2014-2015 OFFICIAL INTERVIEW THREAD, Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. First of all thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. Secondly I have what is probably a dumb question that I am not sure if anyone will know the answer to. I applied to all 3 of the UTenn programs this year and I have invites from Murfreesboro and Memphis (both scheduled later in the season) but haven't heard back from the Chattanooga program yet. I am a pretty strong applicant according to everyone I have talked to but I did not do an away at Chattanooga. My question is about how much communication that have with each other and how that might effect me invites. Would it look bad if i cancelled one or both of the other invites and vice versa since I accepted both initially could that somehow be preventing me getting an invite from the third? Thanks in advanced for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking forward to meeting anyone who's coming to visit Charlotte.

Good luck everyone!

Hey guys. I'm a do applicant with a pretty descent number of interviews looking to cancel a few. I decided the best way was to revisit each programs website again and see what my chances are. I'm feeling a bit uneasy now because a lot of the interviews I'm excited for and was not looking to cancel are programs that have either matched no DOs or matched one period. I must have not been paying attention when I applied to them. Although I got pretty wicked sloes, good grades and great usmle, Im wondering if these things matter in the end because I feel like they might not rank me high anyway. I wonder if they even bothered to notice im a DO before sending out invites or if they just sent out invites to people with certain scores. To anyone who thinks im trolling im not. The programs im concerned about amount to 7, which is a pretty significant chunk of the amount i want to attend. Anyway I don't want to end up cancelling the wrong interviews and not match. Any advice?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a DO applicant at well with 12 acgme interviews, and I am kind of in the same situation. My advice to you is what I'm doing myself. I will be canceling 3 interviews at places that have either never matched a DO or have only had 1 in their history. My reasoning is multifold but stems from saving money on traveling just to interview at a program that will most likely not rank me high enough or not rank at all. It pains me to cancel these 3 considering I could so see myself at them but I'm trying to be pragmatic and the extra 2500 that I would be spending on traveling and lodging I'll probably just treat my self with a new gopro, etc lol. Plus from what I heard from my advisors and the classes ahead of me, if they haven't matched a DO, unless I found a cure for Ebola I'm not going to be the one to break that pattern ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. First of all thanks everyone for contributing to this thread. Secondly I have what is probably a dumb question that I am not sure if anyone will know the answer to. I applied to all 3 of the UTenn programs this year and I have invites from Murfreesboro and Memphis (both scheduled later in the season) but haven't heard back from the Chattanooga program yet. I am a pretty strong applicant according to everyone I have talked to but I did not do an away at Chattanooga. My question is about how much communication that have with each other and how that might effect me invites. Would it look bad if i cancelled one or both of the other invites and vice versa since I accepted both initially could that somehow be preventing me getting an invite from the third? Thanks in advanced for any insight.

No. You just haven't gotten one from them.

I'm a DO applicant at well with 12 acgme interviews, and I am kind of in the same situation. My advice to you is what I'm doing myself. I will be canceling 3 interviews at places that have either never matched a DO or have only had 1 in their history. My reasoning is multifold but stems from saving money on traveling just to interview at a program that will most likely not rank me high enough or not rank at all. It pains me to cancel these 3 considering I could so see myself at them but I'm trying to be pragmatic and the extra 2500 that I would be spending on traveling and lodging I'll probably just treat my self with a new gopro, etc lol. Plus from what I heard from my advisors and the classes ahead of me, if they haven't matched a DO, unless I found a cure for Ebola I'm not going to be the one to break that pattern ;)
Thanks for your 2 cents. Its just weird cuz I had concerns and one of the programs PDs actually emailed me personally saying I should keep my interview. And he's not new. He's been there the whole time when DOs were not getting ranked lol

Thanks for your 2 cents. Its just weird cuz I had concerns and one of the programs PDs actually emailed me personally saying I should keep my interview. And he's not new. He's been there the whole time when DOs were not getting ranked lol
How do you know that DOs weren't getting ranked? Just because they weren't matching there doesn't tell you anything about ranking.

I'm a DO applicant at well with 12 acgme interviews, and I am kind of in the same situation. My advice to you is what I'm doing myself. I will be canceling 3 interviews at places that have either never matched a DO or have only had 1 in their history. My reasoning is multifold but stems from saving money on traveling just to interview at a program that will most likely not rank me high enough or not rank at all. It pains me to cancel these 3 considering I could so see myself at them but I'm trying to be pragmatic and the extra 2500 that I would be spending on traveling and lodging I'll probably just treat my self with a new gopro, etc lol. Plus from what I heard from my advisors and the classes ahead of me, if they haven't matched a DO, unless I found a cure for Ebola I'm not going to be the one to break that pattern
How do you know that DOs weren't getting ranked? Just because they weren't matching there doesn't tell you anything about ranking.

I completely agree. Anecdotally, I have two DO friends that were very strong applicants last year who interviewed at a number of the same places that I am interviewing at this year that do not currently have any DO residents. The fact they are interviewing multiple DO students over the past few years shows their interest and high regard for the applicant and their willingness to match a DO. They both matched into their number 1 programs. One being the first DO matched at that program.

It seems that in your logic, you are accidentally perpetuating the myth that your degree is not as good as an MD degree. I would argue that having great board scores and awesome SLOEs is not only a reflection of my skills and knowledge as an applicant but also the great medical education that I received.

