2012-2013 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that does help.

Does your account still show a server error? I think that has happened in the past cycles as well.

Yup it does...I'm hoping it's fixed by tomorrow if not I'll wait a couple days before asking them about it.

Members don't see this ad.

No secondary invite D:
Cause for concern? Submitted on first day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, still waiting. It seems like a few people got the secondary Monday, and that was it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we're fine, since SF usually gives out an "AMCAS received" email to everyone, no matter if they get the secondary or not. At least I hope...

AMCAS received and secondary invite emails came at the same time earlier today. OOS, verified 6/7.

Nope, still waiting. It seems like a few people got the secondary Monday, and that was it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we're fine, since SF usually gives out an "AMCAS received" email to everyone, no matter if they get the secondary or not. At least I hope...

I received the 'AMCAS Received' and Secondary Invite emails yesterday (Tuesday, July 11th) FYI.

Love the city, love the school. wish they showed me some love with email ;)

No way!!! Secondary request! I wasn't expecting this at all haha it made my morning! Logged on fully expecting a sorry no thanks email :D

Just received secondary request too! Hopefully I get some in-state love.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't write anything because I had nothing to add. Is this okay? I hope it actually is optional to write something... :/

goodness! are they releasing secondaries one by one or something?

Does anyone else get the "Internal Server Error" after creating an account? I'm wondering if I should call them...

Did anyone get something this afternoon? Or did they just send secondaries in the morning?

Do they send emails to their best applicants first and then gradually start emailing the others, or is that process random? Anyone know?

Edit: If I haven't gotten the email, does that mean that they haven't yet even seen my application? I hope so! I hope that it's not that they have seen my application and decided to put it to the side... :(

Last edited:
Does anyone else get the "Internal Server Error" after creating an account? I'm wondering if I should call them...

I haven't even gotten an email yet, but if I were in your shoes, I would call them. You wouldn't want a technology error to get in the way of your application.

Got the "AMCAS verified" and invite to secondary at exactly the same time this morning (11am pst). I was verified before June 29.

Still waiting for a secondary invite, but definitely a long shot with my uGPA.

Dream school, should I apply?

OOS, 3.83, 3.74, top 5 undergrad, only 33S mcat

No secondary encourages me too but don't want to waste money

If it's really your dream school, go for it. In the end you'll be out what, $94? That's nothing compared to what your med school education will cost.

Got my secondary this morning. Not sure if I should include anything on the additional info part since I feel that I really gave my all on the primary and not much has changed since then. Excited to fill out the stuff for the PRIME program, though.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten secondaries!

Did anyone get something today? This process of just waiting around for an email from UCSF is truly driving me crazy.

I'm still waiting around for my AMCAS app to verify...but it sounds like folks are able to see the PRIME-US questions. Could someone post them, pretty please?

I just got the "AMCAS received" email this afternoon.. so relieved! :xf:

has everyone gotten this? When did you verify AMCAS? I've been verified since 6/7...but no AMCAS received email. Should I be calling to check?

has everyone gotten this? When did you verify AMCAS? I've been verified since 6/7...but no AMCAS received email. Should I be calling to check?

I've been verified since the same day and I haven't received it. Starting to worry myself. Should we call?

I've been verified since the same day and I haven't received it. Starting to worry myself. Should we call?

They just probably haven't got around to it yet since. I'm sure they received it.

Submitted 6/5, verified 6/6, no email received yet.

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I noticed that some of the first people to get secondaries had really strong stats. I'm wondering if UCSF really sorted the apps by GPA/MCAT and are going through them in that order...

My cGPA is 3.75, sGPA is 3.68, MCAT is 34.

Those stats are good, I interviewed last year during Sept with similar numbers.

Good luck!

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I noticed that some of the first people to get secondaries had really strong stats. I'm wondering if UCSF really sorted the apps by GPA/MCAT and are going through them in that order...

I don't think thats the case. Our stats are really, really similar, and I got a secondary invite on the 11th or 12th. 3.76 cum/3.68 sci, 33 mcat. I'm in state though so maybe thats the difference?

I don't think thats the case. Our stats are really, really similar, and I got a secondary invite on the 11th or 12th. 3.76 cum/3.68 sci, 33 mcat. I'm in state though so maybe thats the difference?

I'm in state as well. Thanks for posting this! I was worried that my stats would get me screened out, but I guess not.

Yeah my cGPA/sGPA is 3.6, MCAT is a 38S. In-state, non-traditional with about 3 years post-college work experience. I'm hoping I won't get screened out--it's nerve wracking getting all these other secondaries but having silence from my dream school. I feel like my LOR's are really strong so I hope they can read them :) give me a chance UCSF!

Yeah my cGPA/sGPA is 3.6, MCAT is a 38S. In-state, non-traditional with about 3 years post-college work experience. I'm hoping I won't get screened out--it's nerve wracking getting all these other secondaries but having silence from my dream school. I feel like my LOR's are really strong so I hope they can read them :) give me a chance UCSF!

I think you'll be fine. Your MCAT score is strong. They claim to do a holistic review, so the other parts of your application should help you out. You may not get an invite minutes after they send the "received AMCAS" email, but I would be very surprised if you didn't get a secondary.

Best of luck!

No secondary yet either.

OOS; cGPA: 3.9+; sGPA: 3.9+; 38 MCAT

Just wanted to say you have ridiculously psycho stats.

No secondary yet either. IS, way lower stats ha

AMCAS verified since 6/8 and all LORs received by AMCAS before 6/29.

No AMCAS received email. Are they still downloading them all or did something get messed up along the way?

AMCAS verified since 6/8 and all LORs received by AMCAS before 6/29.

No AMCAS received email. Are they still downloading them all or did something get messed up along the way?

My AMCAS was verified 6/7. and I just got the AMCAS received email! PRAYING for a secondary!!!

I also just got the AMCAS received e-mail. Verified 6/28.

Now, I know some people got their verification and their secondary e-mail at the same time, but how many people got their UCSF AMCAS received e-mail and haven't gotten a secondary yet?

Even better, are there people who didn't get both the verification and the secondary in the same day?

I just called admissions. I've been verified since mid June, but they said they haven't received it yet. So don't freak out about not having received secondaries just yet.

Now, I know some people got their verification and their secondary e-mail at the same time, but how many people got their UCSF AMCAS received e-mail and haven't gotten a secondary yet?

Even better, are there people who didn't get both the verification and the secondary in the same day?

If you look at last year's thread, some people had a wait of up to two weeks between "AMCAS received" and the secondary invite.

If you look at last year's thread, some people had a wait of up to two weeks between "AMCAS received" and the secondary invite.

Yeah and if you look @DrDestroyMD got the secondary invite a day at least a day later. come on UCSF!!

Awesome! Thanks. Guess all we can do is settle in and wait, then.

Just got both the "AMCAS Received" email and a secondary invite, 3.9cGPA, 3.9sGPA, 41 MCAT, in-state
verified 6/26

Last edited:
AMCAS received today, but no secondary either...

i finally got the "received application" and secondary emails today. ahhh i love this school

I have had the AMCAS received and ability to log-in to the page for a while now but no secondary. My guess would be that they give secondaries automatically to those with really high stats (as I have seen from this thread). They will then evaluate the rest of us to see what else we can bring to the table. Here's to hoping anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.