2012-2013 Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - the email didn't say anything about being accepted. It just said that decision letters were starting to be sent. If you're outside of the three weeks I would give then a call. This Friday will mark three weeks for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Also - the email didn't say anything about being accepted. It just said that decision letters were starting to be sent. If you're outside of the three weeks I would give then a call. This Friday will mark three weeks for me.

Exactly, so don't worry too much. Maybe they are sending the emails in batches. A few at a time each week. And the letter could be an acceptance/rejection/hold/waitlist.

Exactly, so don't worry too much. Maybe they are sending the emails in batches. A few at a time each week. And the letter could be an acceptance/rejection/hold/waitlist.

Yea I'm just a worrywart, but I planned on contacting them anyways since I had not heard from them and it has been 4 weeks since my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea they were working on interviews in the morning and no answer in the afternoon. BAH!

Oh ok. Call Tuesday morning then. Good luck!!! And don't be discouraged. Until there is a rejection letter on your lap, you are still in the game. And that goes for everyone as well as myself. This process is very stressful and unpredictable.

Oh ok. Call Tuesday morning then. Good luck!!! And don't be discouraged. Until there is a rejection letter on your lap, you are still in the game. And that goes for everyone as well as myself. This process is very stressful and unpredictable.

For sure. But Ill tell you what the anxiety sucks lol.

For sure. But Ill tell you what the anxiety sucks lol.

I can imagine, trust me! But I guess it's part of the process. Let us know if you are able to get in contact with anyone tomorrow.

I can imagine, trust me! But I guess it's part of the process. Let us know if you are able to get in contact with anyone tomorrow.

Well so much for a 3 week time frame. Talked to admissions today and they havent reviewed my file and would review it at the next Committee meeting next week...and the waiting continues...:eek:.

Well so much for a 3 week time frame. Talked to admissions today and they havent reviewed my file and would review it at the next Committee meeting next week...and the waiting continues...:eek:.

Oh wow :/ at least now you know, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!

IhopeforMD - it came in a large envelope and was a pretty big packet with all the details of the school and admissions. Now I'm just waiting to hear from SJB.

Can someone please comment on the accreditation issue for UCC? I've read in past threads that they were having some issues but are still fully accredited. Although they haven't had their visit yet from LCME.

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to intrude on everyone but I wanted to see if I have a chance of acceptance into Universidad Caribe de Central Medical Program. I have a bachelor's degree in Chemistry and have a undergraduate GPA of 2.80 and my science GPA is a 3.0. I have volunteered for a clinical pharmacy for three years. I did undergraduate research for a year and have plenty of extra curricular activity experience. I am currently earning my Master's degree in Education and I hope to apply to the university the next cycle. Once again I am sorry for intruding and thank you for your help.

Have you taken the MCAT and do you speak Spanish? Depending on this two things I think you could have a shot at any (except UPR) of the PR schools.

Sorry for the late posting. I do speak Spanish but I have not taken the MCAT yet. I am aiming to take it in August. It sounds like UCC has great interactions with the professors and students, and great clinical rotation exposure. Thank you for your help.

Anyone that got accepted planning to attend for sure?

Hello everyone,

How long was the interview day and what should I expect? Thanks.

Has anyone heard from admissions in the last week? Or know when the committee is meeting again?

Has anyone heard from admissions in the last week? Or know when the committee is meeting again?

They meet every 2 weeks I think. So since they met about 2 weeks ago, they should be meeting this week again, I think. I'm not 100% sure. You should call and ask, just to make sure.

I ended up calling while I had a break and they are meeting Thursday.

Can someone please comment on the accreditation issue for UCC? I've read in past threads that they were having some issues but are still fully accredited. Although they haven't had their visit yet from LCME.
Also curious about UCC accreditation. Anyone know anything about UCC vs SJB for residency match?

I DID NOTICE THAT! Their yearly estimate has jumped to levels higher than Ponce's! I think I remember reading that they were on the verge of some financial issues. I guess this is a way to remedy that? #thisishowrumorsarestarted

I've heard that all PR schooled are struggling financially and have all increased/will increase tuition. It's just something I've read in other threads, so I'm not sure how reliable it is?

Where are you guys getting the new tuition info from? Could someone post the cost and breakdown for residents/non residents?

Edit: found it

Last edited:
Has anyone recieved a response lately from the school??? I interviewed the first week of February and still haven't heard anything. I'm SO anxious!!!

Has anyone recieved a response lately from the school??? I interviewed the first week of February and still haven't heard anything. I'm SO anxious!!!

You should call and ask if they have reviewed your file, or when the committee is meeting again.

You should call and ask if they have reviewed your file, or when the committee is meeting again.

I just called and they told me they started sending out letters today. So hopefully, by the end of this week or next week I will receive a response.

Hey guys! I finally recieved a letter, but got waitlisted. I know it's better than a rejection, but it's still a bit frustrating. I still have my hopes up though!

Has anyone else received a response?!

Hey guys! I finally recieved a letter, but got waitlisted. I know it's better than a rejection, but it's still a bit frustrating. I still have my hopes up though!

Has anyone else received a response?!

yes, I'm waitlisted too,I received the letter march 8. when did u received yours?

yes, I'm waitlisted too,I received the letter march 8. when did u received yours?
I received it today :/
Are you applying to other schools? If so, have you received a response?

This is what is killing me. I keep calling and keep being told to wait but people who have interviewed before and after me have already received a response. Im almost nervous that they lost my file.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back/waitlist!!!

I have a question: i got the email a few weeks ago about the background check for SJB and filled it out and it was released to the school. When I got accepted at UCC, I didn't receive the email. Is it because once you fill it out once for another school, you don't have to do it again? Like UCC would have automatically received it once they accepted me?

Thanks in advance!

Early to mid last week.

Why don't you try emailing Irma, not Edllian? I have a feeling Irma would know more about your application than Edllian. Or is that who you have been speaking with?

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back/waitlist!!!

I have a question: i got the email a few weeks ago about the background check for SJB and filled it out and it was released to the school. When I got accepted at UCC, I didn't receive the email. Is it because once you fill it out once for another school, you don't have to do it again? Like UCC would have automatically received it once they accepted me?

Thanks in advance!
Exactly. If you look at the e-mail you got from the people that do the background check, they say one or more of the schools you applied you has provisionally accepted you. One size fits all! haha

~Reese

Exactly. If you look at the e-mail you got from the people that do the background check, they say one or more of the schools you applied you has provisionally accepted you. One size fits all! haha

~Reese

Ok great! Just making sure :) thanks, Reese!

Why don't you try emailing Irma, not Edllian? I have a feeling Irma would know more about your application than Edllian. Or is that who you have been speaking with?

Thats who I spoke with.

Did anyone who was waitlisted receive a background check consent request? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.