I am interviewing at multiple places that do not currently have any DO residents and the rest have 1-2. I feel that if an interview was offered they are genuinely interested in me and I would suggest you do the same. As an aside, statistically, dropping 3 interviews when you only have 12 in unfavorable. If you have other reasons for canceling these interviews you should, but in my opinion don't let fear hold you back from matching into the program that fits you best.

I completely agree. Anecdotally, I have two DO friends that were very strong applicants last year who interviewed at a number of the same places that I am interviewing at this year that do not currently have any DO residents. The fact they are interviewing multiple DO students over the past few years shows their interest and high regard for the applicant and their willingness to match a DO. They both matched into their number 1 programs. One being the first DO matched at that program.

It seems that in your logic, you are accidentally perpetuating the myth that your degree is not as good as an MD degree. I would argue that having great board scores and awesome SLOEs is not only a reflection of my skills and knowledge as an applicant but also the great medical education that I received.

I am interviewing at multiple places that do not currently have any DO residents and the rest have 1-2. I feel that if an interview was offered they are genuinely interested in me and I would suggest you do the same. As an aside, statistically, dropping 3 interviews when you only have 12 in unfavorable. If you have other reasons for canceling these interviews you should, but in my opinion don't let fear hold you back from matching into the program that fits you best.

Well I don't have 12. That's the other guy. I see what you mean about these places wanting to match more DOs recently. My problem is that none of the places Im referring to had recent DOs. There has either been no DO to date or it was someone from 2002. That means they are not actively trying.

Well I'm assuming that any DO who got an interview from U Chicago or wash u is good enough to interview well and match. But all I'm seeing on their list of residents are people from hardvard and Yale. Where are those DOs that interviewed? I think if these programs were trying as hard as you guys believe, there should at least be one DO every year for the last 3 years

Last edited:
From what I have heard you should feel pretty good about matching acgme as a DO if you have 10-15 acgme interviews. And you said you were thinking about dropping 7 interviews? So ideally speaking you should have close to 20 interview invites? If that's the case I don't really see anything wrong with canceling some interviews at programs that dont seem to be historically DO friendly. As much as I want to say that we are equal to MD counterparts there are still biases at some programs

Granted its anecdotal, but when a program has spots unfilled...and you go unmatched, it tends to support the theory that some programs just don't rank DO's. I know we all like to be politically correct but some programs like the look of having only stateside MD''s. it's not personal it's just how life is lol.

Well I'm assuming that any DO who got an interview from U Chicago or wash u is good enough to interview well and match. But all I'm seeing on their list of residents are people from hardvard and Yale. Where are those DOs that interviewed? I think if these programs were trying as hard as you guys believe, there should at least be one DO every year for the last 3 years
Again, you're making a different argument. You're saying no DOs have matched at program X for Y years. And I'm not disputing that since that's something that you can prove. But not having a DO match there does not in any way mean that they have not ranked DOs. For all you know, every single DO to interview at Program X has walked out of the interview saying "man, what a bunch of douchebagels, I'd rather not match than work there".

Now this is not to say that I support you putting all your eggs in the "never matched a DO" basket. But you're making a false equivalence (between never matched and never ranked) that you can never prove to be the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does it matter if you do a ACGME vs DO Emergency Medicine residency?

Again, you're making a different argument. You're saying no DOs have matched at program X for Y years. And I'm not disputing that since that's something that you can prove. But not having a DO match there does not in any way mean that they have not ranked DOs. For all you know, every single DO to interview at Program X has walked out of the interview saying "man, what a bunch of douchebagels, I'd rather not match than work there".

Now this is not to say that I support you putting all your eggs in the "never matched a DO" basket. But you're making a false equivalence (between never matched and never ranked) that you can never prove to be the case.
I see your distinction. Either way,the programs are either not ranking DOs or DOs are not ranking them. So then it all boils down to why should I bother interviewing at such a place? Thanks everyone for your quick responses

From what I have heard you should feel pretty good about matching acgme as a DO if you have 10-15 acgme interviews. And you said you were thinking about dropping 7 interviews? So ideally speaking you should have close to 20 interview invites? If that's the case I don't really see anything wrong with canceling some interviews at programs that dont seem to be historically DO friendly. As much as I want to say that we are equal to MD counterparts there are still biases at some programs
Yeah i somehow ended up with over 30. Got a call for another one today while i was out jogging. B4 ppl start ripping me a new one i already cancelled over 10. I'm just having trouble with the rest. And this thread has helped somewhat. Thanks

Yeah i somehow ended up with over 30. Got a call for another one today while i was out jogging. B4 ppl start ripping me a new one i already cancelled over 10. I'm just having trouble with the rest. And this thread has helped somewhat. Thanks

Congrats man. I remember you were really worried back in october

Congrats man. I remember you were really worried back in october
Thanks. I really shouldn't have freaked out that early and applied to another 15. Lol. O well better safe than sorry. Good luck to all you guys too

I remember when people used this thread to post the interview invites they've received...

Reactions: 4 users
Why does it matter if you do a ACGME vs DO Emergency Medicine residency?

