2015-2016 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone that interviewed in February after the February advocacy meeting heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well dang, I wonder if no letter at this point is extremely bad or extremely good?

NFA came in the mail today, Nola. Interviewed March 11. So not looking forward to the post-meeting mail wait again... That was brutal!

Has anyone that interviewed in February after the February advocacy meeting heard anything?
I interviewed pretty early in Feb and have heard nada.

Edit : just checked the mail and I got a NFA.

Last edited:
So it seems like there aren't any acceptances from people who interviewed between the February advocacy meeting and the one in April?

So it seems like there aren't any acceptances from people who interviewed between the February advocacy meeting and the one in April?
Which makes me think we weren't included before the fill date when the weather canceled our advocacy meeting. If that's true I'm extremely disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my NFA as well this evening. Sent April 21st. Well the bright side is that this has made me more determined than ever to pass my final exams. Overall though, this left me dispirited too.

All I would like to know is if explicit rejection letters were sent only to non-interviewees? Because this letter feels like a rejection but with a free Powerball ticket attached.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my NFA as well this evening. Sent April 21st. Well the bright side is that this has made me more determined than ever to pass my final exams. Overall though, this left me dispirited too.

All I would like to know is if explicit rejection letters were sent only to non-interviewees? Because this letter feels like a rejection but with a free Powerball ticket attached.

I have to imagine there were others who interviewed recently and received rejection letters over the past few days. Not sure how many NFAs they hand out after filling the class but you would think they already have a small pool of them from earlier parts of the cycle. Also, they said at the beginning of the interview that they look for people who try to boost their resumes while waiting. Handing in strong final grades could certainly help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be withdrawing this afternoon barring some miraculous scholarship offer.
I hope my spot goes to one of you deserving folk! I know how excruciating the waiting process can be. I was an NFA last year.
Hang in there and keep the faith! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I will be withdrawing this afternoon barring some miraculous scholarship offer.
I hope my spot goes to one of you deserving folk! I know how excruciating the waiting process can be. I was an NFA last year.
Hang in there and keep the faith! :)

Congrats and thank you!

NFA, got it Saturday. March interview. Pray lots of people got accepted to multiple schools (and choose to go elsewhere) so some of us can have their spots!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hang in there everyone. I interviewed Feb. last year. Second year trying. I got acceptance letter postmarked May 12.

Rejected pre II. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Withdrew this morning. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 2 users
So can someone explain what the process is for the NFA'd people now? I remember Eubanks giving us dates on interview day about when they would put together a rank list and then start pulling people off the waitlist in order of the rankling they made. I just don't remember the dates he gave.

So can someone explain what the process is for the NFA'd people now? I remember Eubanks giving us dates on interview day about when they would put together a rank list and then start pulling people off the waitlist in order of the rankling they made. I just don't remember the dates he gave.

I think there is a meeting this Wednesday and then the letter game begins again

does anyone know where to find residency match data for LSU new orleans? OOS trying to decide between this school and another.

does anyone know where to find residency match data for LSU new orleans? OOS trying to decide between this school and another.

MD/PhD match list:
Neurology - LSUHSC new orleans
Neurology - Baylor
Pathology - Emory
Plastics (Integrated) - SIU

Thanks. When did you apply? Just a curious question, you may not know, but will this be like the committee meetings after the interviews where they send a decision (accept, reject, NFA) letter to everyone?

Ostensibly, today is when they re-address all the individuals on the NFA list. So it is not restricted to recent interviews.

I can feel it... They are talking about us... :naughty::naughty:

Reactions: 3 users
I can feel it... They are talking about us... :naughty::naughty:
Hopefully very good things.. I hope they had a lot of spots to fill!! Also praying to sweet baby jesus that they send out letters quick this time around.. but i guess we can all count on a letter by middle of next week.

Thanks. When did you apply? Just a curious question, you may not know, but will this be like the committee meetings after the interviews where they send a decision (accept, reject, NFA) letter to everyone?

I think it is accept, reject, waitlist

Yo!!!!! I recieved acceptance E-MAIL!!!! LSU is asking me if I still want the spot - and then formal letter will be send out! Check e-mails y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe it!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted. No mail, but got an email saying they met Wednesday and are offering me acceptance and formal letter soon. Just FYI I'm a nontrad NOLA resident, 501 MCAT 32 hr 3.52 took all 3-4000 level science courses at UNO been working as a nurse for 5 years. 2nd year applying interviewed early March. Good luck guys hope to meet you in the fall!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats ladies and gents!

Thanks for letting me know to scramble for my emails; I'm glad they're doing this efficient method but does getting no email imply no acceptance from last meeting?

Last edited:
Congrats guys. Also no letter :(. Assuming the worst

They may also be mailing letters in waves and e-mailing each of them at separate times. On the other hand, it is pretty convenient to email one big batch and take care of the mailing later. Either way, we still at least had a nice, chill tour/interview and know what to address for the next cycle; and we also have each other although you may be as uncomfortable about that idea as the cat below:

Sloth-cuddles-cat-GIF.gif

Last edited:
Has anybody who has received a rejection letter tried to schedule an appointment to meet with Dr Eubanks?

Has anybody who has received a rejection letter tried to schedule an appointment to meet with Dr Eubanks?

I haven't received anything after my NFA status but I scheduled an appointment already

This may not directly answer your question, but I did that 3 years ago although I don't remember if I received a separate notification saying this was a possibility. Basically, you meet with him in his office and review your file. He points out your strengths and weaknesses, and together you come up with some sort of plan moving forward. This can range from things like getting more experience in a clinical setting to taking some upper level science classes to showing that you have a strong volunteering background. What they do want you to do is to update them with what you are doing every step of the way.

For me, my problem was my undergraduate GPA which he told me straight out. I was fortunate enough to have a fully funded Master's program to raise it which I was able to take advantage of. He wholeheartedly endorsed that idea, and I believe (although don't know) that me following through with the plan played a part in me getting accepted this go around.

I definitely recommend getting a meeting.

This may not directly answer your question, but I did that 3 years ago although I don't remember if I received a separate notification saying this was a possibility. Basically, you meet with him in his office and review your file. He points out your strengths and weaknesses, and together you come up with some sort of plan moving forward. This can range from things like getting more experience in a clinical setting to taking some upper level science classes to showing that you have a strong volunteering background. What they do want you to do is to update them with what you are doing every step of the way.

For me, my problem was my undergraduate GPA which he told me straight out. I was fortunate enough to have a fully funded Master's program to raise it which I was able to take advantage of. He wholeheartedly endorsed that idea, and I believe (although don't know) that me following through with the plan played a part in me getting accepted this go around.

I definitely recommend getting a meeting.

Thank you. I met him with him last year as well before the cycle began. I was just wondering about if they had started scheduling the appointments because I called the office a few weeks ago after I received the rejection letter and I was told that they hadn't started scheduling appointments to meet with Dr Eubanks. I just called and got an appointment for the first week of June. But I do appreciate your reply and congratulations on your acceptance.

Thank you. I met him with him last year as well before the cycle began. I was just wondering about if they had started scheduling the appointments because I called the office a few weeks ago after I received the rejection letter and I was told that they hadn't started scheduling appointments to meet with Dr Eubanks. I just called and got an appointment for the first week of June. But I do appreciate your reply and congratulations on your acceptance.

Do you guys know if he is open to a phone conversation instead of an in-person meeting? I am currently in California temporarily and will not be relocating back to New Orleans until end of July/early August. Would prefer to not spend the money on the flight there due to financial issues, but I also don't want to be unable to meet with Dr. Eubanks due to this.

Do you guys know if he is open to a phone conversation instead of an in-person meeting? I am currently in California temporarily and will not be relocating back to New Orleans until end of July/early August. Would prefer to not spend the money on the flight there due to financial issues, but I also don't want to be unable to meet with Dr. Eubanks due to this.
Somebody did mention earlier on this forum that they do phone conversation but I personally don't know anything about that. You might want to call the admissions office. That'll be the best place to get an answer to that question.

Yes, I have done a phone meeting last year.

Accepted. No mail, but got an email saying they met Wednesday and are offering me acceptance and formal letter soon. Just FYI I'm a nontrad NOLA resident, 501 MCAT 32 hr 3.52 took all 3-4000 level science courses at UNO been working as a nurse for 5 years. 2nd year applying interviewed early March. Good luck guys hope to meet you in the fall!
Congrats on your acceptance!! It must feel amazing! Did your email state when you needed to respond by? I'm just curious to see if there may be another tiny round of offers for people who were accepted last week, but declined their spot.

Last edited: