2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
very true...but about 15 ppl in the group are current students tho...and I've seen a couple ppl in multiple med school Facebook groups....o_O
Yeah I got scared because I saw alot of movement on the FB group.. then I also realized the same thing LOL. And there's like 50ish people on that page for a class that is 105... I don't think we can use that page as a metric for WL movement

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I got scared because I saw alot of movement on the FB group.. then I also realized the same thing LOL. And there's like 50ish people on that page for a class that is 105... I don't think we can use that page as a metric for WL movement

agreed!

The Facebook page is growing but there haven't been many acceptances reported here. Odd.
Noticed that as well. Man, I really hope a lot of us get accepted real soon. The fact that only a couple peeps have said they've been accepted, and that there are so many still on the 10% waitlist who haven't reported an acceptance yet, is making me a tad nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
Noticed that as well. Man, I really hope a lot of us get accepted real soon. The fact that only a couple peeps have said they've been accepted, and that there are so many still on the 10% waitlist who haven't reported an acceptance yet, is making me a tad nervous!

but looking at last year's thread...most ppl got accepted from the top 10% waitlist after May 14/15 and onward...so i think it's still early..

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone on the waitlist sent in a Letter of Intent? And do you think it would be too late to send one in now?

They are no longer accepting any updates or LOI's. The ranking within the waitlist has been set. I had called earlier this week and they confirmed this.

They are no longer accepting any updates or LOI's. The ranking within the waitlist has been set. I had called earlier this week and they confirmed this.

Okay, that's good to know. Thank you!

the waitlist has been set, so did they mention when more movement will occur?

What are all of your opinions on how far they get in the waitlist? Do they actually usually get through the entire top 10%?

What are all of your opinions on how far they get in the waitlist? Do they actually usually get through the entire top 10%?
If I had to guess blindly, I'd say there's about 20 spots in the class still up for grabs, and they are waiting for May 15th deadline to announce.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had to guess blindly, I'd say there's about 20 spots in the class still up for grabs, and they are waiting for May 15th deadline to announce.
wait what is the may 15th deadline? and what exactly would they be annoucing?

Reactions: 1 user
wait what is the may 15th deadline? and what exactly would they be annoucing?
To quote gyngyn from another thread:

"Up until May 15th schools may make offers (of any type) and let AMCAS know about their decisions at "reasonable intervals" (e.g. weekly). After May 15th we must notify AMCAS within 2 business days. Students are still given up to two weeks to consider new offers at this point. This is why there are "waves" of waitlist movement at individual schools. In two weeks the newly accepted will either stay or go and new offers will be made."

-Basically it's part II of the april 30th deadline, and we can expect to see alot of movement on that date (has to do with AMCAS traffic rules).

It was insinuated in this forum that wait-listed students are disqualified from the scholarships that Meharry offers. I can boldly debunk this insinuation. Wait-listed students can still get scholarships from Meharry. Do not be discouraged...... There will be more movement in the coming weeks. According to last year thread, students were still being accepted up until few weeks to classes. Stay positive..

Reactions: 4 users
I'm a male incoming MHS student. Is anyone that been accepted looking for a male roommate? If you know anyone that is notify me as well. Thank you.
I was accepted into the MHS program for the 2016-2017 academic year and I am also looking for a roommate.

It was insinuated in this forum that wait-listed students are disqualified from the scholarships that Meharry offers. I can boldly debunk this insinuation. Wait-listed students can still get scholarships from Meharry. Do not be discouraged...... There will be more movement in the coming weeks. According to last year thread, students were still being accepted up until few weeks to classes. Stay positive..
First of all- Congrats on the scholarship! Secondly- Wow. I called admissions twice and talked to 2 different people, both convincing me that there was no way waitlisted students could get scholarships. :eek:

A opportunity at a scholarship would be nice. However, at this point, I believe an acceptance is the only thing we wait-listers are concerned with at this moment.

Thanks LP. Good information. And very generous/considerate of you to share. Best of luck to you. Qualities suggest you're already on the path to being a fantastic "Medicine Man" (or Woman). MeHarry made a good choice.

Thanks LP. Good information. And very generous/considerate of you to share. Best of luck to you. Qualities suggest you're already on the path to being a fantastic "Medicine Man" (or Woman). MeHarry made a good choice.
Thank you! I appreciate your kind and thoughtful words.

Any movement? Has anyone called the office for an update?

every time I come to this thread and I don't see any updates or movement. The Ha Ha Got Em Meme should pop up.

I called the other day and they said that there has been movement on the top 10% waitlist. sooo either ppl have been accepted and aren't posting or they aren't on SDN.....
That isn't new information, is it? 2 people claimed that they got accepted from 10% WL

Looks like I better study for the MCAT again:( I'm under the impression that the class is full and they will only pull from the WL if somebody drops an acceptance but I could be (and hopefully am) wrong.

i can't believe Meharry hasn't had that much movement this year...well I guess not yet...its still not over...one of my theories is that the requirements for the MHS program was really low...495 which made it easier for students to obtain those spots....

Last edited:
i can't believe Meharry hasn't had that much movement this year...well I guess not yet...its still not over...one of my theories is that the requirements for the MHS program was really low...495 which made it easier for students to obtain those spots....

it looks like last year the majority of the waitlist movement occurred beginning on may 20th and onward.. so idk if we could say its not as much as other years quite yet, right?