If I am understanding your question correctly, the difference between an ACGME vs DO (AOA) EM residency is kind of a long answer. However the short of it is (and these are general statements about my reasons):

1. DO EM residencies are all 4 years. Most ACGME EM residencies are 3 years. All of the residents that I have met in 4 year DO residencies are ready to be done and feel like their residency was a bit drawn out. An extra year of training is great, if you were doing off service rotations that were a good learning experience. However, for comparisons sake, I am going to use one of the programs curriculum as an example. Sparrow has a dual AOA and ACGME program, but both sets of residents do different amounts of years. DOs do 4 and MDs do 3. In looking at their curriculum, DOs end up doing twice as much internal medicine and ICU months in the end (yes, DOs also get to do more EM because its a whole extra year of residency, so that is a plus to this)… If that is what you are doing an extra year for, I would have to call this the $300,000 mistake…

2. DO EM residencies have the potential to close down after the merger. I am basing this on several PDs from DO programs that I have spoken to. It will cost a large amount for them to come up to the standards of the ACGME requirements. This may close smaller programs. Of course, not by the time any of us will graduate out of those programs. However, I personally do not want to be 10 years out of residency when someone asks me about where I trained, and I have to say that it closed down. This can be interpreted in many ways, but for me, it makes it sound like the program that I entered was not up to a certain standard and closed. Therefore, my education and training could be seen as less than the standard. Which is in no way true because these AOA programs create some amazing docs from what I have seen in both my ACGME and AOA rotations.

3. Small small programs. While some of the AOA programs are greater than 8 residents, most are 6 or less. At my count (from my personal list of these places and what I have written from looking into each program) there are about 32 out of 50 programs that have 6 or less residents. Sure, who cares. But can you imagine being one of two interns...? It’s just kind of weird to fathom in my opinion.

So these are my big reasons for hesitating on the DO (AOA) match... DO residencies are pretty cool though, I have really liked all of the residents I have met and I know that I would be happy in any of the places I have been to.

I remember when people used this thread to post the interview invites they've received...

Interviews invites have likely slowed to a crawl at this point

I've received two this week, both with tons of spots open.

When do people start that thread where they start compiling their rank lists and say what their stats are and why they ranked the places the order they did?

When do people start that thread where they start compiling their rank lists and say what their stats are and why they ranked the places the order they did?

Maybe closer to the beginning of the year when interviews are pretty much over and rank lists are almost about to be due.

Any advice for when I should sign up for an interview date as a waitlist? I get interviews but never a date because they're all booked up. Hopefully people cancel I guess.

Any advice for when I should sign up for an interview date as a waitlist? I get interviews but never a date because they're all booked up. Hopefully people cancel I guess.
i.e. if signing up for an earlier or later date is better?

I would assume later as people start having interview fatigue towards the end and start dropping interviews from what I hear.

Not a fan of the google doc so I did the digging for you.

+University of Kentucky

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!

Steps for success:
  1. Click on the blue "REPLY" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
  2. Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets
  3. Type what you are adding at the top so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.
  4. Make your additions to the body of the list. List entry format:

State
    Program Name - Username (date of invite, interview dates offered)

DO Programs:

MD/Dual Programs:

Alabama
University of Alabama - Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Thurs Nov-Jan), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/13, dates offered: same as above)

Arizona

Maricopa Medical Center - MiAR (date of invite: 10/8, interview dates offered: Nov 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 15, 22, 29)

Arkansas
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences - DrDancr (date of invite: 9/23, interview dates offered: Oct 30, Nov 6, 13), Noshie (date of invite: 10/13, interview dates offered: Nov 20)

California
Alameda/Highlands - TigerG (date of invite 10/17)

Kaiser Permanente San Diego - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/11, interview dates offered: Nov 3, 10, 17, 22, Dec 1)

Kaweah Delta - Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov 6, 13, 20, Dec 4, 11, 18, Jan 8, 15, 22, 29); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Thursdays in Nov, Dec, and Jan); Thought Crime Spree (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Same as above)

UCSF Fresno - Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Thursdays October 23rd through January 22nd, 2015)

Stanford - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/1, interview dates offered: Oct 22, Nov 5, 12, 19, 26, Dec 3, 10, 17, 19, Jan 7, 14, 21, 28); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Oct. 22, Nov. 5, 12, 19, 26, Dec. 3, 10, 17, 19, Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28); hrain (date of invite 10/10, interview dates same as above)

UCLA/Olive View - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Oct 21, Nov 4, Nov 11)

Harbor-UCLA - DrDrummer (date of invite: 10/16, dates: Thursdays from 11/13-1/22)

UC Davis - Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/10, dates offered: Mondays and Thursdays Nov. 3 - Dec. 18) MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: Mondays and Thursdays Nov. 3 - Dec. 18)

USC - Anonymous (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: 10/23 ( USC only), 11/6, 11/13, 11/14, 11/20, 11/21, 12/4, 12/5, 12/11, 12/12, 12/18, 12/19, 1/8, 1/9)

Loma Linda - Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/11, dates offered: Oct 21, Nov 4, 11, 18, 25, Dec 2, 9, 16)

Colorado
Denver Health Medical Center - ICanHazChBurger (date of invite: 10/7, interview dates offered: Nov 11, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 16, 17, 31, Jan 7, 14, 20, 21, 28, 29, Feb 4), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates offered: all dates above stI'll open), 5739 (date of invite: 10/22; interview dates offered: November 11, 12, 19, December 3, 10, 16, 17, January 7, 14, 20, 21, 28, 29, February 4)

