2013-2014 Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't study in the caribbean schools and risk everything. Since I landed 3 interviews out of 4 schools I applied to, obviously my MCAT and GPA aren't the problem. If I'm rejected, then I'm gonna have to rework my interview skills and reapply, meanwhile I'm going to keep working at my current job and do something meaningful to add to my app.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So, la suerte está echada. The die is cast. In case the worst happened, what are your opinions about other Caribbean medical schools, such as the so called Big Four (SGU, AUC, Ross and Saba)? Those schools are preferred to, lets say México (AUG), for example? I am from PR and since I plan to practice in PR I really wanted to study at a LCME accredited medical school. It will be very frustrating if I'm rejected after so many months of MCAT studying and years studying the BS.
I would not advice you to go to these schools since you probably know how hard it is to get residency coming from these schools. I don't know what your stats are. But if they are low, fix them and reapply...

I wouldn't study in the caribbean schools and risk everything. Since I landed 3 interviews out of 4 schools I applied to, obviously my MCAT and GPA aren't the problem. If I'm rejected, then I'm gonna have to rework my interview skills and reapply, meanwhile I'm going to keep working at my current job and do something meaningful to add to my app.
You should try to up your sGPA if you can... It seems like PR schools put a lot emphasis in sGPA...

Members don't see this ad :)
So, la suerte está echada. The die is cast. In case the worst happened, what are your opinions about other Caribbean medical schools, such as the so called Big Four (SGU, AUC, Ross and Saba)? Those schools are preferred to, lets say México (AUG), for example? I am from PR and since I plan to practice in PR I really wanted to study at a LCME accredited medical school. It will be very frustrating if I'm rejected after so many months of MCAT studying and years studying the BS.

I agree with above posts especially as a reapplicant and older non-traditional student. If you want to become an MD and have your heart set on a specific school or program then find out about your weaknesses and strengthen your application. Re-take the MCAT before it changes next year if possible and contact the school(s) that interest you. Keep your head up and your passion strong. Best of luck; exito!!

Who's been accepted so far? Did you get an email or receive the packet already? Please share interview day and stats! Thanks.

Waitlisted. Guess I'll be attending Ponce.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Waitlisted. Guess I'll be attending Ponce.

Did they mail or email you? Also, how long ago did you interview? I've yet to hear back.

Did they mail or email you? Also, how long ago did you interview? I've yet to hear back.

Snail mail. I interview on feb 7.

Waitlisted interviewed Jan 17

Accepted at Ponce and still waiting to hear back on RCM

I would like to think I have a chance off the waitlist

Why UCC and other PR schools do not publish their match(es)?

Received letter this week for placement on waiting list--class is full per adcom. Called twice to speak with Edllian Lopez and wrote an email to find out about my chances and if it would be acceptable to submit letter of intent, etc. Was told on phone that position on waitlist is not given out. Still in the game so keeping my head up! Best to you all.

Received letter this week for placement on waiting list--class is full per adcom. Called twice to speak with Edllian Lopez and wrote an email to find out about my chances and if it would be acceptable to submit letter of intent, etc. Was told on phone that position on waitlist is not given out. Still in the game so keeping my head up! Best to you all.

When did you interview? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this month, a few weeks ago. The long post interview wait, I should hear back soon. I believe they said we should know by the second week of April. Good luck!

I interviewed this month, a few weeks ago. The long post interview wait, I should hear back soon. I believe they said we should know by the second week of April. Good luck!
Did you interview on Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ii for a waitlist spot 4/11/14. I will most likely decline it since I already got an acceptance at SJB...

ii for a waitlist spot 4/11/14. I will most likely decline it since I already got an acceptance at SJB...

Did they actually say it was for a waitlist spot ? I wonder if that's the case for the march interviewees....

Has anyone from march heard back?

Did they actually say it was for a waitlist spot ? I wonder if that's the case for the march interviewees....

Has anyone from march heard back?

Yes... Below is one of the paragraphs of the letter

Otro punto importante que deseamos informarles es que a este momento tenemos una clase preliminarmente admitida y que los estudiantes entrevistados que sean evaluados favorablemente estarán sujetos a los espacios que se vayan abriendo.

Hey, did they say the intent letter would be accepted, meant to ask that as well.

Did anyone get an interview from last Friday 3/28/2014 and get the result already? If so, what is your result and stats? Thanks,

Last edited:
Hey, did they say the intent letter would be accepted, meant to ask that as well.

No reply from adcom yet on my request. I will wait until next week to contact the school again.

I have just been accepted! Cant wait to meet my classmates. Interviewed on March 7th, and sent an email to Edllian last thursday, having been anxious about approaching the four week mark with no letter received. The email said I was admitted and would expect my packet to confirm my spot in the mail shortly. Not sure if this acceptance email was sent because I requested an update or what.

I have just been accepted! Cant wait to meet my classmates. Interviewed on March 7th, and sent an email to Edllian last thursday, having been anxious about approaching the four week mark with no letter received. The email said I was admitted and would expect my packet to confirm my spot in the mail shortly. Not sure if this acceptance email was sent because I requested an update or what.

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

23 years old female from NJ went to a private liberal arts school in PA, bio major, chem and spanish minors, MCAT 10/10/10, GPA 3.52

23 years old female from NJ went to a private liberal arts school in PA, bio major, chem and spanish minors, MCAT 10/10/10, GPA 3.52

Thank you for sharing your stats. Wow a 30, I guess it is pretty much game over for me. Congrats though!!

Congrats, I'm pretty sure we interviewed together but I haven't gotten in yet. My stats are 3.45gpa and a 30 all ten MCAT like you. I've been considering waiting a year before going into medschool but given that I've received no decisions from any medical school, I might get forced into that (which I find to be bad news, it's always good to get in somewhere even if you end up not going).

I don't think anyone will be able to join the group you created, i think it asks us to have a ursinus email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to get in off the wait list here just so The fiance doesnt have to find a new job in Ponce :/

Silence has settled on this thread; how disconcerting... Any movement on the waitlist front? Seems like it is for SJB. Is there anyone here still waiting like me??

Hey, I'm a 22 yr old non-Hispanic white male from NYC who was accepted in February (LizzyM score ~64). I'm conversationally poor in Spanish, so I'm deciding between UCC and a DO school in NY. If anyone has access to a recent UCC match list and could share it, I would really appreciate it! Thanks

@drubabe92 ... It is hard to find UCC match list, but I was told over 90% of students matched in many primary care specialties. But matching depends on the individual. For instance, I know someone who scored 260 on step 1 and is applying for FM next year. You will be conversational in Spanish once you spend a few months there. I met a few MS2 that knew little Spanish when they got there and now have no problem speaking Spanish. I am in the same position with you, having two acceptances (DO and PR-MD), I have chosen PR-MD (not UCC) due to lower (about 15k/year) tuition. I am somewhat conversationally ok in Spanish.

Hey, I'm a 22 yr old non-Hispanic white male from NYC who was accepted in February (LizzyM score ~64). I'm conversationally poor in Spanish, so I'm deciding between UCC and a DO school in NY. If anyone has access to a recent UCC match list and could share it, I would really appreciate it! Thanks

Congrats drubabe! Did you contact the school directly to find out? Ask a higher rank student there possibly through the FB group? By the way were you on a WL for the school in NYC?

Admitted today off of the alternate list!! How can I join in the Facebook group? I will try to look it up. Totally ecstatic! Exito para todos.