Any tips on what I can do to prepare??

Just be sincere! LOL I think its better if you dont know so you dont come across stiff and over acted.

Just be sincere! LOL I think its better if you dont know so you dont come across stiff and over acted.

Lol ok!! Did you shake everyone's hand before you started each interview (weird question, I know!) and was everything in Spanish?? Thank you!

I shook everyone's hand and introduced myself. and No everything was not in spanish so I spoke Spanish for the Spanish parts and English for the English parts.

I shook everyone's hand and introduced myself. and No everything was not in spanish so I spoke Spanish for the Spanish parts and English for the English parts.

Ok great. Thanks for all your help!

Has anyone who interviewed with UCC recently received anything yet?

Has anyone who interviewed with UCC recently received anything yet?

There is a minimum of a three week waiting period from the day you had the interview, that's when applicants should hear a response from UCC.

There is a minimum of a three week waiting period from the day you had the interview, that's when applicants should hear a response from UCC.
Its not a minimum its a maximum. I thought the handout stated if you had not heard from them within three weeks to make contact with the school.

Its not a minimum its a maximum. I thought the handout stated if you had not heard from them within three weeks to make contact with the school.

You're right, I misspoke. This is what the handout said "Usted debe esperar una contestación sobre decisión en un término aproximado de 3 semanas o menos."

Sorry about that.

Yeah, they explained to us that the admissions committee meets every two weeks, thus the three week max.

I wonder when we will be receiving letters?! I'm nervous!! Good luck to us all and to those still waiting for interviews!!

I just got an email letting me know the admissions committee I sending out letters starting today. Good luck everyone!!

I was planning on calling within the next couple of days...but this does create some anxiety now.

And check your spam mail. Try not to worry. Maybe it was mistake that they didn't send it to you.

I was planning on calling within the next couple of days...but this does create some anxiety now.

Status
Not open for further replies.