Sep 8, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So, I registered for NMS this AM. I am reapplicant. My understanding is that the current residency contract I have with my program is only for one year (I am in a regular 3 yr program but my contract will need renewal after one yr). I am only interested in the AOA scramble. Do I need to do the ERAS again? Does anyone here know?
Thanks!

Iamnotme

Membership Revoked
Removed
Sep 20, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So, I registered for NMS this AM. I am reapplicant. My understanding is that the current residency contract I have with my program is only for one year (I am in a regular 3 yr program but my contract will need renewal after one yr). I am only interested in the AOA scramble. Do I need to do the ERAS again? Does anyone here know?
Thanks!
In order to be in the scramble, you actually have to have applied for one program, and have to register with the NRMP as well. However I would not suggest that you go that way if you want to switch. The scramble or SOAP does not have a great deal of options/openings, particularly in competitive/more desired specialties.

OP
C
Sep 8, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the reply. I am actually talking about the "AOA side of things. Do I still need to apply through ERAS as a repeat applicant?