**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Wright Institute
Clinical PsyD
Email/Letter from Dean

Members don't see this ad.

If the person who was accepted to USC on 3/23 is on here, would you be willing to PM me with your POI and any more details on the situation? Had you been waitlisted, or was this the first you heard from them?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of weird, but I just received an email from Texas A&M with a letter indicating I was accepted for a fellowship and detailing my award package, but I haven't heard from anybody in over a month about actually being accepted.
Anyway,

Program: Texas A&M University Clinical Psychology PhD
Method of Notification: Email from program coordinator
Date: 3/26/12

Last edited:
Program: North Dakota State University Clinical Science PhD
Method of Notification: Email from POI
Date 3/26/12

Program: University of Arizona, School Psychology PhD
Notification: Personalized e-mail from DCT
Date: 2/28/12

If anyone else is considering going or knows anything about the program, please reply or PM me :) thanks in advance

Actually, yes! Emailed him yesterday and he got back to me today saying that he offered someone else the position and they accepted. Congrats to them! Excited about heading to U of Louisville this Fall!! :)

Congratulations!!!

Just received a phone call from my POI at the University of Florida offering me an acceptance from their waitlist!! Official notification will come by email in the next few days.

Very happy girl!!!

Just received a phone call from my POI at the University of Florida offering me an acceptance from their waitlist!! Official notification will come by email in the next few days.

Very happy girl!!!

Congrats! Did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if LIU has extended all of their offers yet? There hasn't been much talk on here or TGC about LIU. I interviewed back in February, but haven't heard a thing since.

I recommend calling LIU. I called last week and I was told I was on a wait list and that I should have received a letter in the mail. This week came, and still no letter. Therefore, I called again and asked for an email copy of the letter - which I have now received. Basically the letter says I am an alternate and asks me to let them know if I am still interested.

HELP I am deciding between American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy, The Chicago School and Roosevelt.

HELP I am deciding between American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy, The Chicago School and Roosevelt.

Out of these three, I think Roosevelt has the best reputation and student outcomes. And, their cohort size is ~20, which isn't too huge. I think they have a decent APA internship match rate too, but that info should be on the website.

Rosevelt

Out of these three, I think Roosevelt has the best reputation and student outcomes. And, their cohort size is ~20, which isn't too huge. I think they have a decent APA internship match rate too, but that info should be on the website.

The only problem is I really want to be in DC... is it worth it?

The only problem is I really want to be in DC... is it worth it?

Go for reputation over location. What's the point of going to graduate school if you can't get an internship, job, etc? Not trying to imply that this would definitely happen if you professional school but you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage before you even start.

Go for reputation over location. What's the point of going to graduate school if you can't get an internship, job, etc? Not trying to imply that this would definitely happen if you professional school but you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage before you even start.

Yeah definitely am considering that. The only thing that's making me question that is I've heard the DC Argosy is actually quite good...

Yeah definitely am considering that. The only thing that's making me question that is I've heard the DC Argosy is actually quite good...

Yeah, I can't help you there. I don't know anything about DC Argosy. But I do know the general reputation of professional schools and it's not good.

I can tell you that with the other well respected programs in the DC area (GMU, American, GW, Catholic, UMD, Howard, Gallaudet) Argosy does not get the pick of prac opportunities. I actually beat out one of their 4th year doc students for a prac placement as a Master's student in a terminal program. Food for thought.

I can tell you that with the other well respected programs in the DC area (GMU, American, GW, Catholic, UMD, Howard, Gallaudet) Argosy does not get the pick of prac opportunities. I actually beat out one of their 4th year doc students for a prac placement as a Master's student in a terminal program. Food for thought.

Do you happen to know if any of these places have late application deadlines? or Spring term start?

someone posted an acceptance to Wisconsin-Milwaukee clinical phd on TGC. If this person is here, could you PM me? Thanks and congrats!

Do you happen to know if any of these places have late application deadlines? or Spring term start?

To my knowledge they do not. AFAIK they are on the typical doctoral application schedule.

I was not given an interview for the Pace School-Clinical Psy.D. program. I actually have not received anything from them, even a rejection. Is anyone else in the same situation? I am assuming I am rejected but would like to be notified so I can cross it off my list. Aren't all programs supposed to notify applicants on their decision by April 1st?

I was not given an interview for the Pace School-Clinical Psy.D. program. I actually have not received anything from them, even a rejection. Is anyone else in the same situation? I am assuming I am rejected but would like to be notified so I can cross it off my list. Aren't all programs supposed to notify applicants on their decision by April 1st?

Pretty sure it is April 15th, not April 1st.

Well, iirc, schools tell their first picks by April 1 and those students have until April 15 to say yes or no. It's not so structured for wait list/alternate list students. I don't think they have to reject you within that timeframe either. I've read on here people getting their official rejections quite late... It would be better to know sooner though!

Accepting of offer for University of Denver's PsyD.

hoping to meet some people from the cohort soon:)

Congrats, are you going there?
yup!! They are considering me for the accelerated track, although I'm missing one class they wanted me to have, so I'm not sure if I'll start in July or late August. I think there are a couple of us on here!