2015-2016 Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry Application Thread

12 were interviewed, and it was an amazing experience. Be genuine, professional, and prepared to talk about why you would fit in best at Meharry.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Np, I did not get a separate email regarding my DAT scores being received. Here is the email I got:

Dear Applicant:

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your verified AADSAS application including DAT scores, Meharry Medical College Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. Your application is now complete and is ready to be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and interview consideration.

Please allow up to six weeks for review. You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision. There is no need to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment until the Admissions Committee's review is complete as this seriously delays the process.

Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College.

Around a week later I had an interview invite in my email.
Just received this email yesterday...... Patiently waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Awfully quiet in here lately....has anyone received any updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received an email stating that, "Your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2016 admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing" ?

Has anyone else received an email stating that, "Your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2016 admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing" ?

Almost had a heart attack reading it....but yes I just got the email too lol

Reactions: 2 users
lol! me too, I thought it was the interview invite! Hopefully things aren't delayed too much

Did anyone recieve this email?

Dear Applicant,

On behalf of the School of Dental Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Dentistry at Meharry Medical College.

Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2016 Admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing.

Thank you again for applying and you can be assured that once processing of your file is complete, written communication will be sent to you.

Roslyn White, Director
Admissions and Recruitment
Meharry Medial College

open

Got the same email as well. First thought it was an interview and got excited. Then got depressed after reading the first paragraph and thinking it was a rejection, then I calmed back down again after reading the whole thing lol

Reactions: 1 users
Got the email, too. And "the unusually large volume of applications" scares me out a little bit lol

Let's all keep the faith guys! Are interview invites are coming.

Had an interview there today :)
AMAZING would be an understatement.
I knew this was my #1 school, now I KNOW this is my #1 school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who interviewed yesterday, if anyone has questions about the school feel free to reach out. I'm a current d1 was at the interviews yesterday

Reactions: 2 users
Recieved an invite, I can't go the day they selected me for, and they won't have any more interviews until 2016, "if they haven't already filled their class by then."

Recieved an invite, I can't go the day they selected me for, and they won't have any more interviews until 2016, "if they haven't already filled their class by then."
Congrats!!! Did you receive your invite today? And what date did they select you for? If you don't mind sharing

Congrats!!! Did you receive your invite today? And what date did they select you for? If you don't mind sharing
Recieved it on the 26th for November 6th. Couldn't go, and they sent me another email yesterday saying there was a scheduling conflict, so the 13th opened up. And I can go to that one

So i'm guessing Meharry is done doing pre-december interviews.

So i'm guessing Meharry is done doing pre-december interviews.

According to their interview schedule, there will be interviews conducted this friday and next friday on the 13th before they go on winter break. However, due to the delay in application processing, I'm not sure if alterations have been made to the interview schedule.

Hey, for those that received interview invites, did your status on AADSAS change when you received an email from the school? My status just changed this morning from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete".

Hey, for those that received interview invites, did your status on AADSAS change when you received an email from the school? My status just changed this morning from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete".

Mine went from app received/complete️ under review ️ invited for interview.

I saw the update on AADSAS first. But no email. Then I checked my junk... And voila!!

I was starting to get nervous.
Pre december Nov 20th
Interview
School: Meharry
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28/15
Application complete date: 10/21/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69 sci, 3.72 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/ QR 12

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, hope this cycle has been going great for everyone so far. I submitted my app on 8/3/15, and was marked complete on 10/21/15. Those letters man.......Got invited for an interview for 11/20/15! I received an email on 11/9/15 for the interview and AADSAS was updated the next day. Stay Strong Everyone!

Good evening applicants!! I am currently a first year dental student here at Meharry as well as a class officer. It was a long and trying journey to get here, but every day back on this campus makes it worth every moment of disappointment, frustration and failure. Considering that Meharry is definitely about family and helping each other in this journey towards earning a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree as well as obtaining a fulfilling career, I am here if you have any questions or concerns. DM me because that will pop up in my email and I will respond to those faster than just reading down this thread. Wherever you may go for dental school, just know that it is undoubtedly hard work. If it wasn't then everybody would do it. At the end of the day, regardless of whether you are accepted or not, stay diligent in your pursuit of excellence and stay prayed up. Good luck and God bless!

Reactions: 8 users
When does Meharry send acceptances?

Its 12:44 pm eastern time and Ive heard nothing at all. No calls, no emails.

I checked the POBox thinking that maybe they mailed something, but it was empty.

Ill keep you guys posted.

No portal changes/emails yet? It's noon CST!:eek:

Just got acceptance email, check yours

They send them so late!
Acceptance#4
Notification date: 12/1/15
Method of notification: E-mail @ 4:38pm CST
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/20/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12

Last edited:
They send them so late!
Acceptance#4
Notification date: 12/1/15
Method of notification: E-mail @ 4:38pm EST
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/20/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12
Did you get an email? What did it say??! If you dont mind?