Connecticut
Yale New Haven Medical Center - Hoot504 (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: Nov 19, Dec 8, Jan 12); DrDancr (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered (I only put dates that are still open although more dates were offered): Oct 15, 22, Nov 5, Jan 7, 12, 21); hrain (date of invite 10/10, interview dates same as above); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/7, interview dates offered: 10/22, 11/19, 12/3, 12/17, 12/22, 1/7,1/12); 5739 (date of invite 10/10, dates available as of 10/12: October 15, 22, November 5, January 21) TigerG (date of invite 10/7)

UConn - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/23, interview dates offered: n/a); hrain (invite 10/02, dates offered: October 20, 22, November 5, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, December 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 17, 19, 22, January 7, 9, 14, 16)

DC
George Washington - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: Tuesdays & Wednesdays, from November 4th, 2014 - January 7th except holiday weeks), TheSkeptic (invite: 10/9, same dates)

Georgetown - sailor06 (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates offered: n/a), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates offered: n/a)

Delaware
Christiana Care Health System - 5739 (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates available as of 10/12: November 4, 11, 18, January 20, 23, 27, 30, February 3)

Florida
Orlando Health - DrDancr (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: Nov 4, 6, 11, 13, 20, 25, Dec 2, 9, 11, 16, 18, Jan 8, 15, 20); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Nov 4, 6, 11, 13, 25, Dec 2, 9, 11, 16, 18, Jan 8, 15, 20); hrain (invite 10/2, interview dates same as above); outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: same as above)

University of Florida COM Shands/Gainesville - Hrain (date of invite 9/30, interview dates offered: Nov 7, 14, 21, Dec 5, 12, 19, Jan 9, 16, 23, 30)

UF CoM Jacksonville - hrain (date of invite 10/23, interview dates offered: early/late options Nov 3, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24; Dec 1, 8, 15; Jan 5, 12)

Georgia
Medical College of Georgia- outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: October 15th, 22nd, November 5th, 12th or 19th), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: same as above)

Illinois
Advocate Christ - emememem (date of invite 10/9, interview dates offered: Nov 10, 11, Dec 2, 9, 16, 19, Jan 5, 9, 12, 16, 19); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: Nov. 10, 11, 14, 18, 21 Dec. 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19 Jan. 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19); 5739 (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates available as of 10/12: December 2, January 5, 9, 12, 16, 19)

Northwestern - emememem (date of invite 10/7, interview dates offered: full, only waitlist)

Presence Resurrection - pkwraith (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov 6, 11, 13, 18, 20); soon2bdrh (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Nov 6, 11, 13, 18, 20)

Southern Illinois- looktme (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Oct 6, 23, Nov 6, 13, 20, Dec 4, 11,18, Jan 8, 15), yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/3, dates offered: full); Thought Crime Spree (date of invite: 10/3, dates offered: full, only waitlist slots)

University of Illinois at Peoria- Noshie (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: Nov 13, Dec 11, Jan 7, 8, 14, 15, 23, 24)

University of Chicago - sailor06 (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates offered: n/a), TigerG (date of invite 10/17)

Cook County - MDWannabeMe (date of invite 10/23, interview dates offered: November 10, 18, 25, December 2, 9, 16, January 6, 13, 20, 27

Indiana
Indiana University - DrDancr (date of invite: 9/30, interview dates offered: October 20, 22, 24, 31, November 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17(EM-Peds), 19, 21, December 3, 5, 8 (EM-Peds), 10, January 5, 7, 9, 12), soon2bdrh (date of invite: 9/30, interview dates offered: October 20, 22, 24, 31, November 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17(EM-Peds), 19, 21, December 3, 5, 8 (EM-Peds), 10, January 5, 7, 9, 12)

Kansas
University of Kansas-kmb1908 (date of invite: 10/10, dates offered: 11/4, 11/11, 11/13, 11/11, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 12/18, 1/6, 1/13, 1/20), Noshie (date of invite: 10/10, dates offered: see above)

Kentucky
University of Louisville -Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/8, interview dates offered: 11/4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 25; 12/2, 4, 9, 10, 16)

University of Kentucky-Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: Mondays Nov-Jan), doit4themunki (date of invite: 11/4, dates offered: 11/24, 12/1, 12/15)

Louisiana
LSU Baton Rouge - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Nov 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, Dec 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, Jan 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22); outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: same)

LSU New Orleans - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov 14th & 21st, Dec 5th, 12th & 19th, Jan 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/16, interview dates offered: Dec 12th (3 spots), Jan 23rd (1 spot), 30th (4 spots)

LSU Shreveport - Noshie (date of invite: 11/6, dates offered: n/a)

Maine
Maine Medical Center - DPT2DO (date of invite: 10/1, interview dates offered: 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/9, 12/15, 1/6, 1/12, 1/20)

Maryland

Johns Hopkins - hrain (date of invite: 10/14, interview dates offered: Fridays from November through January, Nov 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 12, 19; Jan 9, 16, 23, 30) TigerG (date of invite 10/20)

Maryland - MDWannabeMe (date of invite 10/20, interview dates offered: Tuesdays and Wednesdays Nov. 11 - Jan 28)

Massachusetts
MGH/BWH - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: n/a), TigerG (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: 11/25, 11/26, 12/2, 12/3)

BayState Medical Center - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/30, interview dates offered: Nov. 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, Dec. 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, Jan. 6, 9, 13, 16, 20), TheSkeptic (invite 10/2, dates same)

