2012-2013 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaalso rejected this morning, interviewed here last year and this year and was rejected both times, super bummer but good luck to everyone still in the running!

Members don't see this ad.

So they are emailing people rejection letters?That's interesting. I'm sitting on the dumb waitlist but honestly while I feel bad for those who have been rejected (I'm really sorry), in one sense it is nice to have closure and be done with it right?
It definitely is a weight off my shoulders. I've been expecting bad news since May rolled around but it's nice to finally know and move on.

For those on the waitlist, hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Also got rejected last night. I was surprised that they sent out an email also.

It was definitely sad to be rejected, however, it is such a relief cuz I don't need to keep checking my status mutiple times per day :p lol maybe I will apply again.

hope everyone else will hear back from them soon :

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Checked my email this morning. Rejected. Oh well, at least I finally know.

I'll be heading to UCSD. How about you guys?

Nice. I won't be able to stay in CA. I'm headed to Toledo in Ohio...unless St. Louis University decides to take me off their waitlist. Enjoy the beach, man.

Just got accepted, bleeeerrg. If only they sent it 2 months earlier. Will most likely withdraw.

Just got accepted, bleeeerrg. If only they sent it 2 months earlier. Will most likely withdraw.

Yeah this delayed process is ridiculous. Congrats though! Were you on the waitlist or just straight up accepted?

Just got accepted, no WL, interviewed on January.. something. Farrrr too late, I'll be withdrawing, which will hopefully open up a seat for someone else on here!

Just got accepted, no WL, interviewed on January.. something. Farrrr too late, I'll be withdrawing, which will hopefully open up a seat for someone else on here!

Congrats to you too! Where you going? Seems like they lose a lot of good applicants by waiting forever

Yeah this delayed process is ridiculous. Congrats though! Were you on the waitlist or just straight up accepted?

No waitlist for me and I interviewed what seemed like years ago. I had actually written UCLA off as a rejection. And thanks for the congrats, hopefully someone else gets this spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Those of us still waiting are curious...were you officially put on a waitlist before you got accepted?
Was on waitlist without ranking. I was under the impression they made a few calls that morning when I spoke to the person who called me.

How many days do you get to decide/accept if you're already accepted at another school?

Accepted yesterday. beyond crazy happy right now. I hope I didn't freak out the admissions lady on the phone when I called to verify it was for reals :p

@calistizo: does it say when you have to accept by? I know after the may deadline you have 2 weeks?

Just got in!!!!!! So excited, there is still hope for wait listers!

Quite a bit of movement recently! I wonder if there will be more...cross fingers!

Quite a bit of movement recently! I wonder if there will be more...cross fingers!

There might still be some. There were offers given out at the end of last week. Hang in there!

Class begins on Monday right? Show a waitlisted candidate (with no acceptances) still have any hope? Or is the class full?

Class begins on Monday right? Show a waitlisted candidate (with no acceptances) still have any hope? Or is the class full?

Orientation starts on this upcoming Monday. The first day of school starts the follow Monday. I believe up until the first week of school is when something can happen but your best option at this point is to call the admissions office and see what your specific scenario looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.