2015-2016 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In case you all didn't know, if you have been accepted to Loma Linda, there is a Facebook group for the class of 2020. It is another good resource if you have questions as you transition to Loma Linda over the summer.

Hey could you send a link to this? I can't seem to find it on Facebook.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interested in sharing off-campus housing? I'm planning on bringing my car with me and wouldn't mind finding a nice 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment that's less than 10-15miles from school. Also, is there a page where we can find roommates?

Thanks!
Southern California has a lot of traffic. You want to look for something less than 10-15 minutes from school. Trust me.

Thanks Wonderdog! So probably something less than 5 miles ? What is best way to find a roommate?

Probably best to stick to Loma Linda or Redlands. Check out the Loma Linda trading post (google it), LLUSM Free for sale (facebook group), or chit chat with other classmates on the class facebook.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if LLU offers any kind of financial aid in the form of scholarships/grants/need-based aid? I know that they really don't offer much in that realm, but do they ever offer anything? Thank you!

Does anyone know if LLU offers any kind of financial aid in the form of scholarships/grants/need-based aid? I know that they really don't offer much in that realm, but do they ever offer anything? Thank you!

If accepted, you'll find more information about paying for medical school in your information packet.

II email: Feb 10
Interview: Feb 23
Accepted: Mar 10

See you in August!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance here. I really liked this school but have decided to attend my homeschool, UM Miller SOM :banana: I hope my spot goes to one of you soon! :)

Long time lurker first time poster.
I sub- 12/01/15
II sub- 1/19/16
Still no interview invite or mail from LLUSOM.
They don't generally hold off this long for interviews do they?

Got a mail letter today, probably a rejection since it seems like mail is rejection and phone call is acceptance.

Good luck everyone

I was going to ask this on the fb group but...for some reason I feel bad asking questions on there. What's a typical day like for the LLUSM student? With lecture + lab + chapel etc, how does a schedule usually look like?

I was going to ask this on the fb group but...for some reason I feel bad asking questions on there. What's a typical day like for the LLUSM student? With lecture + lab + chapel etc, how does a schedule usually look like?

Hey there, I understand the hesitance to ask questions. Ya'll are trying to make good first impressions. However, in answer to your question:

MF: 8a - 12p Lecture
TTh: 8am-12p (somewhere in here, you have 1 hour of religion)
W: 8a-11a Lecture; 11a-12p Chapel
Sometimes you have labs - Like histology and Anatomy cadaver labs.

Reactions: 2 users
Got rejection letter yesterday, but I think it's thoughtful of them to have sent snail mail :joyful:. Congrats to everyone accepted and attending this school!

Members don't see this ad :)
What do current students think about purchasing used textbooks from other students (like MS2's)? Would that be something you recommend? And...when do we find out what are the recommended textbooks and materials for MS1? I'M SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS :shrug::bow:

That is all

Reactions: 1 user
Most students I know get their books from upperclassmen, who usually sell them in bulk/pairs/single for cheap. There is a facebook page where people sell books and other stuff so you should check it out...and if there is something you are looking for you can post it on their too. There are also a lot of free books going around so take advantage of that. Also there are books for free at the Alumni center. lol ask all the questions you want!

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been already answered somewhere. But, when do call outs happen for the next few months? Is it alwasy 3rd thursday of every month? I know some months have been in the second week.

I apologize if this has been already answered somewhere. But, when do call outs happen for the next few months? Is it alwasy 3rd thursday of every month? I know some months have been in the second week.

From what I have been told, this month is the last call out... And from then on, calls will go out occasionally to replace the ones who have rejected their acceptance. Of course... I could be wrong.

For this month: calls will probably return to the third week?... Last month it was the second week because Match Day fell during the third week (everyone is probably busy with that).

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure, but I think it is one of the last big waves of acceptances. I know they keep accepting up until late July (each year, they often have one person who gets an acceptance call a few days before orientation due to someone deferring), but I think acceptances do not come out in as big of batches as the Dec, Jan, and Feb call outs. Again, I am not completely sure, but based off of activity on the SDN LLU thread last year, and the fact that most people I know got calls between Dec. and Feb, is what leads me to make this hypothesis.

Also, there is one last interview (that I know of) in late Feb, so there may possibly be call outs again later in the spring. But at this point, I think it will probably be a much smaller batch of calls.

Just to add to this, I'm that one lucky person who got the call 24 hours before the welcome picnic and 2 days before the white coat ceremony. If you are on the wait list or haven't heard yet don't give up!

Did anyone hear back today? Or is it supposed to be next week?

I was looking at my phone the whole day...but nothing:( I hope it's next week...

I received a phone call last night from them informing me of my acceptance! Submitted in October and interviewed on 3/15/16.

Reactions: 3 users
I received a phone call last night from them informing me of my acceptance! Submitted in October and interviewed on 3/15/16.
Congratulations! Really happy for you! Wish us all luck and pray for us who are still waiting.

Word on the street is that invitations for the MMS (commonly known as the "biomed") program were recently sent out. If you're offered a position for this program, do it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Do you guys think it's okay to contact admissions through email or phone call?
I am still hoping to get accepted.

Last edited:
I heard that they do not like it when you call. But people have done it before and were fine. From what I know, you can still be accepted up until the start of the summer session.

I have a friend who was also accepted last Thursday, he interviewed in March.

I guess we're on the waiting list then... hoping for the best for us all

Anyone know when people are supposed to receive letters for Biomed?

Received the alternate list by snail mail. Are we able to send updated coursework through an email?

I just checked my mailbox. I got the invitation letter for biomed!

Just solidified my decision to come here. See you all in August

Reactions: 2 users
serious question...really interested in this school. is this school nationally "respected" within the medical community? what are comparable "ranking" schools? i'm assuming that this is not a legitimate concern to have but kind of curious because i dont hear too much about this school on the forum.

A friend of mine called admissions office every week until his acceptance call to remind them of his desire to attend llusm. He got the acceptance call early August. My impression is that it can help here at Loma Linda.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There is a Facebook group titled "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2020".

I was going to put this in a post that I was going to write on info for newly accepted students. Since that has not happened (thank you medical school), here it is now.

I have been accepted to LLU SOM! Yay! Can someone send me the facebook link to the 2020 class? I haven't been able to find it. I am debated between Med College of Wisconsin and LLU. Thanks!

I have been accepted to LLU SOM! Yay! Can someone send me the facebook link to the 2020 class? I haven't been able to find it. I am debated between Med College of Wisconsin and LLU. Thanks!
In the Facebook search bar, enter "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2020". That is how I found my classes group. Let me know if it doesn't work. Hope this helps!

In the Facebook search bar, enter "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2020". That is how I found my classes group. Let me know if it doesn't work. Hope this helps!
Found it, added. Thanks!

the facebook group is closed. How do I get in?

Hi guys, looking forward to meeting you all in a month :) Does anyone know if we should have CPR certification prior to starting first year?

I just checked my mailbox. I got the invitation letter for biomed!
Hey saw your post from last year about getting invited to the biomedical program. How do you like it? Are you in classes with medical student? Is is automatic acceptance to medical school after that?

Hey saw your post from last year about getting invited to the biomedical program. How do you like it? Are you in classes with medical student? Is is automatic acceptance to medical school after that?
Check your message :)