2013-2014 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had you already received a financial package before and then after you sent in the $300 deposit, they notified you got a scholarship package?
I haven't submitted the financial aid form, so my best guess is that they were unsure of my interest or have some rule that they can't send scholarship offers without the deposit, but it could've just been a coincidence too.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't submitted the financial aid form, so my best guess is that they were unsure of my interest or have some rule that they can't send scholarship offers without the deposit, but it could've just been a coincidence too.
Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Committee has Monday blues. Later this week probably.

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at last year's post, the last acceptance went out on the 22nd. I think acceptances have been given out the past week or so; it's just that the accepted students either don't use SDN or didn't post.

Had you already received a financial package before and then after you sent in the $300 deposit, they notified you got a scholarship package?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They can offer a scholarship with the phone call acceptance offer, before any deposit is paid...and scholarships are surely still available in May

Looking at last year's post, the last acceptance went out on the 22nd. I think acceptances have been given out the past week or so; it's just that the accepted students either don't use SDN or didn't post.
We are almost a week behind last year on acceptances though on the thread. Though that could just be an error rate due to the small sampling size.

What's terrible is that I keep on getting scam calls from Houston, TX with 713 area code... I pick them all up thinking it's Baylor.

Reactions: 1 user
What's terrible is that I keep on getting scam calls from Houston, TX with 713 area code... I pick them all up thinking it's Baylor.
and they're not even the same numbers... just the same area code *sigh* and they leave a voice mail sometimes lol.

$1 each for anyone who withdraws their application XD

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it safe to assume that everyone left has now been rejected? Anyone from the school have any idea after talking to the admissions office?

Hey guys - sorry this is delayed. I got accepted yesterday afternoon off of the waitlist by phonecall. I can't even begin to describe how shocked/excited/nervous/ecstatic I feel right now, and I know that I've been checking this thread every day for news, and I'm sure a lot of you have too. I felt like I needed to tell you guys that the waitlist is indeed moving, and has been for a while based on the Facebook group. Hang in there. I have no idea if they're done or not (pre-empting the question), I just know that I've never felt so lucky in my whole life.

Good luck y'all, and see you in July class of 2018!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Stats?? I'm applying this new cycle and I hope I can at least interview!!

Hey guys - sorry this is delayed. I got accepted yesterday afternoon off of the waitlist by phonecall. I can't even begin to describe how shocked/excited/nervous/ecstatic I feel right now, and I know that I've been checking this thread every day for news, and I'm sure a lot of you have too. I felt like I needed to tell you guys that the waitlist is indeed moving, and has been for a while based on the Facebook group. Hang in there. I have no idea if they're done or not (pre-empting the question), I just know that I've never felt so lucky in my whole life.

Good luck y'all, and see you in July class of 2018!!! :)

Congrats! I stalked and saw we both got IIs on the same day... Hopefully there is more wait list movement

Since it's been pretty quiet around here lately, I called the admissions office this morning. They said "If you haven't received a notice saying the class is full or received notice that you are no longer being considered, then you are still in the mix to potentially receive a spot." They obviously don't know how many more spots will be offered or how late they will offer spots, but it could be right up until school starts. Just wanted everyone to know you shouldn't give up hope just yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Since it's been pretty quiet around here lately, I called the admissions office this morning. They said "If you haven't received a notice saying the class is full or received notice that you are no longer being considered, then you are still in the mix to potentially receive a spot." They obviously don't know how many more spots will be offered or how late they will offer spots, but it could be right up until school starts. Just wanted everyone to know you shouldn't give up hope just yet.
I'm a newbie to this since I apply next year, but don't you have to have officially "declared" your school at some point?

I'm a newbie to this since I apply next year, but don't you have to have officially "declared" your school at some point?

Yes, but say an OOS applicant gets an acceptance off the waitlist somewhere else, they could still pick them over Baylor. If an in state applicant gets an acceptance from out of state (cant get accepted to a texas school if theyre holding a texas acceptance after June 1st) and they leave to that school, an instate applicant without an acceptance could get into Baylor.

give up now?

Got the 'our class is complete' email this morning. The waiting is over...