I am so disappointed and all I can do is cry. I have no choice but to assume that I am not getting off the WL. Time to prepare for another cycle :(

I am so disappointed and all I can do is cry. I have no choice but to assume that I am not getting off the WL. Time to prepare for another cycle :(
No time to cry manjoi. It'll be a cold day in hell before I cry about this. You want a shot-make one. Apply again or consider an alternate route. Don't let this or anyone stand in your way. We can be doctors if we want it enough.

The person who took me on a tour during the interview told me that they had way more MHS students this year than in the past. Usually there is around 20 students she said, but this past year they had about 50 students. That may be why Meharry interviewed less folks. They knew more MHS students would be taking spots. Just a theory. I do think it would be wise to start getting ready to reapply though. However, don't let having to reapply get you down. I shadowed a doctor who said she had to apply 3 times to med school before she got in. She now she has a very successful dermatologist practice in DC. We will all get to the finish line. Stay positive y'all :)

The person who took me on a tour during the interview told me that they had way more MHS students this year than in the past. Usually there is around 20 students she said, but this past year they had about 50 students. That may be why Meharry interviewed less folks. They knew more MHS students would be taking spots. Just a theory. I do think it would be wise to start getting ready to reapply though. However, don't let having to reapply get you down. I shadowed a doctor who said she had to apply 3 times to med school before she got in. She now she has a very successful dermatologist practice in DC. We will all get to the finish line. Stay positive y'all :)

Looking at the 2014-2015 thread one user commented that their class had about 40 students, which was split between med and dental students. As I see it the MHS class is just not all med students.

it looks like last year the majority of the waitlist movement occurred beginning on may 20th and onward.. so idk if we could say its not as much as other years quite yet, right?
I agree. Last year, May 15th fell on a Friday. There was some movement by then but a flurry came on the 20th and soon after. This year, the 20th is a Friday, so we gotta keep the faith that all is not lost just yet!

The Facebook group for the class of 2020 is about 85 people deep. I'm not sure if people who withdrew after the fact are being removed from the group at this point in time. A lot of people have been added within the last week or two, indicating that there has been some waitlist movement or people recently confirmed their acceptances. It's not looking too bright for the majority of us but keep hope alive. Hopefully, tomorrow brings some good news for some of us. Good Luck everyone!

The Facebook group for the class of 2020 is about 85 people deep. I'm not sure if people who withdrew after the fact are being removed from the group at this point in time. A lot of people have been added within the last week or two, indicating that there has been some waitlist movement or people recently confirmed their acceptances. It's not looking too bright for the majority of us but keep hope alive. Hopefully, tomorrow brings some good news for some of us. Good Luck everyone!

a lot of those ppl are current students...soooo I guess the wait continues...just an aside...I think the new mcat made this year a tad bit more competitive...there hasn't been much waitlist movement at many schools this year....if anyone is reapplying get ur app in asap bc maybe the issue was timing

Last edited:
I withdrew my acceptance today; Going to my state school.
Good luck to everyone.

Oh snaps, congrats! I have friends going there so you are in a good class :) I am withdrawing as well you lovely, lovely people. The school is amazing and I am wishing you all the best! One of you deserving folks will be getting in sooner than later :)

Oh snaps, congrats! I have friends going there so you are in a good class :) I am withdrawing as well you lovely, lovely people. The school is amazing and I am wishing you all the best! One of you deserving folks will be getting in sooner than later :)

Hey Sahgee! When were u accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Accepted. I wish you all the best. Even my nemesis oxbro. Lol. I really mean that dude.
Everyone just remember this: If you are in this for the right reasons then don't give up. You owe that much to yourself and all of the people that you can help.

Accepted. I wish you all the best. Even my nemesis oxbro. Lol. I really mean that dude.
Everyone just remember this: If you are in this for the right reasons then don't give up. You owe that much to yourself and all of the people that you can help.

haha Congrats!!

Top 10% Waitlist
AspiringDoc611 [Interviewed: 2/1]
Manjoi [Interviewed: 2/1]
King Alucard [Interviewed: 2/1]
Swaggy P [Interviewed: 2/5]
CeeEmEs [Interviewed: 2/8 Accepted: 5/2]
MedicineBoy1 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Anthony3887 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Doctor4393 [Interviewed: 2/8]
CSAspiringDoc [Interviewed: 2/8]
Sahgee [Interviewed: 2/15]
TiSumpMD [Interviewed: 2/22]
BlackWarriorPoet1 [Interviewed: 2/29]
L'P [Interviewed: 2/29 Accepted: 4/28]
SuccessisLife [Interviewed: 3/21]
InDocWeTrust [Interviewed: 3/21]
LeftyLadyDoc [Interviewed: 3/21]
Camcam3 [Interviewed: 3/21]
Sand Dude (Accepted: 5/20)

WaitList:
CococolesMD [Interviewed: 2/5]
CSant2525 [Interviewed: 2/8]
Doctor247 [Interviewed: 2/15]
DrODBx3 [Interviewed: 2/22]

@Sand dude Congratulations! What day did you interview again? Also did they call/email you? If anyone else drops there acceptance or is accepted in the near future please post on this forum so we know when to expect waitlist movement! Here's to hoping many more acceptances are on the horizon:)