2015-2016 Ponce School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted... I was notified by email this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that interviewed already not received any updates? Like any info of being waitlisted, rejected, accepted, or anything. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed already not received any updates? Like any info of being waitlisted, rejected, accepted, or anything. Thanks!
Yes I interviewed less than a month ago and still have not heard back on a decision. I have called and they said to patiently wait for an email from the school. Please let me know if you hear from them.

Just got an email saying i was waitlisted.

Last edited:
Same as 'dremkay', I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard from the school. Hope everyone gets an answer really soon.

Got waitlisted.

Last edited:
Hi, anybody here who's been accepted in UCC and any other med school, that will not go to UCC, please reject your space... I know people that are desperately waiting for it :(

I was accepted off the wait list last week! :)

I was accepted off the wait list last week! :)
Hello DrEB17, first of all congratulations! were you notified via e-mail or through regular mail?

Last edited:
Hello DrEB17, first of all congratulations! were you notified via e-mail or through regular mail?
Thanks, bioper! I was notified over email. They sent the email to me last Tuesday.

Has anyone that has been accepted received more information on the start date or documents needed besides the acceptance letter and financial aid papers?

Last edited:
Hey guys. I am an OOS and I recently got an interview for Ponce coming up this December. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect in terms of the interview, and maybe some types of questions to expect? I am decent in Spanish, but of am better at English, will questions also be in English? Thank you.

Hey guys. I am an OOS and I recently got an interview for Ponce coming up this December. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect in terms of the interview, and maybe some types of questions to expect? I am decent in Spanish, but of am better at English, will questions also be in English? Thank you.

I didnt get interviewed there, but from what I've read and heard is that its an MMI type of interview. They take a few applicants and interview them together with various faculty members. They also switch from Spanish to English mid-interview, so your conversational Spanish has to be pretty decent.

Hi! Well my interview here was one interview with one professor and 3 other applicants. Most of my interview was in Spanish, with about two questions in English. The questions can go from what you're studying and explaining your extracurriculars to talking about positive and negative things about yourself.

For OOS students, if you mess up on your Spanish will they take it as a big deal? I'm decent at Spanish for being OOS, but I know I will mess up and I hope I will not be punished for it.

Same as 'dremkay', I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard from the school. Hope everyone gets an answer really soon.

Got waitlisted.
Did you ever get in after waitlisted?