Did you get an email? What did it say??! If you dont mind?
2016 Meharry Medical College Admissions Decision - Admit (the title.)
Dear Future Meharrian:

Congratulations! On behalf of the School of Dentistry Admissions Committee, it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been admitted into the Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree program in the School of Dentistry at Meharry Medical College. Please be aware that classes will begin the last week of June 2016. We sincerely hope that you will accept our invitation and we look forward to having you join the Class of 2020.

And some other stuff about admissions.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who interviewed yesterday, if anyone has questions about the school feel free to reach out. I'm a current d1 was at the interviews yesterday

Very kind of you mds7 ...I am moving to Nashville early next year whether I am accepted or not. Meharry is the only school I am applying to, and I definitely am praying to be a future Meharrian! Any advice you could give on what you wish you would have known when you were in our shoes would be greatly appreciated!

Got an email stating that I will hear back from them no later than Dec 11th and they are still reviewing interview candidates to find the best fit for the class. I am freaking out. Did anyone else get a similar email? What does this mean?!

Got an email stating that I will hear back from them no later than Dec 11th and they are still reviewing interview candidates to find the best fit for the class. I am freaking out. Did anyone else get a similar email? What does this mean?!
Looking out for emails too. What time did they send it to you ? if you would be so kind :)

Very kind of you mds7 ...I am moving to Nashville early next year whether I am accepted or not. Meharry is the only school I am applying to, and I definitely am praying to be a future Meharrian! Any advice you could give on what you wish you would have known when you were in our shoes would be greatly appreciated!
If you don't get in, maybe they'll offer a spot in the MHS program. If so definitely take it. The one thing I would do is if you move here to come visit the school and meet the faculty, definitely make your face known. Honestly I don't think I would need to know prior to coming to Nashville, besides looking for places to live but my class will be posting information soon. It would probably help me if you have specific question you can PM me.

Accepted yesterday (12/1) around 5:30 p.m. on the ride home from work!!! I had to pull over haha! Hello to all my future classmates!

Congrats to everyone who was sent an acceptance letter yesterday!!! Should you accept the invitation to be part of the class of 2020, be on the look out on Facebook for an invite to your class page where myself and a few others will post information for housing and answer any other questions you may have. To anyone still waiting, be patient and stay prayed up. God bless

Got the same email :/ No idea what this may mean. This waiting is a legit form of torture :arghh:

Got the same email :/ No idea what this may mean. This waiting is a legit form of torture :arghh:
Interviews may run until the beginning of February, with those interviews ending probably this or next Friday and picking back up at the beginning of January. But we are still in class through the 11th and there is another week of business after that. I believe campus will close on the 18th

Hello,
I would first like to say congratulations to those that have been accepted and keep the faith to those who are waiting for acceptances. Hopefully next year i will be in you guys shoes applying to dental schools with Meharry as one of my choices. I just have a quick question if anyone could please answer for me. Can anyone explain this requirement for the required courses (Inorganic Chemistry with Quantitative Analysis with Laboratory 8). Are they looking for principles of chemistry 1 and 2 or either general chemistry one and two along with the quantitative analysis class or would just taking principles of chemistry 1 and 2 or either general chemistry one and two satisfy this requirement. Could you all post the courses you took to satisfy this requirement i would greatly appreciate it. My school offers principles of chemistry 1 and 2 for the inorganic course sequence, so those are the two i have taken. My school does not offer an quantitative analysis course but i see that some bigger universities do so i am confused on this part.

Hello,
I would first like to say congratulations to those that have been accepted and keep the faith to those who are waiting for acceptances. Hopefully next year i will be in you guys shoes applying to dental schools with Meharry as one of my choices. I just have a quick question if anyone could please answer for me. Can anyone explain this requirement for the required courses (Inorganic Chemistry with Quantitative Analysis with Laboratory 8). Are they looking for principles of chemistry 1 and 2 or either general chemistry one and two along with the quantitative analysis class or would just taking principles of chemistry 1 and 2 or either general chemistry one and two satisfy this requirement. Could you all post the courses you took to satisfy this requirement i would greatly appreciate it. My school offers principles of chemistry 1 and 2 for the inorganic course sequence, so those are the two i have taken. My school does not offer an quantitative analysis course but i see that some bigger universities do so i am confused on this part.

It's Gen Chem 1 and 2.

It's Gen Chem 1 and 2.
So would principles of chemistry 1 and 2 satisfy this requirement because my school only offers those two inorganic courses. I attend a university in the state of Georgia and most schools here offer principles of chem 1 and 2 instead of general 1 and 2. Also, did you take an Quantitative analysis course?