2014 MSAR Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mopitt16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying this upcoming cycle and am looking to get a school list together. Is the 2013 MSAR Online worth buying, or should I wait for the 2014 MSAR Online? And would that come out soon?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont imagine that they would be terribly different. The only situation that I can think of where it would matter is if there is a relatively new school you are interested in that had their students match for the first time this year.

I don't think it would matter much, but keep in mind there are some changes in average accepted GPA/MCATs (as well as the 10% and 90% accepted GPA/MCAT percentiles) from year to year (normally an increase of 1 point in the MCAT). I wouldn't be surprised if all the top 10s in the 2014 MSAR had MCAT acceptance averages of 37s. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
You have one year of access from the time you sign up. So, if you buy it now I would think the new info would just automatically update in April when the new one comes out - you should make sure thats the case though. I would want the new one before I made my final school list. Even though probably not much will change, some schools increase enrollment year to year, and some schools always claim to be accepting more and more OOS. Obviously, MCAT/GPA could change a little although probably not enough to make a difference.

Thank you both. So the online version updates as information is reported to AAMC?

As I understand it the MSAR updates only once a year, in April. I'm just saying that if you purchase it in March, come April the info should automatically update.

Thank you both. So the online version updates as information is reported to AAMC?
Yep, I bought the MSAR when it was the 2012 version and it updated to the 2013 when it became available. You just buy access to the most recent MSAR data for a year, I don't think you purchase a particular version.