2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a 3.43 gpa and a 36 MCAT and am OOS, are my chances really low or kind of okay? Thanks everyone :)

Your numbers are fine. Drexel takes a holistic approach so your things outside of the classroom become very important.

Just received the secondary.

Looks very easy to fill out.

Has your education to date been continuous?
Yes No

Please give details about any interruption or time away from your education, which includes the time since graduation. Detail your activities for each year away from school.

(No character limit mentioned)

If you are submitting a personal statement for the M.D./M.P.H.program, please use the space below, or attach a separate sheet to this application.

(No character limit mentioned here as well)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the secondary.

Looks very easy to fill out.

Has your education to date been continuous?
YesNo

Please give details about any interruption or time away from your education, which includes the time since graduation. Detail your activities for each year away from school.

(No character limit mentioned)

If you are submitting a personal statement for the M.D./M.P.H.program, please use the space below, or attach a separate sheet to this application.

(No character limit mentioned here as well)

When were you verified?

Ooo, I guess there will be something for me to write then. I had been expecting a simple no-essay haha. This is good though. More room to explain my situation.

Ooo, I guess there will be something for me to write then. I had been expecting a simple no-essay haha. This is good though. More room to explain my situation.

What is the question?

Darn it; I'm not that much of a fan of the medical schools dishing out iPads trend, if only because I already bought one a while ago. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
still no secondary and this is the last school I am applying to

Completed all my secondaries except for this school. Just send it already!

Anyone applying MD/PhD? It says we need to create a PhD app, but there doesn't seem to be anything for 2014-2015 that I can add for a PhD?

When I click "Save Incomplete Form" I get kicked out of the site and my information is deleted? It only started happening in the work section. Anybody else having this issue?

When I click "Save Incomplete Form" I get kicked out of the site and my information is deleted? It only started happening in the work section. Anybody else having this issue?

Save incomplete form every time you enter something new because if you wait too long it will logout and delete whatever you entered.

Save incomplete form every time you enter something new because if you wait too long it will logout and delete whatever you entered.

Oh wow...I thought I was doing that. 5ish minutes must be too long. Wasn't expecting that.

OHHH,

I thought the .(point) was associated with the 5 as in 0.5min.

Ha, I had the same problem. However, a few times I found no rhyme or reason to why the system kicked me back to the login screen. But the secondary is submitted now.

Good luck everyone!

+2, but they have to do it in batches because of all the backlog they've accrued by starting to send out a secondary in August so I can understand the wait. Still, it's my last school and I just want to submit my last application :)

Just got the secondary today

Verified 7/18 :)

does anyone know where to put research in the personal information section?? like im considering putting research in medically related volunteer activities section b.c it is somewhat medically related and im not getting paid for it.

Also do we leave out shadowing? (b.c techincally shadowing is not volunteering

does anyone know where to put research in the personal information section?? like im considering putting research in medically related volunteer activities section b.c it is somewhat medically related and im not getting paid for it.

I did...I just couldn't justify its inclusion. Shadowing is on my AMCAS so I wasn't worried.

Did you get paid for the research or get academic credit for it? If so, I would leave it out. If you worked for free then you should probably include it in the additional EC section.

Verified on 6/11, still no secondary. I am calling tomorrow if I haven't received it.
I haven't received a secondary either, and I was verified 6/11. I really wouldn't panic or bother the admission office. I'm sure they are sending them in batches. Don't worry too much.

Did you get paid for the research or get academic credit for it? If so, I would leave it out. If you worked for free then you should probably include it in the additional EC section.

oh okay. One research was for credits and the other wasnt so i guess i ll just add the one that isnt. I emailed them to confirm this

oh okay. One research was for credits and the other wasnt so i guess i ll just add the one that isnt. I emailed them to confirm this

Have they emailed you back and said that is how we are supposed to do it?

Is there a section on secondary where you can list your siblings that are currently attending drexel medical school?

Is there a section on secondary where you can list your siblings that are currently attending drexel medical school?
Yes.

"IV. We are very interested in knowing if your parents, grandparents or siblings are alumni/alumnae.
Have your parents, grandparents or siblings earned or are in the process of earning an M.D. degree from Drexel University College of Medicine or its heritage institutions (Woman's Medical College, Hahnemann University College of Medicine, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences or the Medical College of Pennsylvania)? Also, please note below if your parents, grandparents or siblings are employed by the College of Medicine or any of our affiliate hospitals..."

What is the turnaround time for the secondary for you guys? Is it long and difficult or shorter ?