Harvard/BIDMC - Anonymous (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: November 13, 19, 20, December 4, 11, 18, January 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22), DPT2DO (date of invite: 10/1, interview dates: same as above)

UMass - hrain (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: most Mondays and Wednesdays starting November 3rd through January 7th, not the week of Thanksgiving)

BU/BMC - hrain (date of invite 10/23, interview dates offered November 5, 11, 12, 18, 19; December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17; January 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21...filling up very quickly)

Michigan
Central Michigan - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: Oct. 14, 21, Nov. 4, 8, 11, 18, 22, Dec. 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, Jan. 6, 10, 13), Noshie (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: Oct. 14, 21, Nov. 4, 8, 11, 18, 22, Dec. 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, Jan. 6, 10, 13)

Grand Rapids - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: Oct. 23, Nov. 13, 20, Dec. 4, 11, 18, Jan. 8, 15, 22)

Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University - 5739 (date of invite: 10/22, interview dates offered: Nov. 5, 12, 14, 19, 21 and 26; Dec. 3, 5, 9, 10, 16 and 17; Jan. 7, 9, 13 and 14)

University of Michigan St. Joseph Mercy Hospital - 5739 (date of invite: 10/14, interview dates offered: November 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, December 1, 6, 8, 12, 15, 19, January 5, 9)

Western Michigan - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Oct. 11, 18, 19, Nov. 1, 2, 22, 23, Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14, Jan. 10), Noshie (date of invite: 8/27, interview dates offered: n/a)

Wayne State University/Detroit Receiving - 5739 (date of invite 10/7, interview dates offered: November 3, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24; December 1, 2, 22, 23; January 5, 6, 12, 13, 20)

Wayne State University/Sinai Grace Hospital - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: n/a), Noshie (date of invite: 10/20, interview dates offered: Mon and Tues from Nov until mid Jan)

William Beaumont Hospital - 5739 (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Nov. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26; Dec. 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, Jan. 6, 7, 13, 14), soon2bdrh (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Nov. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26; Dec. 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, Jan. 6, 7, 13, 14)

Minnesota
Mayo - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Oct. 13, 20, 24 Nov. 3, 10, 17, 21, 24 Dec. 1, 8, 15 Jan. 5, 12, 16); Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Oct 13, 20, Dec 8, Jan 5, 12, 16); DrDancr (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Oct 13, 20, Jan 5, 12, 16); soon2bdrh (date of invite 9/30, dates offered: Oct 13, 20, Jan 5, 12, 16)

Hennepin County Medical Center - soon2bdrh (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov. 18, 19; Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 30; Jan. 6, 7); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/3, November 18, 19, December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, January 6, 7), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: same as above)

Health Partners / Regions - pkwraith (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: (October 31, November 3, 4, 10, Jan 12)

Mississippi
UMMC - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: most Tuesdays November through early January); Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: 11/4, 11, 18, 25; 12/2, 9; 1/6, 13), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: same as above)

Missouri
Washington University - soon2bdrh (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: Nov. 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24; Dec. 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19; Jan. 5, 9)

University of Missouri-Columbia- Noshie (date of invite: 10/13, interview dates offered: Nov 12, 13, 19, 20, Dec 3, 10, 11, 17, Jan 7, 8)

University of Missouri-Kansas City- Noshie (date of invite: 10/15, interview dates offered: filled except Nov 11 and 14); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/15, interview dates offered: n/a)

Saint Louis University- islandaddy1881 (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates offered: Oct. 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12, 19, Dec. 10, Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28)

Nebraska
UNMC - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Nov 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 12, 19, and Jan 9, 16, 23, 30)

Nevada
University of Nevada - AvocadoLover (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Nov. 12, 19, 26, Oct. 3, 10, 17, 31, Jan. 7, 14, 21) Anonymous (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 12/31, 1/7, 1/14, 1/21) Thought Crime Spree (date of invite:9/26, same dates offered as above), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/23, interview dates offered: same as above

New Hampshire
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - ICanHazChBurger (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Tuesdays and Wednesdays in from early Nov through Dec 17), DPT2DO (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: same as above), Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/8, dates offered: same as above) TigerG (date of invite 10/16)

New Jersey
Atlantic Health (Morristown) - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/17, interview dates offered: n/a), yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 9/18, dates offered: every Tuesday from 10/28 - 1/27)

Rutgers New Jersey Medical School - yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/6, dates offered: 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 12/23, 12/30, 1/7, 1/14), TheSkeptic (date of invite: 9/29, dates offered: same)

Newark Beth Israel Medical Center - yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/13, dates offered: 11/5, 11/12, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 1/14)

Cooper University Hospital - yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/13, dates offered: 11/4, 11/5, 11/12, 11/18, 11/19, 11/25, 12/2, 12/3)

New York
Maimonides Medical Center- Noshie (date of invite: 9/29, interview dates offered: Oct 24, 31, Nov 3), Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/11, dates offered: Oct 20, Nov 3, 7, 10, 17, 24)

Mt. Sinai-St. Lukes/Roosevelt - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: Oct. 6, interview dates offered: Mondays from Nov. 3 - Jan 12 except Dec. 22 and 29); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15, 12/22, 1/5, 1/12)

Mt. Sinai Hospital- MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates offered: Oct 21, Nov 4, 11, 15, 25, Dec 2, 6, 12, 16); Anonymous (date of invite: 10/7, interview dates offered: as of 10/11 available dates are 10/21, 11/4, 11/15, 12/2, 12/6, 12/16); 5739 (date of invite: 10/10, interview dates available as of 10/12: same as above) TigerG (date of invite 10/14)

Mt Sinai Beth Israel : Tiger G (10/21)

New York University/Bellevue - ICanHazChBurger (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Nov 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, Dec 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, Jan 5, 9, 12, 16, 23, 26)

New York Hospital Queens - 5739 (date of invite: 10/13, interview dates offered: November 18,21; December 2,9,12,19; January 6,10 (Saturday),13,16,23,27,30)

NYMC at St Joseph's: Hockeydr09

Stony Brook - Anonymous (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: as of 10/11 all days are full except for one spot each on 10/21 & 10/22)

SUNY Downstate/King's County - DrDrummer (date of invite: 10/23, interview dates offered: Mondays/Thursdays, as of 10/23 all dates are filled)

University of Rochester - DPT2DO (date of invite: 10/2, interview dates offered: Tues, Thurs and Sat from 11/6 through 1/8)

NY Presbyterian-Cornell/Columbia - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/13, interview dates offered:
Oct. 27, 31, Nov. 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, Dec 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, Jan. 5, 9, 12)

Brooklyn Hospital Center- Noshie (date of invite: 10/24, interview dates offered: every Friday until Feb)

North Carolina
Carolinas Medical Center - DrDancr (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: Nov 17, 19, 20, 24, Dec 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, Jan 5, 7), DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/19, interview dates offered: same as above)

Duke - pkwraith (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20; Dec 18; Jan 15)

ECU/Vidant - Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/8, interview dates offered: 11/17, 19, 20, 24; 12/2, 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 18), yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/9, dates offered: same as above)

Wake Forest - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: October 21, November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9, 16, January 6, 13)

UNC-CH - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: 10/13, interview dates offered: Morning and afternoon sessions Oct 21, 22, Nov. 5, 11, 12, Dec. 3, 10, 17)

Ohio
Akron General - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/25, date of interviews offered: Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, Nov. 6, 13, 20 Dec. 4, 11, 18, January 8, 15, 22, 29)

University of Cincinnati - ucbsmd (date of invite: 9/22, date of interviews offered: November 10, 14, 17, and 21, December 1, 5, 8, 12, 15 and 19, January 5, 9, 12 and 16), 5739 (date of invite: 10/13, date of interviews offered: same as above)

University Hospitals/Case Medical Center - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/19, interview dates offered: Nov. 5, 11, 12, 19, 25, Dec. 3, 9, 10, 17, 30, Jan 6, 14, 21, 28), Anonymous (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: same as above)

Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth) - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/26, interview dates offered: Oct. 15, 21, 22 Nov. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17 Jan. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28)

Wright State - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/18, interview dates offered: December 8, 15, 22, 29)

Summa Health System/NEOMED - FutureDocs (10/1, interview dates offered: Nov 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 & 26,Dec 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 & 17,Jan 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28), Noshie (date of invite: 10/1, interview dates offered: same dates)

Ohio State - Anonymous (date of invite: 10/3, interview dates offered: Nov. 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 & 20; Dec. 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, & 18 and Jan. 14 & 15)

Oklahoma

University of Oklahoma - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/14, interview dates offered: Nov 4, 6, 13,18, Dec 4, 9, 11, 18, Jan 6)

Oregon
OHSU - 5739 (date of invite: 10/6, date of interviews offered: Tuesdays: Dec. 2, 16, Jan 6, 13. Wednesdays: Nov 12, 19, Dec 3, 17 and Jan 7, 14, 21)

Pennsylvania
Albert Einstein Healthcare Network - yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 9/29, dates offered: 12/1, 12/2, 12/8, 12/9, 12/15, 12/16, 1/5, 1/6, 1/12, 1/13), Noshie (Date of invite: 9/22, dates offered: n/a), TheSkeptic (invited: 9/29, dates offered: same)

Allegheny General Hospital- Noshie (date of invite: 10/7, dates offered: Mondays and Thursdays throughout the season); 5739 (date of invite: 10/14, dates offered as above)

Jefferson (date of invite: 10/27. Dates offered: full)

St. Luke's University Hospital - 5739 (date of invite: 9/26, date of interviews offered: Dec. 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18; January 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22) TheSkeptic (date of invite: 9/18, dates of interview: same), Noshie (date of invite: 10/14, date of interviews offered: Dec 3, 4, 11, 17, 18, Jan 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 22)

Penn State - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/29, date of interviews offered: Nov. 5, 12, 19, 25); Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/1, date of interviews offered: Nov 12, Dec 3), TheSkeptic (date 9/29, date of interview Nov 5,12,19,25)

Temple - 5739 (date of invite: 10/17, interview dates available as of 10/19: November 10, December 4, 11, 15, January 8, 12, 15, 22)

U Penn - MDWannabeMe (date of invite: Oct. 6, interview dates offered: Nov. 12, 18, 19, Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, Jan 6, 7, 13, 14), TigerG (Date of invite 10/22)

UPMC - 5739 (date of invite: Oct. 7, interview dates offered: October 23, 24; November 3, 6, 7, 10, 13, 14, 20, 21, 24; December 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22; January 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 22, 23)

York Hospital - InFactotum (date of invite: 10/8, interview dates offered: October 20, November 3, 10, 17, 24, December 1, 8, 15 and January 5, 12, 19), TheSkeptic (date of invite: 10/8, dates offered: same)

