2015-2016 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten pulled off of UC recently? Are they just waiting for traffic day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten pulled off of UC recently? Are they just waiting for traffic day?

I was wondering the same thing. I was confused by the initial email I received about being UC. It made it sound like we wouldn't hear anything until nearly the end of June. Did anyone else read it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was wondering the same thing. I was confused by the initial email I received about being UC. It made it sound like we wouldn't hear anything until nearly the end of June. Did anyone else read it that way?

+1. Although I'm hoping that's not really the case. Having us wait until the end of June is pretty ridiculous for so many reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year someone reported being accepted off UC on 4/22 then there was bulk movement on 5/4 to acceptances and Alternate Listing being the majority. Then there were acceptances offered through June and I know of someone who was accepted right before classes started.
There is hope but also keep in mind there were several rejections off UC because not all of us on UC get placed on that Alt List.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, hope one of you gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance here. Best of luck to you guys.

I will most likely be withdrawing, got two acceptances which I am ranking higher for various reasons. Best of luck to those waiting. Thanks to Albany for even giving me a chance at all!

Dropping my seat. Good luck to y'all.

Reactions: 5 users
Formally withdrew, albeit painfully. Good luck to y'all, when you get in off that waitlists please keep posting so we can celebrate with you!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off UC list just now but I'll be withdrawing- good luck everyone!

Just accepted off the UC list as well, II 3/31.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning. First acceptance this cycle!!! Interviewed 4/5. Put on UC list a week later. Didnt send any updates/interest letters. I'm ecstatic !!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed mid March, application status hasn't changed. I was never put on the UC list, but I also haven't been rejected. Sweating over here...should I be worried I wasn't even put on the UC list yet? Seems like most people were either rejected or put on the UC list right away....

Interviewed mid March, application status hasn't changed. I was never put on the UC list, but I also haven't been rejected. Sweating over here...should I be worried I wasn't even put on the UC list yet? Seems like most people were either rejected or put on the UC list right away....
Maybe you should call admissions?

You definitely should have heard by now about some type of decision- check spam folders.

And congratulations to those who were accepted!! I wish they would release the rank order :/

Congrats! Did you send an update?

I didn't send an update but I am very grateful for my first MD acceptance and loved the atmosphere of the school when I visited.

Any idea if UC acceptances are sent out in batches? Wondering if I should stop hoping for an acceptance and expect a waitlist or rejection now...

Interviewed mid October, finally taken off the freaking UC list. Odds are I won't be attending here unless the financial aid is substantial, though.

Accepted off UC list just now but I'll be withdrawing- good luck everyone!

Just accepted off the UC list as well, II 3/31.

Accepted this morning. First acceptance this cycle!!! Interviewed 4/5. Put on UC list a week later. Didnt send any updates/interest letters. I'm ecstatic !!!!!

Interviewed mid October, finally taken off the freaking UC list. Odds are I won't be attending here unless the financial aid is substantial, though.

For those accepted off UC, what were your stats?

Sitting here on the UC list without any acceptances still and crossing my fingers that they're sending out more emails tomorrow. But realistically starting to get really worried...

Sitting here on the UC list without any acceptances still and crossing my fingers that they're sending out more emails tomorrow. But realistically starting to get really worried...

With you buddy!

Same boat. Hoping that I just get placed on the alternate list and not axed in the coming weeks.

Is there a certain date that we are supposed to be looking towards? I've never known a school to take this long in notifying their applicants

Just accepted off the UC list. Interviewed end of January

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Any guess on when we find out if we are rejected or put on the alternate list? Getting seriously bummed out by all the waitlist movement :(

I know they said the alternate list comes in June but it seems like they started hearing back in May last year.

I accepted a seat at a school that starts mid July so I have to start getting ready to go there. I'll drop everything if I got an acceptance at Albany, even if I get the acceptance after I start school (not really sure how that would be handled but I'll figure that out if I'm in that situation).

Any guess on when we find out if we are rejected or put on the alternate list? Getting seriously bummed out by all the waitlist movement :(

I am more encouraged by the movement and fear when it appears stagnant on the forum. If there is movement it means the class is not full and we are closer to being up next. Less posts and the creation of an alternate list means we have less of a chance because we are depending on people to drop out who fully accepted.

accepted just now, UC since Dec, will most likely be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

I just completed my Certiphi background check. I read on another thread that we have to pay to get it done but it didn't cost me anything. Was it the same for others as well?

Last edited:
Accepted on 5/3 off the UC List, interviewed in early December. IS, LizzyM 71. I can't wait! Anyone else who was accepted know of any FB pages or threads for us to get in contact with one another?

I know they said the alternate list comes in June but it seems like they started hearing back in May last year.
I hope we don't have to wait until June.

Accepted on 5/3 off the UC List, interviewed in early December. IS, LizzyM 71. I can't wait! Anyone else who was accepted know of any FB pages or threads for us to get in contact with one another?
Congrats! And yes there is a link to the FB group earlier within this thread but it appears that it takes some time for them to accept you once you try to join.

congrats to all accepted and continued good luck to those still UC.

Does anyone know how long after submitting the required 3 forms and deposit it took to receive any other information? Any information like when classes start, orientation schedule, class registration, physicals, health insurance, or really anything. I've only heard from financial aid, and I called them...

Thanks for the help!

Hey! I haven't heard any information about any of those things yet either besides on the facebook group. Orientation starts July 30th and classes start August 4th.
thanks!! Hopefully we hear something soonish. but thanks for the dates! That is definitely helpful :)

congrats to all accepted and continued good luck to those still UC.

Does anyone know how long after submitting the required 3 forms and deposit it took to receive any other information? Any information like when classes start, orientation schedule, class registration, physicals, health insurance, or really anything. I've only heard from financial aid, and I called them...

Thanks for the help!

I haven't received any other information either but for physicals and health requirements, I did find info online just by searching the AMC admissions website!