2013 - 2014 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from UT Austin (clinical)?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if all of the acceptances have gone out for PGSP-Stanford? Would it be inappropriate to call and inquire about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited to pay them an informal visit - I don't know whether they conduct official interviews.
Do you guys think being contacted by a POI from the New School at this stage is a sure yes for admission?

Does anyone know if all of the acceptances have gone out for PGSP-Stanford? Would it be inappropriate to call and inquire about this?

I called a couple of weeks ago and they said they had an unexpectedly high number of applicants (400) so it is taking longer for them to review all of the applications. But she said if you don't hear anything by the end of the month-give them a call. If you do call would love to hear what they tell you!

Do you guys think being contacted by a POI from the New School at this stage is a sure yes for admission?
Nothing's a sure thing til u get an offer :) but it's probably a good sign!

Are you coming straight from Undergrad or are you hoping to be an advanced standing applicant?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from UGA post-interview? I saw 2 rejections and 1 waitlist on grad cafe. Getting really anxious...

School Name: Pace
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/21
Degree
: PsyD
Type: Combined School/Clinical
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: various dates to choose from

Reactions: 1 user
School Name: Pacific University
Date Interview Invite Received: Feb 20th
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: March 10th
Additional Info: For those who are still waiting, I spoke with my POI and was told that they are now beginning to extend invitations to the few who are waitlisted. If you have not been notified that you are on the waitlist, then you can assume that you will be receiving a rejection letter at the end of March. Source: I asked, and I received.

Has anyone heard back from UCSB after interviewing for their counseling, clinical, and school psychology program (in particular for the counseling track)? I know they said to expect an answer around late February or mid March, but I'm just wondering if anyone has been accepted,wait listed, or denied.

Did anybody receive an email from Washington State University about an assistanship opportunity? For the Counseling Psych program.

Has anyone heard back from UCSB after interviewing for their counseling, clinical, and school psychology program (in particular for the counseling track)? I know they said to expect an answer around late February or mid March, but I'm just wondering if anyone has been accepted,wait listed, or denied.

I am waiting for this too, though for the clinical track. I've seen 2 rejections post-interview on gradcafe and 2 acceptances. Eek!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing's a sure thing til u get an offer :) but it's probably a good sign!

Are you coming straight from Undergrad or are you hoping to be an advanced standing applicant?
I'm coming straight from undergrad. Was not expecting to hear anything at all from this program until March, but was super happy to receive an email from a professor. We have arrange for a brief skype conversation!

They definitely haven't all gone out, because I'm interviewing there on Friday.

Ah ok. When I emailed they said they gave priority to out of staters so fingers crossed that one will come for me since I live here

If you're still waiting on Roosevelt, I just interviewed there today. They said they have one more day of interviews Monday, as well as a few skype interviews, and then they're making decisions. So, I think you're out of luck if you haven't gotten an invite by now—sorry!

If you're still waiting on Roosevelt, I just interviewed there today. They said they have one more day of interviews Monday, as well as a few skype interviews, and then they're making decisions. So, I think you're out of luck if you haven't gotten an invite by now—sorry!
I currently am in their clinical MA program so that's crappy balls :( haven't been officially rejected from them yet

I currently am in their clinical MA program so that's crappy balls :( haven't been officially rejected from them yet

You'd like to think they'd be more upfront with someone in their own MA program!

Last interview this week! Almost over! I've been accepted at 3 and wait listed at 2. Turned down wait lists so they could offer to others and one of the offers. Decision-making time!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Last interview this week! Almost over! I've been accepted at 3 and wait listed at 2. Turned down wait lists so they could offer to others and one of the offers. Decision-making time!
wish I was just accepted at one....any word on Boston University clinical program anyone??

I am waiting for this too, though for the clinical track. I've seen 2 rejections post-interview on gradcafe and 2 acceptances. Eek!
So nerve racking :S I guess not having heard anything so far still gives us some hope. Would you mind sharing the link to those posts in gradcafe, please?

Hey! So I just want your opinion, I have an interview tomorrow with a 2 hour social gathering at a pub tonight with the students, my flight is delayed and I don't think I'll get there on time for the pub thing. I could buy a ticket from another airline and be there on time but it's a lot of money, should I do it? I'm a little worried of not going tonight! If I'm not going to make it should I write the person that invited me telling them the situation or just not say anything?

Guys can I just talk about my interview at the university of Indianapolis? I got the opportunity to stay with grad students and attend social gatherings... I think I might be in love with this program. We ate dinner with the professors and really got to know the culture of the program. Every school should do this!

I should hear in about a week, and I do have another interview, but it feels like I found The One. Uindy wasn't even my first choice when I came, but the social events made such a huge difference.

So make sure you attend stuff like that if you get the chance! I am so happy I did!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! So I just want your opinion, I have an interview tomorrow with a 2 hour social gathering at a pub tonight with the students, my flight is delayed and I don't think I'll get there on time for the pub thing. I could buy a ticket from another airline and be there on time but it's a lot of money, should I do it? I'm a little worried of not going tonight! If I'm not going to make it should I write the person that invited me telling them the situation or just not say anything?

