2013-2014 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember from last year, the secondaries where released in late June or July.

Best of luck in applying! Hopefully I'll see some of you when you come in for interviews :)

AMCAS submitted - finally. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I cant seem to find anywhere to select that I want to apply through EDP. Am I missing something? I saw it for LSU NO but not for the port. Do I just email admissions?

I cant seem to find anywhere to select that I want to apply through EDP. Am I missing something? I saw it for LSU NO but not for the port. Do I just email admissions?

Do you have any other schools selected other than Shreveport? Because you can ONLY pick one school for EDP. If you have another school selected, it may not give you the option for EDP at Shreveport.

New Orleans' secondaries have already been released. It'd be cool if shreveport would release theirs soon.

Yea after I posted I realized I just being stupid. I deleted all other med schools and it appeared. Hopefully submitting soon!
I have another dumb question do letters still have to be mailed to Shreveport? I am getting conflicting information from the website.

Yea after I posted I realized I just being stupid. I deleted all other med schools and it appeared. Hopefully submitting soon!
I have another dumb question do letters still have to be mailed to Shreveport? I am getting conflicting information from the website.

Yes. They don't give an option on AMCAS to add letters for Shreveport. Which I think is silly. But that's Kennedy for you. And remember they don't accept Interfolio letters. Have to be directly from the source.

Has anyone received the secondary application from Shreveport yet? My application has been processed but I still haven't received it....

No, I think they'll send them out next week. They're pretty consistent with when they send stuff out, and last year it was the 2nd Tuesday of July.

But don't worry, I'm completely paranoid about it. I keep checking every spam box of every email address I've ever used just to make sure I haven't missed it.

Finally submitted! Good luck everybody!

Should I be concerned about getting verified by the August 1st deadline?

I'm not sure; I submitted mine 2 minutes after amcas opened and was verified 12 minutes later.... But I've heard of delays since.

Should I be concerned about getting verified by the August 1st deadline?

If you're submitting EDP, I wouldn't worry. I applied EDP a few years back. Submitted in July. By the end of the day, I was in verification and it was sent to the school by the next day. So, unless things have changed, I think EDP applicants go to the front of the line.

It appears my application is under review. I hope I am just being the stereotypically overly paranoid premed.

I'm having a committee letter sent to Shreveport (applying EDP), but one of my recommenders has not yet sent in his letter. Does Shreveport send out secondaries once AMCAS has been verified, or do they wait until everything (AMCAS, transcripts, LORs, etc.) are in before sending out a secondary?

They wait until amcas is verified and submitted. Based on previous years, secondary should go out this week.

Once they send those out, you should receive status updates in regards to what's missing.

I'm guessing no word still on the secondary?
I was just verified today

Finally got the secondary about ten minutes ago!!

Same here. I hope this all paper stuff doesn't hurt us.

Yeah- are you all hand-writing or typing the secondary?

I have a bit of a prob. My pre med committe didn't send a letter for me straight to Md. They sent it tointerfolio. Now I see that lsu doesn't take inter folio. Apparently. Can I send it another way?

I have a bit of a prob. My pre med committe didn't send a letter for me straight to Md. They sent it tointerfolio. Now I see that lsu doesn't take inter folio. Apparently. Can I send it another way?

I am not familiar with how interfolio works but I believe you can ask your premed committe to print off everything and send it to Dr. Kennedy. Good luck!

Question about the secondary: on the reapplicant page, it says "Answer with X if you have NOT applied to medical school before: ___YES ___NO"

I am a reapplicant. I should put an X by "no," right? I understand the question, I just think it's a strange, roundabout way of asking it. They did something similar in the Stage-2 Application, where they asked twice about the Honor Code and Technical Standards. It's really weird.

Yea, I'm still looking cross-eye at that stage two part :/

This secondary business is kinda silly. Im confused as to how to treat labs since my college courses all have combined course and lab classes

Are they only sending the secondary right now to EDP people? I submitted my AMCAS on the first day and was verified a couple of weeks ago and I haven't received the secondary email yet. Should I be worried? Just slightly paranoid, haha

Did you check your spam box? If you don't get an email with a secondary by Thursday, call Ms. Hatcher and inquire about it. It might be a clerical error or something.

Nope, not in spam either. Hopefully it's just an error on their part or something, since I did get the secondaries for other schools. I'll do that then, thanks!!

Im slightly confused by the courses section of the secondary. I took two semesters of chemistry, physics, and organic and made different grades in some of the semesters. Does anyone know what to do in that situation?

Called Ms. Hatcher and she said they want letter grades. Also they have only sent out the secondary to EDP students.

There's no room for the grades though, if I have 35+ hours of biology, how can I fit all of the letter grades into the box?