Geisinger - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite 10/7, interview dates offered: Mondays and Saturdays November through January)

Rhode Island
Brown: DPT2DO (date of invite: 10/7, dates of interview: Wednesdays starting Nov 5); TigerG (date of invite: 10/7, dates of interview: 11/5, 11/12, 11/19 Only 8 total interview dates)

South Carolina
Palmetto/USC: outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/8, dates of interview: unsure of complete list), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/16, interview dates offered: also unsure of complete list)

Medical University of South Carolina - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/15, interview dates offered: Nov 17, 21, Dec 1, 5, 8)

Tennessee
University of Tennessee Murfreesboro/Nashville - Anonymous (date of invite: 9/19/2014, interview dates offered: n/a); Thought Crime Spree (date of invite 9/23, dates offered: pretty much every Thursday and Friday from Oct 16 to Jan 30)

University of Tennessee-Chattanooga-Outsidelinebacker (invite:10/6, interview dates: Weds mid-November to mid-January)

Vanderbilt - emememem (date of invite 10/9), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/16, interview dates offered: Nov 6, 13, Jan 9, 15, 22, 29, 30, Feb 5, 6)

Texas
Baylor - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/24, interview dates offered: Nov 5, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 17, Jan 7, 14, 21, 28)

Scott & White - Hoot504 (date of invite: 10/14, dates offered: Nov 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, Dec 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, Jan 7, 9, 14)

JPS Health Network - Hoot504 (date of invite: 9/30, interview dates offered: Oct 20, 22 Nov 3, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 Dec 3, 8, 10, 15, 17 Jan 7, 12, 14), DrDancr (date of invite: 10/9, interview dates offered: same as above)

Christus Spohn - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite 10/1, dates offered: Nov 4, 5, 12, 18, 19; Dec 2, 3, 10, 16, 17)

Texas Tech El Paso- Noshie (date of invite: 10/6, interview dates offered: Mondays and Thursdays throughout the season)

UT Houston - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/11, interview dates offered : Nov 7, 11, 18; Dec 9, 12, 16; Jan 6, 16, 20)

UT San Antonio - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/15, interview dates offered: Nov 18, 25, Dec 2, 9, 16, Jan 6, 13, 20, 27)

UT Southwestern - DrDancr (date of invite: 10/10, dates offered: Nov 11, 14, 18, 21, Dec 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, Jan 9, 13, 16, 20); Outsidelinebacker (date of invite: 10/10; same as above); 5739 (date of invite: 10/10; interview dates available as of 10/12: November 18)

UTSW Austin - DrDrummer (date of invite: 10/24, dates offered: Mondays and Fridays from mid-November to January)

Virginia
EVMS - DPT2DO (date of invite: 9/25, interview dates offered: Nov 3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 17, 19; Dec 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19; Jan 7, 9, 12, 13

Va Tech Carilion - ucbsmd (date of invite 10/7, interview dates offered: oct 29; nov 5,12,19,26; dec 3,10,17; jan 7,14), Noshie (date of invite: 10/7, interview dates offered: see above)

VCU - MDWannabeMe (date of invite 10/9, interview dates offered: Fridays and Saturdays. Nov 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, Dec 5, 6, 13, 19)

UVA - Anonymous (date of invite 10/21, interview dates offered: unsure of complete list)

Washington
University of Washington - 5739 (date of invite: 10/16, interview dates available as of 10/19: none)

West Virginia
West Virginia University - yellowalmondtre (date of invite: 10/14, dates offered: 11/13, 11/19, 12/4, 12/11, 1/15, 1/16, 1/22, 1/29)

Wisconsin

Medical College of Wisconsin - Thought Crime Spree (date of invite 10/1, dates offered Oct 10, 17, 24; Nov 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 12, 19); soon2bdrh (date of invite 10/1, dates offered Oct 10, 17, 24; Nov 7, 14, 21; Dec 5, 12, 19)

University of Wisconsin - (date of invite 10/17, dates offered: October 23, 30, November 6, 13, 20, 26, December 4, 11, 18, January 8)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

im starting to get a bit worried :/ 48 applications, and have 4 interviews with 10 rejections. Granted I havent heard back from most of them but as we are starting to get into mid november its troubling to see my classmates with 10 interviews.

im starting to get a bit worried :/ 48 applications, and have 4 interviews with 10 rejections. Granted I havent heard back from most of them but as we are starting to get into mid november its troubling to see my classmates with 10 interviews.
At this point in time, 4 interviews just isn't enough. Our school keeps weekly tabs on our interview numbers and breaks it down by specialty. EM is averaging 15 interviews currently although there are a couple couples matchers with 30+ interview invites that are skewing the stats a bit. Nevertheless the range is between 4-30+. If you haven't already started, you should be emailing programs reiterating your interest in them and asking about your status. You should also be getting in contact with your specialty advisor if you have one.

At this point in time, 4 interviews just isn't enough. Our school keeps weekly tabs on our interview numbers and breaks it down by specialty. EM is averaging 15 interviews currently although there are a couple couples matchers with 30+ interview invites that are skewing the stats a bit. Nevertheless the range is between 4-30+. If you haven't already started, you should be emailing programs reiterating your interest in them and asking about your status. You should also be getting in contact with your specialty advisor if you have one.

thanks for the advice and giving me the heads up, I will definitely start emailing the programs I have left. Should simply asking them about the program and saying I am still interested in attending do the trick?

The way I was instructed to word it was,

"Hello Dr. PD,

I'm a 4th year medical student from ___ medical school that is applying to your program. I have been doing some research on your program and love what I see. (Here is where you insert specifics about the program that you like, also, mention liking the city they are located in if you actually do and stating any connections that you might have with the city). I would love the opportunity to come visit if you believe I'm a good fit for your program. Also, I would appreciate anything you can tell me about the status of my application. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Zebra Hunter"

4 interviews is going to be tough, but it only takes one to like you in order to match. I am just curious though. What is the reason that you have 4 interviews? Did you apply late?

I agree with Zebra here, The only thing you have left to try is to email programs directly. Its too late to apply to more programs or to just wait around for more interviews. If you have ties to a certain area, family around the program or a good reason to be there, make sure to tell them.

I just looked at charting outcomes and was surprised to see that last year, of the 29 US allopathic med school applicants for EM that ranked only 4 programs, 20 matched. And even more amazing, of the 29 US seniors that only ranked 1 program, 13 matched. That's nearly 50%! I'm not even sure how that's possible. And looking at the 2011 data, it looks like the outcomes of ranking just 1-3 programs were a bit different, but the rest were very similar.

So even if you didn't get that many interviews, as long as you have more than 3, the odds seem to still be in your favor of matching.

From one animal hunter to another, thanks for bringing up everyone's spirits, Zebra.

I just looked at charting outcomes and was surprised to see that last year, of the 29 US allopathic med school applicants for EM that ranked only 4 programs, 20 matched. And even more amazing, of the 29 US seniors that only ranked 1 program, 13 matched. That's nearly 50%! I'm not even sure how that's possible. And looking at the 2011 data, it looks like the outcomes of ranking just 1-3 programs were a bit different, but the rest were very similar.

So even if you didn't get that many interviews, as long as you have more than 3, the odds seem to still be in your favor of matching.

13/29 is what, 46-47%? Stand by...ah, hell, it's just under 45%. That's REALLY "suicide matching".

Please, that can hardly be reassuring. After 4 years of busting your tookus... congratulations! You have a ~66% chance of proceeding on to a real career!

As to the 50% chance with one rank thing, also not surprising. Isn't the chance of getting your 1st choice in EM approximately 50%? Not sure where the hard data is for this but I've seen it touted on this board multiple times.

Given that the single interview is more likely than not a home institution or away rotation interview, I'd say its quite surprising. Also, given the fact that the individual likely has very poor stats, which puts them at a disadvantage when programs rank them.

Also, a 66% chance is pretty much what a plastic surgery applicant is looking at. I'd say 66% chance despite only 4 interviews is very good odds when put into perspective, and chances go up significantly with each additional interview. 5 interviews = 82%, 7 interviews = 90%, 9 interviews = 93%...

The point of my post is that there is still a significant amount of hope for those that didn't get as many interviews as they wouldve liked.

Given that the single interview is more likely than not a home institution or away rotation interview, I'd say its quite surprising. Also, given the fact that the individual likely has very poor stats, which puts them at a disadvantage when programs rank them.

Also, a 66% chance is pretty much what a plastic surgery applicant is looking at. I'd say 66% chance despite only 4 interviews is very good odds when put into perspective, and chances go up significantly with each additional interview. 5 interviews = 82%, 7 interviews = 90%, 9 interviews = 93%...

The point of my post is that there is still a significant amount of hope for those that didn't get as many interviews as they wouldve liked.

Let's just agree that the folks going on 20+ interviews are being a tad ridiculous

Reactions: 1 users
Saying that it is a "tad" ridiculous going on 20 interviews, might be a tad bit too nice of a way to phrase it :)

4 interviews is going to be tough, but it only takes one to like you in order to match. I am just curious though. What is the reason that you have 4 interviews? Did you apply late?

I agree with Zebra here, The only thing you have left to try is to email programs directly. Its too late to apply to more programs or to just wait around for more interviews. If you have ties to a certain area, family around the program or a good reason to be there, make sure to tell them.

Since people are curious:
Step1: 230
Step2: going to be taken mid november
1 SLOR (it was a very good one) and 2 letters (one from a cardiologists and one from an ER doc I worked with)
Passed all 3rd yr rotations, no honors though.
Home institution does NOT have an EM residency, its a relatively new school (they just got an EM director...)

I think what might be slowing me down is lack of step 2 and 2nd sloe.

That being said, I got another interview yesterday so that brings me up to 5 :)

I think what might be slowing me down is lack of step 2 and 2nd sloe.

It's almost definitely the second SLOE. All of the places I looked at required 2. Maybe the places you applied to are different, but if not, my money is on the letter. Technically you have an incomplete application at any program that requires two of those things.

It's almost definitely the second SLOE. All of the places I looked at required 2. Maybe the places you applied to are different, but if not, my money is on the letter. Technically you have an incomplete application at any program that requires two of those things.
Exactly

Agreed. I have similar stats. No Step 2. But 2 SLOEs in since Sep. 15th. Currently sitting with 5 times as many invites.

Let this be a warning to future applicants.. SLOEs above all else seems to be the name of the game.

I'm not sure this is true. I also have 5x as many interview invites but only 1 SLOE