If you can make it would be great, but I wouldn't pay more money just to make it. And I would definitely let the person know you won't be able to make it.

I wouldn't even think about it. The social events just aren't this important. I would be in contact with them about the situation, however.

Could anyone who has already interviewed for Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology Clinical Psych, Health Emphasis PhD please tell me a little bit about how their interview day was? I have mine this coming Wednesday and just want to be as prepared as possible since this is my #1 choice! Thanks so much!

For those of you who attended the UTSW interview yesterday, what did you think about the program? I really liked it, but It was my only interview so I'd like to hear opinions on how it compares.

More importantly, what do you think about taking out $60,000 in debt to attend if you we're accepted?

Guys can I just talk about my interview at the university of Indianapolis? I got the opportunity to stay with grad students and attend social gatherings... I think I might be in love with this program. We ate dinner with the professors and really got to know the culture of the program. Every school should do this!

I should hear in about a week, and I do have another interview, but it feels like I found The One. Uindy wasn't even my first choice when I came, but the social events made such a huge difference.

So make sure you attend stuff like that if you get the chance! I am so happy I did!
Social events helped form my decisions totally! Also grad students usually have a say and this is part of their opportunity to know you.

Can anyone here claim the Northern Illinois University offer on TGC? Would you mind PMing me your POI?? Thank!

Social events with both faculty and grad students definitely made the interview experience so much better! It also provided me the opportunity to mingle and talk to the other applicants; if I were to get an offer, I would be very happy with my cohort!

Can someone claim the post about being accepted to u hartford's psyd program? What day did you interview?

To the person who posted on TGC about Harvard, was that post any kind of Skype/phone interview? Did you contact your POI first? And you wrote website…did your status on the website change or was it just the e-mail?

Can someone claim the post about being accepted to u hartford's psyd program? What day did you interview?
my interview is this friday. i am assuming that they probably haven't made any decisions until they interview everyone

Can anyone clarify something for me? I already posted this on TGC but wanted to post it here too in case that would get a better response. I interviewed at LIU Post's PsyD program on 2/14. Got a weird email yesterday from the admissions coordinator saying that I was invited to sit in on open classes and events and that a "guide to enrollment" would be sent to me next week, but I haven't received an offer of admission. I asked if the message meant I had been accepted or if I should still be waiting for a decision, but she replied "No, it is just a list of classes and events." Did anyone else get this?

Can anyone clarify something for me? I already posted this on TGC but wanted to post it here too in case that would get a better response. I interviewed at LIU Post's PsyD program on 2/14. Got a weird email yesterday from the admissions coordinator saying that I was invited to sit in on open classes and events and that a "guide to enrollment" would be sent to me next week, but I haven't received an offer of admission. I asked if the message meant I had been accepted or if I should still be waiting for a decision, but she replied "No, it is just a list of classes and events." Did anyone else get this?
I believe they said in their original interview invite email that they would send a list of classes and events after one has had their interview. I haven't had mine yet, scheduled for this Sunday

my interview is this friday. i am assuming that they probably haven't made any decisions until they interview everyone
It does occur! Doesn't mean you're out! One of those accepted posted on interview thread so you might touch base with he or she.

If the person who posted the Boston College counseling psych acceptance on TGC is on here, can you please PM me your POI and how and when you were contacted? Thanks and congratulations!

Have interview for University of Denver Psy.D program in three days. Any advice/suggestions from people who have previously interviewed would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know about Mississpi State Interviews?

I got an email from Graduate Admissions last Wednesday stating that my application had be fowarded to the department for review. Am I just being impatient (probably)?

For those of you who attended the UTSW interview yesterday, what did you think about the program? I really liked it, but It was my only interview so I'd like to hear opinions on how it compares.

More importantly, what do you think about taking out $60,000 in debt to attend if you we're accepted?

I thought the program was great, although I didn't get an offer. With the 60 grand, I mean it's obviously not the most appealing option but you will be getting out earlier and in turn you'll be making money quicker. If you got an offer than it's going to depend on whether you would rather come out in 4 years with debt or wait a year and apply again. Not an easy decision!

Rosalind franklin U sent out email today: We are excited you chose to apply to the Clinical Psychology Doctoral program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment via email.

I'm still pending for University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, University of Minnesota and UIC. Anyone else in the same position?

I'm still pending for University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, University of Minnesota and UIC. Anyone else in the same position?

Not for those schools, but I haven't heard one way or the other from Rochester, Kent, or Clark.

Edit: I should note that I was not invited to interview at these schools, so I'm most likely waiting on rejections. Oh well. I'm a little confused because some folks have gotten rejections from Clark and Rochester, I think, but I haven't (yet).

Last edited:
Not for those schools, but I haven't heard one way or the other from Rochester, Kent, or Clark.
University of Minnesota's welcome weekend started yesterday. Interviews were held by phone quite a while ago and then those chosen after that were invited to welcome weekend. There are postings about Milwaukee on grad cafe with actual acceptances already. Sadly most schools don't send out rejections until March.

Last edited: