2013-2014 University of South Carolina School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tots

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Do they send everyone secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Any way you can post the secondary questions?

In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?

What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?

Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?

What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?

Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?

I dont see any essays on the application? Which program are you sappose to pick? I picked "medicine".

Thanks a ton! :)

I dont see any essays on the application? Which program are you sappose to pick? I picked "medicine".

There are no essays on the application (for OOS). I called to verify earlier today. Just submitted my application!

Members don't see this ad :)
interesting about no essays on secondary for OOS applicants. Submitted and waiting for secondaries.

There are no essays on the application (for OOS). I called to verify earlier today. Just submitted my application!

So there aren't any essays on the secondary application? What do you have to fill out then?

.... yeah I'm OOS and definitely had essays lol

I just realized that I have been posting in USCSM thread rather than MUSC. Sorry for the confusion guys. Please Ignore my posts above about not having secondary essay. I did not apply here. AdrinVeidt is correct!

Last edited:
I just realized that I have been posting in USCSM thread rather than MUSC. Sorry for the confusion guys. Please Ignore my thread above about not having secondary essay. I did not apply here. AdrinVeidt is correct!

Ha, I make the same mistake with the 'Georgetown' and 'George Washington' threads sometimes.

Email confirming my application was received today.

Anyone knows how friendly the school is to OOS?

Just got my secondary. How long do they expect the answers to these questions to be? There are a few lines for each question and I know it says we can attach more sheets if needed, but should I treat these questions like essay questions or just answer them?

II received on 8/12. Interview set for 9/11, who will I have the pleasure of meeting that day?

Last edited:
Does anyone think that these two questions are asking the same thing? How did you answer them?

"What are your medical practice goals?"
"What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?"

Can anyone restate the secondary essays? Also, what are the word limit?

THanks so much =]

Did you all write on the application or save and type it? I can't get it to save where I can edit...

Did you all write on the application or save and type it? I can't get it to save where I can edit...
I'm typing the draft on the computer but putting the final copy on the paper application

Just got my secondary. How long do they expect the answers to these questions to be? There are a few lines for each question and I know it says we can attach more sheets if needed, but should I treat these questions like essay questions or just answer them?

I just answered the questions in the space provided.

I just answered the questions in the space provided.

Same. I assumed that they only provided a few lines because that's the length of answer they prefer. I figure they say that you can include typed pages because they don't want people writing in super tiny font and in the margins to get out everything they want to say.

ii invite today!!! :) so excited! i just mailed in my secondary last week though so now i'm afraid the email was just accidentally sent to me...

Don't fret, I got mine within about a week as well!

wooooop! excitement is back then! :)

Great! here's to hoping I hear back as quickly as you guys did. Sent it off today! :luck:

Awesome! Same here! I was actually quite surprised since I'm OOS and I haven't mailed in the secondary yet. However, they said that they need it by the 23rd, so I'm going to finish and mail it off tomorrow :)

II today! For October 30th.

Awesome! Same here! I was actually quite surprised since I'm OOS and I haven't mailed in the secondary yet. However, they said that they need it by the 23rd, so I'm going to finish and mail it off tomorrow :)

The same thing happened to me, OOS as well. Oh well, I will gladly take it.

awww and i thought i was special :( thanks for bursting my bubble guys!

First acceptance!!! I'm so excited and sooooo grateful!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE

Reactions: 1 user
First interview and acceptance here.

First acceptance. And over the phone, too. I appreciated that.

I was looking forward to October 16th. Now it looks like they did the first round of acceptances on Oct. 15th.... looks like its time to wait nervously :(

Congrats Guruchi, Adrian, and sc1991!!! :)
I inverviewed 10/9 and am hoping to hear back from them soon! Hopefully I will get to join your class! Fingers crossed!!!