2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've haven't received an award letter (accepted a long time ago). Wonder when they'll come out.
I'm thinking beginning of May

Members don't see this ad.

I called Drexel Central today. Turns out they're still processing financial aid for the undergrads. Looks like we're getting our pushed back to May.

Good news is that the FAFSA deadline was pushed back from March 1 to March 15.

You guys are complaining about your reward letters. I haven't even heard my post interview decision.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Final decision status last Monday...live within 20 minutes of campus and still no letter

Final decision status last Monday...live within 20 minutes of campus and still no letter

I would wait until the end of this week and then call first thing next Monday if you don't here anything because it could have been lost--people have posted on here about that happening to them. It's also possible they didn't mail out letters yet, despite your updated status. Good luck!

Soooo..... "A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address. " means waitlisted right? :\

Does anyone have insight into the housing situation for new students? Didn't go to accepted students day but have lots of questions like what areas/apt buildings to stay away from, where most students live, etc.

Still no letter, nearly 2 weeks after the "final decision as been reached" status, fyi.

My first letter got lost in the mail and the second letter looks like it is lost too I should have gotten it by now....how am I supposed to find out if I'm accepted or rejected? They told me they won't tell me on the phone....and i don't think third times the charm. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard today that I didn't get in. This came after 2 weeks of the status changed to a final decision, which came about 4.5 months after my interview. Major bummer (salutes). Good luck everyone.

Need some advice about sending an update post-interview. So since the submission of my primary application to the AMCAs I have been working full time as a scientist for a genetic research company, and also been volunteering at a hospital of upwards of 15 hours a week. While this is not formally in my primary application, I did touch on it in the secondary application in the question asking what you will be doing in the gap year, and I talked about it during my interview. Would it be beneficial for me to send a formal update including all the pertaining information so it is in my file or would it just be unnecessary at this point?

Need some advice about sending an update post-interview. So since the submission of my primary application to the AMCAs I have been working full time as a scientist for a genetic research company, and also been volunteering at a hospital of upwards of 15 hours a week. While this is not formally in my primary application, I did touch on it in the secondary application in the question asking what you will be doing in the gap year, and I talked about it during my interview. Would it be beneficial for me to send a formal update including all the pertaining information so it is in my file or would it just be unnecessary at this point?

It cannot hurt to send an update letter to let them know the details, since 15 volunteer hours per week is a substantial commitment and is more than the committee would assume you are doing if there are only nonspecific references to volunteering via your secondary and your interview.

It cannot hurt to send an update letter to let them know the details, since 15 volunteer hours per week is a substantial commitment and is more than the committee would assume you are doing if there are only nonspecific references to volunteering via your secondary and your interview.

Thanks for the quick response!! one last question--in the update should I list references and their contact information similar to how work/activities are posted in the AMCA primary applications or do I just send the ADCOM an explanation of the important updates.

Thanks for the quick response!! one last question--in the update should I list references and their contact information similar to how work/activities are posted in the AMCA primary applications or do I just send the ADCOM an explanation of the important updates.

Probably not necessary but again it wouldn't hurt

For those of you who have been accepted or are currently students at DUCOM:

I will be applying this upcoming cycle and was wondering what are the best parts about why I should come to DUCOM? I am highly interested in Drexel, I live less than 20 minutes away and I love the city of Philadephia. Also, what are some tips that would help me with applying and getting accepted to DUCOM? PM me, thank you very much I appreciate it! :)

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. How you do your guys withdraw your deposit? Is email sufficient? thankss

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. How you do your guys withdraw your deposit? Is email sufficient? thankss
I'm sure e-mail would be fine; just make sure they respond notifying you that they got your message. I'm planning to call to withdraw.

So I got waitlisted. Has anyone else sent a written response to accept the waitlist status? If so, how does it work. Is it like a letter of intent you send to the school? Thanks!

Has anyone who interviewed in late March heard from the school yet about a decision?

coming up on 3 months post interview with no decision. it's gonna be a bummer to not even get a decision before 5/15

So I got waitlisted. Has anyone else sent a written response to accept the waitlist status? If so, how does it work. Is it like a letter of intent you send to the school? Thanks!

I sent in a letter of intent with my WL response last year... didn't get in. I don't think it hurts, but I don't think it helps much either.

I know I've posted it in here before, but for those of you that are anxious to know about what happens before the deadline:

If they accept you, and it's close to the May 15th deadline, they WILL email you and let you know the decision. Just an FYI!

This past year, there was a pretty decent amount of waitlist movement too, IIRC.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed in late March heard from the school yet about a decision?
I interviewed mid-march and just recently my status changed to being reviewed by a member of the committee. We will probably hear mid to end of May, I imagine.

I interviewed the very last day on April 3rd and have been at committee for around 3 weeks now so I'm guessing it really all depends how quickly your interviewer submits their review

I interviewed the very last day on April 3rd and have been at committee for around 3 weeks now so I'm guessing it really all depends how quickly your interviewer submits their review

I interviewed mid feb, got to committee after 4 weeks and have been in committee for 7... Nothing yet... Soon tho!!

In case anyone is still waiting post-interview, I interviewed 3/27 and my status recently changed to: Final decision has been reached, letter will be mailed.

In case anyone is still waiting post-interview, I interviewed 3/27 and my status recently changed to: Final decision has been reached, letter will be mailed.
Wow that was fast! I hope it's great news!

Wow that was fast! I hope it's great news!

Thank you :) I thought my interviews went well but my interviewer did ask about my other acceptances since my interview was so late.. Hope that didn't affect anything. Now time to wait for that snail mail.. Haha

Thank you :) I thought my interviews went well but my interviewer did ask about my other acceptances since my interview was so late.. Hope that didn't affect anything. Now time to wait for that snail mail.. Haha
You're very welcome! Hopefully the letter comes within a week or so.

Is something wrong that I have not heard a decision yet? I interviewed the beginning of March and still nothing. Wondering if I should call.

Is something wrong that I have not heard a decision yet? I interviewed the beginning of March and still nothing. Wondering if I should call.

I interviewed beginning of February and still nothing. I caved and called today and the lady who answered gave me absolutely no information about where the committee is at, any estimates about possible responses... nothing. So back to waiting I guess. :(

So, my experience is that after a short review process I got the "a decision will be mailed to you shortly." I waited for a month for the darn letter before I got tired and then called only to get the response that it will be mailed SOON. So, this process can be REALLY slow.

Accepted yesterday via snail mail! my status changed last wednesday and I interviewed at the beginning of march. good luck to everyone!

Interviewed the end of March and my status just changed to "A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address."! Does anyone know whether they send letters via snail-mail to notify applicants that they are being placed on the waitlist, or do they only send letters for acceptance/rejections?

Finally changed to "a decision has been reached" so I guess I got waitlisted

Interviewed the end of March and my status just changed to "A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address."! Does anyone know whether they send letters via snail-mail to notify applicants that they are being placed on the waitlist, or do they only send letters for acceptance/rejections?
they send letters to both. a decision is usually a waitlist

Accepted! Snail mail came in today, status changed last Friday I think (that's when I noticed it haha)

Congrats! What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

OOS, 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA, 4.0 post-bacc sGPA, 32 MCAT. My EC's were pretty solid - leadership, clinical and non clinical work locally and internationally, public health stuff, clinical research.

OOS, 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA, 4.0 post-bacc sGPA, 32 MCAT. My EC's were pretty solid - leadership, clinical and non clinical work locally and internationally, public health stuff, clinical research.
Congratulations!!!