2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm on pre-interview hold as well. I just assume rejection at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

+3, called this morning and was told they are still reviewing applications, but one SDNer said that the last interview date she saw was April 3rd (today)...so not exactly sure what to make of this.

It is already April 3rd and I am still on "pre-interview hold". Called them yesterday and asked if there are any more interview dates and was told "that is to be determined". Also asked if I should assumed I am rejected and was told "not necessarily". Not sure what this means.

Anyone else who has neither interviewed nor received rejection? Has anyone actually received a formal rejection or do all rejected applicants receive this "pre-interview hold" treatment?

Same boat here. I would love it if someone could confirm that they are done interviewing so that I can go on with my life!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is already April 3rd and I am still on "pre-interview hold". Called them yesterday and asked if there are any more interview dates and was told "that is to be determined". Also asked if I should assumed I am rejected and was told "not necessarily". Not sure what this means.

Anyone else who has neither interviewed nor received rejection? Has anyone actually received a formal rejection or do all rejected applicants receive this "pre-interview hold" treatment?

First time poster here :)
I just called the office of admissions office and was told they are done interviewing at this point. It was confirmed that the interview hold status I had previously will now change to rejection.

Just got it in the mail today but my final decision status was a rejection. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting to hear.

I had a 35 Mcat 3.6/3.4 science/total gpa. Have a couple alcohol related tickets which kind of killed a lot of my applications. I do have good news from other places but just was hoping for Drexel for the closeness to home/family. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear and those on the waitlist hope you enjoy Drexel.

First time poster here :)
I just called the office of admissions office and was told they are done interviewing at this point. It was confirmed that the interview hold status I had previously will now change to rejection.

Just checked my portal, no status change yet.

I still haven't gotten my decision letter... Why would they schedule admitted student day before everyone gets their letters...?

I've been waiting since last Monday for my letter and still haven't gotten it.

I have been on pre-interview hold for a long time now. Through a friend of a friend I just found out I will be granted an interview, but my status hasn't changed yet. I don't know if this means interviews are still being granted, but I wanted to let you know not to give up hope until you get a final decision. At least exercise cautious optimism. I hadn't gotten any interviews until a week and a half ago and thought I would for sure have to reapply. Now I have two interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been on pre-interview hold for a long time now. Through a friend of a friend I just found out I will be granted an interview, but my status hasn't changed yet. I don't know if this means interviews are still being granted, but I wanted to let you know not to give up hope until you get a final decision. At least exercise cautious optimism. I hadn't gotten any interviews until a week and a half ago and thought I would for sure have to reapply. Now I have two interviews.

Congrats! Are you IS or OOS/from a nearby state? I'm still on hold here but thanks for keeping the hope alive!

I still haven't gotten my decision letter... Why would they schedule admitted student day before everyone gets their letters...?

Unfortunately, this would be impossible since, historically, applicants have continued to be accepted (both through regular admission and off the waitlist) until late into the summer. Accepted Students Day is scheduled so that students holding multiple acceptances can decide before the deadline.

same boat as you. a pre-interview hold.

seems to be some conflicting info on SDN. some posters saying its over others while someone just received an interview invite (a few post above this one).

best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Status changed today from "your file is been reviewed by a committee member..." to "your file is now under review by the admissions committee..." I guess that's progress. Interviewed on Feb 25th.

So when the files was "under review by a committee member" what exactly is that person's job? I missed that part when it was being explained at the interview b/c my faculty interview went over by 35 mins and subsequently pushed my student interview back.

So when the files was "under review by a committee member" what exactly is that person's job? I missed that part when it was being explained at the interview b/c my faculty interview went over by 35 mins and subsequently pushed my student interview back.

After your interview, one faculty member reviews your entire application to present you to the committee.

Hey guys, if anyone accepted has questions about deciding between IFM and PIL, I'd be happy to answer.
I'm a first year in PIL, have had a blast so far, and have been very happy with my decision to go to DUCOM.

Anyone know who we send additional letters of rec to (Through AMCAS, email, mail?)

I wonder any pre interview hold got rejected or got interview.

Anyone know who we send additional letters of rec to (Through AMCAS, email, mail?)
It should be through amcas! To make sure just give them a call. On websites it says all lor should be sent through amcas

One of the advantages most people bring up about IFM is the flexibility in studying, watching lectures, going to class, etc. Do you ever feel bogged down by PIL in that sense? About how many hours per day do you spend on campus in the small group or in lectures?

I don't mean to say that I would want to sit at home all day, and I definitely see the value in having a more structured curriculum that keeps you on your toes a bit more. Just curious about how your days look.

Honestly, I've never felt tied down. We have small groups, where 7 of us and a facilitator, go through case based learning 9-12 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - that we have to go to (This will only happen Tues and Thurs in year 2). On those days we will have 1-2 lectures in the afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursday it may go up to 3, but 2 tends to be the average.

I live in Center City right now, and have my "study groove" there where watch the majority of the lectures - so I tend to stay at Queens Lane the minimum amount of time. For me, its usually 3-4 days a week, where usually 2 of those days I can leave by noon. I can think of maybe 4 days over this year where we had to stay until 5 for clinical skills training and that's it. So it's never really been a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, is Drexel anyone else's only interview they've had? I've been waiting for four months now from my interview, with all of my other schools being rejections. So I'm literally riding on Drexel alone being my possible only acceptance. Anyone else in the same boat??

I've seen some waitlist movement at other schools - anyone hear anything from Drexel?

I received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. I interviewed in mid November.
Were you taken off the waitlist for acceptance, or did it just take a very long time for you to hear about your acceptance?

anyone hear about more interview dates? I called twice and both times they basically said they hadn't decided yet if they had ended all interview or not? I know a previous post mentioned this just wondering if anyone else had anything new? Waiting to hear as i would love to attend Drexel!

Were you taken off the waitlist for acceptance, or did it just take a very long time for you to hear about your acceptance?
No, I was never waitlisted. This was the first contact I've had with admissions since my interview in November.

No, I was never waitlisted. This was the first contact I've had with admissions since my interview in November.
So there's hope. I had my interview in December. And my application is currently being reviewed by the committee as a whole, and it's been for over a week now. So there's hope!

Reactions: 1 user
So anyone know a good way for finding apartments near the Queen Lane Campus? I mostly commuted during my undergrad, so I'm not well-versed in the nuances of apartment hunting.

So far, I've been looking in the off-campus housing website, but I was wondering if there are more reliable resources...

Interviewed 11/18, got to committee only last week, and a final decision letter is finally on it's way to me. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone who applied!

.....if anyone has been waiting for a while for their mail....call. Mine went MIA.

Interviewed 11/18, got to committee only last week, and a final decision letter is finally on it's way to me. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone who applied!
Nice, you interviewed on my birthday haha. Could you possibly tell us how long it took to get your letter? Once you get it of course. From the time your status changed online to when you actually get the letter? Just so we have a rough estimate of how long it's taking them to send them out? It would be very appreciated!

I have a question about the differences between acceptance letters and rejection letters....are they both personally signed by someone or just the acceptance letter? I was told my letter still needs to be signed before it gets sent out.

I have a question about the differences between acceptance letters and rejection letters....are they both personally signed by someone or just the acceptance letter? I was told my letter still needs to be signed before it gets sent out.

lol that's torture

Anybody interview mid-late January and receive a decision? I think I've been at the "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee." status for 3-4 weeks already.

Anybody interview mid-late January and receive a decision? I think I've been at the "Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee." status for 3-4 weeks already.
I interviewed mid january and I've been at "your file is currently under review by the admissions committee" for 13 weeks now...