2012-2013 University of Michigan Application Thread - Allopathic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk943821

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2012-2013 Applicants! I can't believe no one has started this thread yet! Umich is my top choice. Anyone else out there?

Members don't see this ad.

What makes UMich your top choice? I am in love with the school as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive done all my research on this place...and you can just tell that the quality of education is awesome and most importantly there's a real teacher-student bond there that's unique...Ann Arbor also seems to be an amazing city too! what about you?

Damn, I knew Umich liked to do things early, but I had no idea they did things THIS early.

ive done all my research on this place...and you can just tell that the quality of education is awesome and most importantly there's a real teacher-student bond there that's unique...Ann Arbor also seems to be an amazing city too! what about you?

It is honestly the quality of the education that drives me there. I've had the chance to interview at some outstanding institutions, but I have the gut feeling that UMich would be stellar at helping me become a competent and responsible physician. I think their "Foundations of Medical Practice and Clinical Skills" curriculum is solid. While a lot of people don't like the weekly quiz systems, I believe it will keep me on top of my studies and help hammer in the material.

Also, while UMich is ranked #10 by US News, it is ranked even higher by the "residency directors" list of medical school graduates. I place a lot of weigh on real life outcomes, and believe there is a reason that residency directors choose UMich graduates for the top programs year after year. This preference might be indicative of the quality of the clinical education.

It is honestly the quality of the education that drives me there. I've had the chance to interview at some outstanding institutions, but I have the gut feeling that UMich would be stellar at helping me become a competent and responsible physician.

I agree, especially on the part about your gut feeling. Based on everything I read, I know that UMich can help me access my full potential to be a great MD (as fruity but accurate as that sounds). In addition, they also have great programs for med students such as Global REACH and Health Equity that allow you to become actively involved globally or in your community (which really appeals to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.